Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

How many people out there have the vaguest idea who Stalin even was? Normal people, I mean.

As it happens, I asked a group of millenials if anyone could identify the decapitated statue in this image recently. Nobody had a clue who it was, even when I mentioned that it had been taken in Budapest in 1956.
c5b129d9229f72ba8b660f71049245e0.jpg

I don’t know why they have assigned cleverly the role of fronting their fuck ups - he is a charmless unimaginative wanker - he’s a patsy and doesn’t realise he is being made to look like a twat on a daily basis

I was wondering that as well. He's been sent around to do all the leg work at the moment, I know he's the chairman and all but what are the ministers up to? Of course if you were being very cynical you may consider there to be one reason why he is going to be a very public figure of this campaign...

As it happens, I asked a group of millenials if anyone could identify the decapitated statue in this image recently. Nobody had a clue who it was, even when I mentioned that it had been taken in Budapest in 1956.

I can see how the Stalin references might resonate with a segment of the electorate. But these are likely to be Tory voters in the main, although also possibly older working class voters who remember the constructed crises of the 1970's. But it's a bizarre line to open up a campaign with and, as with the IRA stuff, unlikely to connect with much outside he tory base. Odd.

I can see how the Stalin references might resonate with a segment of the electorate. But these are likely to be Tory voters in the main, although also possibly older working class voters who remember the constructed crises of the 1970's. But it's a bizarre line to open up a campaign with and, as with the IRA stuff, unlikely to connect with much outside he tory base. Odd.
Maybe they’re worried about the Tory base?

its not all that long since they wheeled out the Stalin docus on the beeb, round the time of the revolution's centenary. Thats not much compared to the glut of docus on royalty, war and the victorians

Did they? I must have missed that. The only upsurge in interest in Stalin I've noted is on the fringes of the middle class hobbyist left. Who. let's face it, talk only to themselves.

Back
Top Bottom