Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

Roughly no change would be very funny but it would be even better if the Tories lost a dozen or so and all those lib dem defectors got booted out. Maybe labour can gain ten to keep Corbyn in for another go round
Something really annoying like five less Tories and two less DUP. Just so the remainers can't turn up and cancel A50 but Johnson remains absolutely fucked.

The inertia has certainly not been worse than what came before. The Tories have been distracted from enacting new ways to fuck with everyone and despite Brexiteer wet dreams the country barely batted an eyelid at the 31st passing by without leaving.
The nearest thing to public disorder round here was the number of kids knocking on the door to extort sweets out of us.

The govt (regardless of who they are) has an automatic advantage in that they can do stuff rather than just say stuff but the short notice this time means their options other than probably empty promises is limited.
There is absolutely nothing stopping them from raising benefits in 2020 only to bang another freeze on in 2021
I don't think this will win them many votes and let's face it anyone on benefits who votes Tory because they have been given a few extra crumbs just this once really is beyond help

It's fair enough for then to run to govern the country. A platform of 'please be a hung parliament so we might get a couple of ministerial cars out of it' or 'vote for us to let the Tories in' would get them even less votes than they'll get anyway.

A reasonably sensible account of attempting to use polling to predict seat outcomes on Political Betting . Author concludes:
If I had to guess, I’d now predict a Tory majority of 15-30 overall, but anything from 60 to minus 30 and a Labour minority government looks perfectly credible. Do your own research, but despite the feverish atmosphere I’d bet against larger changes either way.

Jeremy Corbyn has written to me personally and asked me to write his manifesto for him:
Dear Kabbes

We could have a Labour Government by Christmas!

The General Election on 12 December gives us all a once-in-a-generation chance for real change in this country. In the coming weeks we will be publishing our election manifesto setting out our proposals.

Labour is a movement, and our strength comes from us all working together. That's why I want to hear your priorities for our manifesto.

Help write our manifesto today
How do you think we can best tackle the climate and environmental emergency, or rebuild our public services? How can we end the scourge of poverty, or create a world of peace and human rights? Share your thoughts now, and together we'll make our movement even stronger.

What suggestions shall I give?

Last edited:
Jeremy Corbyn has written to me personally and asked me to write his manifestation for him:
Dear Kabbes

We could have a Labour Government by Christmas!

The General Election on 12 December gives us all a once-in-a-generation chance for real change in this country. In the coming weeks we will be publishing our election manifesto setting out our proposals.

Labour is a movement, and our strength comes from us all working together. That's why I want to hear your priorities for our manifesto.

Help write our manifesto today
How do you think we can best tackle the climate and environmental emergency, or rebuild our public services? How can we end the scourge of poverty, or create a world of peace and human rights? Share your thoughts now, and together we'll make our movement even stronger.

What suggestions shall I give?

Strict enforcement of any previous ditch-based commitments.

Back
Top Bottom