Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby World Cup 2023

Don't quite understand that - Australia's through too even though England beat them today?

Actually England beat France :facepalm:

Last edited:
Everyone's last game is a ranking game, Aussies will be playing whoever in their 8/9 position game. Ireland will be playing or France for 1st spot. England will play SA for 3/4th spot.

I had a look at the schedule today, to see if there were any days I wanted to book off work to watch games. Almost all of them are on in the evening or at weekends, which is good.

Looking forward to the Rugby Championship beginning today. A chance to see how the 4 big southern hemisphere teams are shaping up, particularly as all of the home nations play pool matches against them. Just three rounds of games this year as the tournament is truncated in World Cup year.

First up today is Eddie Jones’s Australia against South Africa high on the veldt in Pretoria. If they win at altitude against the world champions, then that’s a huge statement. The Springboks have already sent a lot of their squad over to New Zealand ahead of their next match so they will be a little below strength.

Later on it’s New Zealand travelling to the heart of Malbec country, Mendoza to take on Argentina. You’d think New Zealand should win this, but they’ve lost twice to Argentina recently, can the Pumas get a first home win against the All Blacks? If Argentina win I won’t fancy England's chance of beating them in the World Cup. New Zealand are trying out Damian McKenzie, on top form in super rugby, at fly half.

I think both games could be crackers :)

Well both Argentina and Australia were shit, so that's nice.

Actually, I thought NZ looked pretty fucking good, rather than just the Pumas being poor

Aus were shite though.

Well both Argentina and Australia were shit, so that's nice.

Actually, I thought NZ looked pretty fucking good, rather than just the Pumas being poor

Aus were shite though.
Yeah agree NZ were very good, 2015 like almost, the match up against SA will be great this weekend. I suspect they’ll have to deal with a far sterner defence.

Yeah agree NZ were very good, 2015 like almost, the match up against SA will be great this weekend. I suspect they’ll have to deal with a far sterner defence.
There a Schmidtian aspect to their play alright, playing Jodie at 12 is smart although I think he’s too big for 12 (but what do I know) Also they also look like side trying to squeeze their best players into a back line.

Yep, Canada :)

Well, it'll be a good day out. Canada rather folded in the last 10 against the Black Ferns at the weekend. The gap between England, NZ, France and then everyone else is pretty stark atm. Canada at No 4 are quite some way off.

Interesting to see if Ireland’s World Cup is over before it starts, Sexton could get banned for a few games tomorrow when the disciplinary result gets confirmed

Interesting to see if Ireland’s World Cup is over before it starts, Sexton could get banned for a few games tomorrow when the disciplinary result gets confirmed
I completely forgot about this, it’s definitely a worry. I’m expecting a long ban to take in the first few games of the RWC which will mean he’ll the pivotal Tonga game.

Although worrying, the six nations was a real stress test for us and I think in Byrne and Crowley we’ve two 10s who have something about them. I’d hope AF would plump for Crowley who with 3 months in camp will have a much understanding of systems and those around him.

I completely forgot about this, it’s definitely a worry. I’m expecting a long ban to take in the first few games of the RWC which will mean he’ll the pivotal Tonga game.

Although worrying, the six nations was a real stress test for us and I think in Byrne and Crowley we’ve two 10s who have something about them. I’d hope AF would plump for Crowley who with 3 months in camp will have a much understanding of systems and those around him.
Think I saw that a verdict won’t be available for a few days. In a way Sexton being shielded from the Romania and especially the Tonga game isn’t a bad thing, but going into the critical SA game in week 3 cold won’t be ideal.

Bit of a damp squib the second half of the U20 game between England and SA. Wet pitch and ball, plus both teams seemed to have dildo fingers

Looking forward to the final now, but surely if the pitch must be really cut up now

Bit of a damp squib the second half of the U20 game between England and SA. Wet pitch and ball, plus both teams seemed to have dildo fingers

Looking forward to the final now, but surely if the pitch must be really cut up now
My son is 12.

Must refrain from shouting "dildo fingers".

(he will play for England)

That French team deserved that win. Worst 40 minutes our kids have played on a season. Given the tragedy around the team this tournament they’ve done fantastic, the future is bright.

Last edited:
Look out for that face. That was him in a team that beat Saracens.

The lad is insane. Even his school PE teachers come to watch him play at the weekend. And they don't need to.

The first team senior coach gives him extra training. He's in WhatsApp with the first team captain and they swap notes.

The lad loves it. I just drive the car. Everything he does is all him. Very proud.

Look out for that face. That was him in a team that beat Saracens.

The lad is insane. Even his school PE teachers come to watch him play at the weekend. And they don't need to.

The first team senior coach gives him extra training. He's in WhatsApp with the first team captain and they swap notes.

The lad loves it. I just drive the car. Everything he does is all him. Very proud.

Fantastic stuff, good luck to him!

Back
Top Bottom