Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jo Brand's "throw acid not milk" at politicians joke

Damn, I was just about to go and throw whatever it was over Farage, but forgot what substance was referred to in the ‘joke’. Now they’ve edited the episode I’ve no way of finding out what it was. Ah well, an anvil will have to do.

Says a man whose entire sense of humour consists of some borrowed one liners and endlessly repeating the same tired abuse of cyclists and vegans.
And I'm not trying to pretend I'm a comedian.
But at least I have a sense of humour, you utter bore.

Damn, I was just about to go and throw whatever it was over Farage, but forgot what substance was referred to in the ‘joke’. Now they’ve edited the episode I’ve no way of finding out what it was. Ah well, an anvil will have to do.

You do not throw anvils, you drop them from the top of the ACME Building. There should also be a piece of rope tied to the anvil that will accidentally get wrapped round your leg.

It's a shit joke and she's not really very funny but can't get at all excited about this. However, had it been Michael McIntyre suggesting the crucifixion of Jesus Corbyn, or the immolation of the erstwhile Saint Robert of Crow, the clattering of pitchforks from the U75 massive would be deafening! :D
Couldn't give a toss about the Corbyn one even though McIntyre is a cunt but BC i'd be furious about, wash your fucking mouth out

OP is obviously a twat.

Quite apart from that though, it's depressing to see how many free speech zombies are about here. You know, the sort who think any criticism of something someone's said must be a call for them to be prevented from saying it...

OP is obviously a twat.

Quite apart from that though, it's depressing to see how many free speech zombies are about here. You know, the sort who think any criticism of something someone's said must be a call for them to be prevented from saying it...

Yeah, whenever I say something people disagree with, the Prime Minister and the police get involved. :(

<shakes fist at zombies>

Men like the OP.

And Brand has fielded this shit since (before) her career began. She's always been shocking, she's always got up the noses of sexist bodyshaming types.

The thing that annoys them the most is her apparent immunity to it, that she can laugh off bodyshaming bollocks, and makes them impotent. That Gervais ‘joke’ would have been exactly the type of thing she’d have said for herself, but for others to say it is shitty.

FWIW I think acid attacks are a bit too fucking horrible to be used in humour, just seems a bit nasty, should have gone with pianos or something ridiculous like that. Not going to lose sleep over it, and those making a big deal of it for their own ends or playing the victim despite promoting their own murderous shite can fuck off.

The thing that annoys them the most is her apparent immunity to it, that she can laugh off bodyshaming bollocks, and makes them impotent. That Gervais ‘joke’ would have been exactly the type of thing she’d have said for herself, but for others to say it is shitty.

It doesn't seem much of a stretch to think Jo Brand and Ricky Gervais know each other. They also both have a history of laughing at their own weight issues and don't take many prisoners... <loses thread of sentence>

Or maybe I'm just a little uneasy about the stance of condemning Ricky Gervais making a 'fat' joke in reference to Jo Brand making an 'acid attack' joke which I've defended. :)

We should stop pretending that we can't tell the difference between jokes, metaphors and incitement.

Jo Brand, Sargon, Dankula, The airport bloke, none of them have done anything wrong. A joke is a joke, even if it's shit.

Of all of them I'd say Brand's is closest to the bone since people are throwing milkshake and acid with increasing regularity.

Would it be her responsibility if someone actually did that? of course not. Her punishment should be nothing more than the loss of some fans and social media outrage.

Back
Top Bottom