Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

I’m not Corbyn’s greatest fan, but the ball’s in play now. Let’s see what happens.

It’s not as if the Tories are in a great place. They will be squeezed in both Scotland and the Remain parts of the South. We are yet to see if they can really gain in the Labour North. They may struggle to.

They are very reliant on Johnson’s electoral ‘magic’. The rest of the Government is full of absolute twats who will need keeping off the TV. Should any revelation damage Johnson (Arcuri?) it could get close.

C’mon Jezza, get on the stump again.
I’d like it to be otherwise but I think the Tories are in a great place tbh .

I know of two Christmas parties that day. Not mine, I doubt if will we be having one.
btw. does this mean we can cancel Christmas?

I know of two Christmas parties that day. Not mine, I doubt if will we be having one.
btw. does this mean we can cancel Christmas?

Ours is the 13th so at least we can go out and get drunk. Although I’m on duty so there’s always a chance I won’t make it out at all if there’s a crisis.

I’d like it to be otherwise but I think the Tories are in a great place tbh .

Yes, Brexit counts for a massive amount and would seem to put a lot of votes in the Tory bag.

But in other respects they are not in such a great place - he's a PM who continually loses votes, failed to deliver his 31st October promise, has alienated natural support of unionists of all sorts, faces meltdown in Scotland, pressure in the Tory Remain seats, has other issues like Arcuri that threaten to boil over, has ex-ministers ready to cause trouble and has a calamity prone cabinet comprised of what must be the thickest group of shits ever to take the name. Moreover the strategy to mitigate these deficits is the Tories (or their provisional wing the BP) need to take Labour heartlands.

In any post war election these would have been seen as potentially fatal problems. They probably won't be, but a majority is by no means assured.

Yes, Brexit counts for a massive amount and would seem to put a lot of votes in the Tory bag.

But in other respects they are not in such a great place - he's a PM who continually loses votes, failed to deliver his 31st October promise, has alienated natural support of unionists of all sorts, faces meltdown in Scotland, pressure in the Tory Remain seats, has other issues like Arcuri that threaten to boil over, has ex-ministers ready to cause trouble and has a calamity prone cabinet comprised of what must be the thickest group of shits ever to take the name. Moreover the strategy to mitigate these deficits is the Tories (or their provisional wing the BP) need to take Labour heartlands.

In any post war election these would have been seen as potentially fatal problems. They probably won't be, but a majority is by no means assured.

most of those errors, etc, will be forgotten in a GE

oh, and much of the fight and bile from the right is going to be on social media, unless you are targeted, or read the guardian, which will document it, you won't really know it is happening.

most of those errors, etc, will be forgotten in a GE

oh, and much of the fight and bile from the right is going to be on social media, unless you are targeted, or read the guardian, which will document it, you won't really know it is happening.
True. Most of the campaigning will be done invisibly online rather than on the doorstep. (Plus the Tories don't have the foot soldiers these days anyway.)

Back
Top Bottom