Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

Seems somewhat unusual; I was under the impression that such status was always considered potentially higher at times of significant electoral events?

Tends to be only if there is a precieved domestic threat. The last raise of the threat level was due to isis having massive resources at the time. That has now diminished after various defeats in Syria. That's why it was downgraded.

Also they evaluate the threat level over 6 months before they downgrade it. It can go up quickly after a change in world events or a terror attack but downgrading it is a long process. The election wouldn't have even been able to be taken in to account during the time frame the decision was made in.

Just thought. Galloway was going to stand in West Brom to oppose Watson. I hope he's put his papers in already :)

Plaid, Greens, and Lib Dem electoral pact. I think that's remarkably stupid of Plaid. The areas they want to be competitive in aren't jam packed with 'Sensible Centrists', and it'll put off left voters fed up with Welsh Labour.

Plaid, Greens, and Lib Dem electoral pact. I think that's remarkably stupid of Plaid. The areas they want to be competitive in aren't jam packed with 'Sensible Centrists', and it'll put off left voters fed up with Welsh Labour.
Both PC and Greens are total mugs
The majority of candidates given a free run will be Lib Dems given that the party had 20 MPs when parliament was dissolved this week, against four for Plaid Cymru and one for the Greens.

Very generous of Swinson to let someone else have a little chance in the middle of her glorious sweep to government isn't it.

The 'party of wales' not standing in every welsh constituency is lunacy. Even the remain alliance bit doesn't wash - I know price wanted a revoke position but official plaid stance is second ref, which is contrary to libdem position of revoke

Many Welsh indy supporters are against this, libdems are a unionist party. FPTP makes for strange bedfellows at times.

In the longer run it should be positive because they'll stab PC in the back down the line, that's guaranteed.

libdems are now, allegedly, pro-Welsh indy but anti-Scots indy.

Back
Top Bottom