Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jo Brand's "throw acid not milk" at politicians joke

It was a very normal kind of Jo Brand joke:

"...and they are very very easy to hate. I am kind of thinking, why bother with a milkshake, when you could get some battery acid? That’s just me, sorry."

One thing that you'd think pretty obvious about her jokes is the self-deprecating package they come in, and how no sane person could consider them incitement to anything.
There was similar pearl-clutching when she began her career and talked a lot about cutting up men.
And if you were going to incite violence, would radio 4 be where you started?!

Well there was quite a bit of understated indignation when Nigel fell off a roof ... Yet somehow the country didn't decend into chaos.

I'd go with phosphorus grenades as they are spectacular. If you going to throw something at someone you don't like. Or a Molotov cocktail. Acid is just not really trying and has lot of negative conatations with it being the weapon of choice of sexists and moped thrives.
Would holy water have the same effect?;)

An ordinary grenade you got a very loud bang and a cloud of thin black smoke. Kind of disappointing.
I find myself agreeing with Jo Brand :mad:

Battery acid is not at all innocuous. Trust me on this. I've had acid burns and they are not fun. As much as I think there are politicians worthy of ridicule, and certainly of milkshaking I wouldn't advocate acid throwing at all.
Dunking would be more effective.

It was a very normal kind of Jo Brand joke:

"...and they are very very easy to hate. I am kind of thinking, why bother with a milkshake, when you could get some battery acid? That’s just me, sorry."

One thing that you'd think pretty obvious about her jokes is the self-deprecating package they come in, and how no sane person could consider them incitement to anything.
There was similar pearl-clutching when she began her career and talked a lot about cutting up men.

Especially men called Gavin. As far as I'm aware, no Gavins were ever harmed by her comedy.

the rest of what she said seems to have been forgotten...

"That's just me. I'm not going to do it, it's purely a fantasy, but I think milkshakes are pathetic, I honestly do, sorry."
Yeah, don't let facts get in the way of a good story :hmm:

I'm surprised the press haven't tried to link this to Labour yet, IIRC she is/was a member.

Back
Top Bottom