Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

It was a light hearted paraphrase from Pauline Calf: "a couple of GCSEs and she thinks she's Anne Diamond"... you just leapt on it to 'confirm' your frankly bizarre set of assumptions about what I must think
Ask yourself why anyone would think that you are the snobby person i suggest, why your subsequent defences didn't re-inforce such a reading and why you didn't use the quote? What you've done is what the people who thought Alf garnett was real and so applauded him did.

I didn't say anything about " people like you". I referred to your (ie you personally) lazy and incorrect assumptions about people like me (you insist on twisting everything I say into proof of your fantasy construction.)
Marvelous - criticising you = proof of the incorrectness of the criticisms. How did you get like this?

I've just said very clearly the opposite. You really can't see beyond your own narrow prejudice
The people with intelligence but no education you talk about are now in your bubble - your bubble defines intelligence. Brand isn't in your bubble therefore he is neither intelligent nor erudite. You can no longer see society.

And this is what we call the backtrack - the bit when, what have become his, by now, everyday social assumptions are highlighted to him - the bit where it appears that they were made from purely the most perfect intentions and in fact were designed to show the opposite of what they actually said/portrayed/implied.

You don't even know you're doing it anymore.

You mean like the little bit of sexism he coughed up last week?

The people with intelligence but no education are now in your bubble - your bubble defines intelligence. Brand isn't in your bubble therefore he is neither intelligant nor erudite. You can no longer see.
What the fuck? If anyone is in a bubble it's Brand - the millionaire celeb!

What the fuck? If anyone is in a bubble it's Brand - the millionaire celeb!
Of course he's in a bubble - you missed the point, which was that you responded as if intelligence and erudition are things that only you and your own bubble can accredit and that having only a few gsces whilst not being in your bubble means nah not in the club.

Of course he's in a bubble - you missed the point, which was that you responded as if intelligence and erudition are things that only you and your own bubble can accredit and that having only a few gsces whilst not being in your bubble means nah not in the club.
People can be intelligent and erudite without formal qualifications, as I've already stated quite clearly if you could read without the prejudice.

Calm down.

A little bit of respect go's a long way.
Don't start throwing irish onto an english language board then turn the inevitable responses into an attack on the fucking irish. That's what disrespectful is. What bis the point of you being on this thread? What have you brought to it?

The people with intelligence but no education you talk about are now in your bubble - your bubble defines intelligence. Brand isn't in your bubble therefore he is neither intelligent nor erudite. You can no longer see society.

Pfft. Everyone knows there's no such thing as "society" in the neolibtastic Labour Party articul8 supports!

People can be intelligent and erudite without formal qualifications, as I've already stated quite clearly if you could read without the prejudice.
Do you really then think your handful of gcses jibe was helpful worthwhile or made any sort of sense?

And your explanation of why you did simply doesn't hold up either. You clearly linked erudition to academic achievement then in a following post to intelligence.

Don't start throwing irish onto an english language board then turn the inevitable responses into an attack on the fucking irish. That's what disrespectful is. What bis the point of you being on this thread? What have you brought to it?

How is using a wee bit of Irish disrespectful?.

Back
Top Bottom