Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

I think the odds are on that, Labour is sadly in a complete mess.

I’m not Corbyn’s greatest fan, but the ball’s in play now. Let’s see what happens.

It’s not as if the Tories are in a great place. They will be squeezed in both Scotland and the Remain parts of the South. We are yet to see if they can really gain in the Labour North. They may struggle to.

They are very reliant on Johnson’s electoral ‘magic’. The rest of the Government is full of absolute twats who will need keeping off the TV. Should any revelation damage Johnson (Arcuri?) it could get close.

C’mon Jezza, get on the stump again.

I'm dreaming of a hung christmas
D83ZESvX4AAprY4.jpg

Had labour canvassers round mine the other day, to be expected, election imminent. Told bloke who knocked my door I would probably vote labour in GE as didn't want a tory MP but declined invitation to put a fucking poster in my window. Anyway now I get to look forward to answering door to some tory wankers, last time round I did so in my pants. It's the little pleasures.

Reasonable chance that DUP will lose Belfast South to SDLP, Belfast North to Sinn Fein, and potentially even Belfast East to Alliance.

This would mean 8 Sinn Fein seats, 1 SDLP seat, 7 DUP seats, 1 Alliance seat, and 1 independent (unionist). Or in other words, 9 Nationalist seats, 1 neutral, and 8 unionist seats.

This would be the first election since partition in which nationalist MPs outnumber unionist.

United Ireland not far away.

Had the Brexit Party canvassing around my street and some mugs have fallen for their shite and are displaying posters. This is Denis Skinner's constituency and Labour are going to have to pull their fingers out to canvass and spread the message and not just expect the votes.

Had the Brexit Party canvassing around my street and some mugs have fallen for their shite and are displaying posters. This is Denis Skinner's constituency and Labour are going to have to pull their fingers out to canvass and spread the message and not just expect the votes.
Is Skinner standing? Think that would make him father of the house? Assuming Clarke sticks to his word and doesn't stand again

Not seen anything locally to say that he isn't standing but time will tell.
If he was stepping down we'd know. The selection timetable, at least, would be out by now, but it isn't. So he's staying on.

Not sure what is/will be happening with Derby North though.

This includes the 20+ Tories like Clarke who have had the whip withdrawn. There’s currently 30-35 Independents. There is no way that will remain the same.
Boris Johnson has restored the Conservative whip to 10 of the 21 Tory MPs expelled last month for rebelling to stop a no-deal Brexit, including Churchill's grandson Sir Nicholas Soames and former cabinet minister Greg Clark, a party spokesman has announced.
10 rebel Tories have whip restored after rebelling against no-deal Brexit

This includes the 20+ Tories like Clarke who have had the whip withdrawn. There’s currently 30-35 Independents. There is no way that will remain the same.

And as if by magic, radio is reporting this very second that 10 of them have just had the whip restored and are no longer Independents.

And as if by magic, radio is reporting this very second that 10 of them have just had the whip restored and are no longer Independents.
And of those that haven't had the whip restored, how many will be standing again? (Not Philip Hammond or Ken Clarke)
)

Back
Top Bottom