Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations 2023

The sexton one was a shoulder to the head, the difference between a yellow and a red was that sexton was crouched down and Williams was absorbing the tackle.
For the kick he had loads of time to dodge the jumper, he took a bit of contact and went down like he was shot.
Can I have the number of your dealer?

The sexton one was a shoulder to the head, the difference between a yellow and a red was that sexton was crouched down and Williams was absorbing the tackle.
For the kick he had loads of time to dodge the jumper, he took a bit of contact and went down like he was shot.
Hmm, for me I think with Sexton you have to consider that he came up into the shoulder, running with his head down rather than being tackled with a shoulder leading. He's a clever player no mistake. With your man in the air, the responsibility is on him to come down without injuring anyone (as opposed to a tackle that puts you up in the air, when the tackler is responsible). I wouldn't put it on the person on the ground to dodge when they're watching the ball. For me they're both pens, no card. I could talk this stuff over all day long though, love it where the clear cut rules become subjective :cool: Always interesting how everyone perceives it :)

I’m a good boy these days. I actually feel sorry for Wales, it’s like drunkenly phoning your ex at 3 in the morning and they pick up because they haven’t found anything better either.
IKR? I'll just count all the grand slams through my tears.

tbf we are all arguing about 2 incidents when we had a welsh player more or less spiked because of an uncontrolled sliding tackle

that should of been a card if anything :hmm:

also Go Scotland :D

I'm not arguing, I don't think sleaterkinney is either, they're just opinions :hmm: Sorry if you are looking for a row, I don't think I cba to put my angry eyes in :D Ireland won, England lost, day one couldn't have gone much better.

i'm not looking for a row been a good day for rugby ireland won, scotland won and the Orcs did not

only way it could of been better if eddie jones was still the coach

tbf think the shoulder to the face should end the discussion just watching it unfold

if i wanted a row i could go to the brexit or anti car threads :)

Hmm, for me I think with Sexton you have to consider that he came up into the shoulder, running with his head down rather than being tackled with a shoulder leading. He's a clever player no mistake. With your man in the air, the responsibility is on him to come down without injuring anyone (as opposed to a tackle that puts you up in the air, when the tackler is responsible). I wouldn't put it on the person on the ground to dodge when they're watching the ball. For me they're both pens, no card. I could talk this stuff over all day long though, love it where the clear cut rules become subjective :cool: Always interesting how everyone perceives it :)
Williams got absolutely panelled by a huge, flying bloke. Agreed no YC but dangerous play nonetheless and to suggest that Williams was faking after being absolutely ragged is vintage sleater

tbf we are all arguing about 2 incidents when we had a welsh player more or less spiked because of an uncontrolled sliding tackle

that should of been a card if anything :hmm:

also Go Scotland :D

God yeah I remember seeing that, it was early doors wasn't it? Dumped on his head. Definitely a card. Edit: ignore me I can see the minutes now :facepalm:

Reactions: Ax^
only thing the irish lad has going for him is you are not allowed to try to jump out of the way of a tackle

for this reason

Williams got absolutely panelled by a huge, flying bloke. Agreed no YC but dangerous play nonetheless and to suggest that Williams was faking after being absolutely ragged is vintage sleater
It’s about 3:30 here. What being absolutely panelled on a rugby pitch looks like.

Anyway, well done Ireland. Solid if unspectacular against second tier opposition. Incredibly physical and clinical (in parts). Slam is on.
Be interesting when Furlong, Park and Henshaw get back. There will be some solidity in Midfield, some pace and an occasional distributor. Was surprised Hanson didn’t get into the game till quite late.

Thought Aki immense when he came on probably did enough to take the shirt off McCloskey. Anyway slam on, yes it is until it’s not. We need to improve.

Be interesting when Furlong, Park and Henshaw get back. There will be some solidity in Midfield, some pace and an occasional distributor. Was surprised Hanson didn’t get into the game till quite late.

Thought Aki immense when he came on probably did enough to take the shirt off McCloskey. Anyway slam on, yes it is until it’s not. We need to improve.
Yes. If that's what you can do with three of your key players missing then what can you do with them back?

Reactions: Ax^
if they come back and we don't sort out the discipline we are fucked

its the only reason we won massive games over the last few years

be focused and clinical for 80 minutes and more

Finally got round to watching England Scotland. Scotland deserved that win. If I was Borthwick I’d be trying to find a scrum half desperately. The two in show for England were average esp Youngs. Anyhow I thought the Farrell and Smith partnership was good, lovely to see Farrell let smith play is own game.

Now Italy France.

He's a great little player that Italian 15. You cannot make a mistake playing this French side though eh. Always ready to pounce.

I just took the dog out for 15 minutes and came back to Italy ahead. Just in time to see them go behind again :facepalm: :D

Yeah had Italy got their earlier penalty that wobbled wide they’d have had a penalty in front of the posts to win. But thems the breaks

As it is next week you have a France team who had a scare today playing an Ireland team who didn’t have much of a game in the end

Back
Top Bottom