As the pound in our pocket turns into a dollar

hmm second verse is more with the times

This is the land where nothing changes
The land of red buses and blue blooded babies
This is the place, where pensioners are raped
And the hearts are being cut from the welfare state
Let the poor drink the milk while the rich eat the honey
Let the bums count their blessings while they count the money

Disingenuous toss again. Enjoy your tantrum.
Don't think it's me the tantrums on here come from. Some of the war enthusiasts have seemed in a permanent sense of excitable outrage since Feb 24th, or even before. Constantly they remind us that, ahem, 'our' side is winning (like they're following the match on the car radio), but at the same time they're angry about it.

Don't think it's me the tantrums on here come from. Some of the war enthusiasts have seemed in a permanent sense of excitable outrage since Feb 24th, or even before. Constantly they remind us that, ahem, 'our' side is winning (like they're following the match on the car radio), but at the same time they're angry about it.

Enthusiasts? Remember who started this war?

oh no its such a shame the Russians have not done better :hmm:

wtf are you even on about now?

'Madmen,' 'evil dictators', 'Putinbots'... The lack of politics on this supposedly left-wing board is sometimes staggering.

Enthusiasts? Remember who started this war?

oh no its such a shame the Russians have not done better :hmm:

wtf are you even on about now?
You can still be enthusiastic about a war your 'own side' didn't start, and many on here, and elsewhere, are. I think for some of them at least, they enjoy that they can for once identify with those who have the money, power and military clout to further what they fondly consider one of their own causes.

And how many times can we be reminded that Russia started the war? We know. It's been in the news.

You just make yourself look like a complete dick when you write off anyone who disagrees with you as a "war enthusiast". If that's an example of your simplistic thinking, no wonder you end up holding some of the positions you do.

You just make yourself look like a complete dick when you write off anyone who disagrees with you as a "war enthusiast". If that's an example of your simplistic thinking, no wonder you end up holding some of the positions you do.
Plenty have seemed enthusiastic about this war to me. It's merely shorthand. Don't be offended.

hmm second verse is more with the times

This is the land where nothing changes
The land of red buses and blue blooded babies
This is the place, where pensioners are raped
And the hearts are being cut from the welfare state
Let the poor drink the milk while the rich eat the honey
Let the bums count their blessings while they count the money

Be as selective as you want sweet bird of truth

Reactions: Ax^
Fair enough, someone has to cheer on the Russian ruling class after all.
Is that the Russian ruling class that all along I've considered a major part of the slow-motion build up in this war, after their robbing the country blind led to the rise of Putin (who lets them continue but acts as referee)?

Is that the Russian ruling class that all along I've considered a major part of the slow-motion build up in this war, after their robbing the country blind led to the rise of Putin (who lets them continue but acts as referee)?
Yes the ones you keep insisting only did what they had to do, provoked as they were by NATO. Poor lads, simple victims of western exploitation. No choices to make, no chance to do anything different. Just the US and EU had that luxury.

Anyway you've certainly expressed no solidarity with any of the people sitting under fire in the woods and fields, you keep suggesting at least some of them should be left to die, and calling everyone on here ignorant and warmongers when they disagree. Complaining about a lack of "politics" while offering none of your own. No analysis, no solutions, no ideas. You revel in your own negativity.

But here we are discussing you again. Cute.

What did you think of the Moscow "holy war" rally? Any reaction? Or would you care to point out any such thing happening in Ukraine or the rest of Europe?

I disagree with RD2003 on plenty, but I fully agree that the 'evil' 'mad' etc. stuff around Putin are really are pretty poor politics. I also think cheering on Ukrainiane resistance is far from being a supporter of the Ukrainian ruling class (or NATO) and to paint it as that is also stupidly simplistic and unhelpful as an analysis.

tbf the madman stuff from my side is from his WW2 Nazi inspired speech from yesterday call his invasion of Ukraine as a battle between Anglo Saxons and Slavs

they guys a madman for that as he is attacking other Slavs

Yeah, I get why it gets used, I use it sometimes unthinkingly as well, but not only is it a shit (non-existent) analysis but also it's not a great thing to use as a slur/criticism.

Think them silly if you wish. It isn't me cheering on our own ruling class.

Christ. There’s been some serious political illiteracy on these boards over the years but for you to consider those who wish Ill on a political and military machine that’s raping and murdering it’s way through another country as ‘cheering on the ruling class’, is uniquely and grotesquely bizarre.

Last edited:
Are you? With your enthusiasm for distant conflict, you seen permanently pissed to me.

Maybe you'd be better employed thinking about some more lives to throw on a fire than being smug on here.
With your disdain for distant conflict you seem to be permanently descending the steps at Heston Airport.

Corrected on following advice from RD2003.

Last edited:
Christ. There’s been some serious political illiteracy on these boards over the years but for you to consider those who wish Ill on a political and military machine that’s raping and murdering it’s way through another country as ‘cheering on the ruling class’, is uniquely and grotesquely bizarre.
Do you think that those who can see through all this are in favour of rape and murder or something?

Funnily enough I've never noticed such enthusiasm for other western-backed wars involving just the same kind of atrocities. There's something about this one that's really captured the imagination of the liberal left. And not a sign of a critique of the build-up, nor any acknowledgement of its complete avoidability.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom