Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2017 General Election campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does blaming TM over police cuts make much sense in this case, though? Given that they had these guys shot within 8 minutes of receiving the emergency call, it's hard to argue they botched it this time...
700 fewer armed police officers now than in 2010, so the potential response time on average across the country must be higher than it would have been previously. Every minute is a minute in which more people are attacked.

That can't be real
Greg Knight - Wikipedia
"Knight is a classic car enthusiast and owns a number of classic cars.
He plays the drums and is a founder member of MP4 —the world's only parliamentary rock group. The others are fellow MPs Kevin Brennan and Peter Wishart and former MP Ian Cawsey....
He has written six books, mostly on the subject of political quips and insults."

I'd rather not know, and I'd even less like to see any YouTube, but could someone please briefly summarise the gist of this uselessness?? :hmm:

She got asked about a report that 95% of people had never heard of, and which may not even have been publicly released. Rather than say she'd not read it, she tried to insist that she had. A hullabaloo then ensued.

I'd rather not know, and I'd even less like to see any YouTube, but could someone please briefly summarise the gist of this uselessness?? :hmm:

well she was on Murnaghan on Sky earlier and a report into how to police London came up, which she said she'd read and then car crash bluffed her way through, having not read it, but who knows where else her 'talents' have been deployed

She got asked about a report that 95% of people had never heard of, and which may not even have been publicly released. Rather than say she'd not read it, she tried to insist that she had. A hullabaloo then ensued.
London’s preparedness to respond to a major terrorist incident A London MP, holding the main Home Office brief, not reading THE independant report into how London should deal with terrorism, its bread and butter stuff not swotty extra homework for someone in that position

I suspect I dont want to read any more about this at all, but given how reasonably Corbyn has performed (emphasising police cuts etc), can he just not fucking silence any more team-rubbish until after Thursday :( :mad:

And there's cutrrently no real election campaign happening at all.

All we're getting is fucking terrorism.
Terrorists are Tories :mad: (as well as being murdering shitbags obs :( )

Perhaps, though there are more important things that she should have read about London's security and how a major incident would be responded to.

If it had been acted on, Westminster Bridge and the London Bridge bit of Saturday wouldn't have happend. (as she know knows)

If it had been acted on, Westminster Bridge and the London Bridge bit of Saturday wouldn't have happend. (as she know knows)

That is going quite a bit too far. Those two attacks would probably have happened, and probably have had the same result, even if all Harris' recommendations were implemented in full on the day he made them.

That is going quite a bit too far. Those two attacks would probably have happened, and probably have had the same result, even if all Harris' recommendations were implemented in full on the day he made them.
The attacks would have taken place elsewhere, I grant you, but he wanted crash barriers protecting pedestrians because of Nice if Abbott was on top of her brief she could have been harranging for months rather than tonights cluelessness

The attacks would have taken place elsewhere, I grant you, but he wanted crash barriers protecting pedestrians because of Nice if Abbott was on top of her brief she could have been harranging for months rather than tonights cluelessness
she could have been ramping up fear while Corbyn promoted hope?

Perhaps, though IIRC the initial decision to remove a lot of the crash railings was taken under Livingstone (though Johnson ramped it up a lot).

He's really going for it!
upload_2017-6-6_1-41-23.png

This is his pitch, his statement of intent, what we're being asked to endorse. Worth reading in full, I'd suggest, before dwelling on specific bits.

She's going to have to come up with something very clear to answer that.

She's going to have to come up with something very clear to answer that.

I don't think so; she'll carry on as before.

Now Diane has shit the bed again; the entire news cycle will be that interview on a loop.

I do feel sorry for all the Labour media folks who have been driving the police cuts stuff all day only to have their legs chopped off at the knees because Diane Abbott is incapable of admitting she doesn't remember the detail of a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom