Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2023

anyone catch the TTT at Paris nice today? whilst I'm all for trying to make races more exciting I'm not sure the format added much. pleased that JV aren't in yellow.

I was looking forward to it but apart from Pog's sprint it was kinda meh.
I love the TTT discipline but all too often the routes are about brute force and I'd love to see them on more hilly and technical courses where teams would really have to think more.

Anyone one see Tirreno Adriatico today. Touching moment with Pidcock and Van Aert following a crash 3k out.
No changes with Roglic then, another very cool finish.

Anyone one see Tirreno Adriatico today. Touching moment with Pidcock and Van Aert following a crash 3k out.
No changes with Roglic then, another very cool finish.
Great sportsmanship at least. he knew he'd brought him down and at least piddcock wasn't an arse. not seen anything said post race so hopefully they'll just forget it and get on with it.

Tirrano has been trimmed, they were going to share how much and where but didn't 😔
It's a lumpy day, rough roads and weather has closed in.

Today's finish was trimmed by 2.5k. it was still an uphill finish, above the snow line. A great, sprint finish.

Cocky bow from Pog today winning Paris-Nice as expected. He raced in his own world. David Gaudu ought to be claiming some Grand Tour stages this year on the back of that performance.

Nokere Koerse, a tight technical course and cobbles on today if anyone wants to catch up later.
Of course! Love these midweek cobbled races. Crash havoc though, mostly featuring Victor Campanaerts!
So glad Hatch wasn't commentating or we'd just have Oh no no no no no no NO all day long. Refreshing to hear two women commentate on a men's race.

28k of finest pave. It's no Paris Roubaix but still great fun.
Won't see MSR on Saturday as going to theatre. 😓

28k of finest pave. It's no Paris Roubaix but still great fun.
Won't see MSR on Saturday as going to theatre. 😓
Not bad. My favourite crazy French race is Tro Bro Leon - no cobbles but instead they have these really narrow roads with loads of grass growing down the middle. Causes all kind of chaos.

Just for fun..who is going to win the most unpredictable of monuments?

I'm going to go with a sprinter (first time since Demare in 2016) and that sprinter is Fernando Gaviria.

MSR on. See you all in about 6 hours when something happens :D
Ha, I just looked in for curiosity sake and at least Eurosport/GCN had the sense to put Kirby and McEwen on. They employ an appropriate cadence for long races.
I honestly don't think I could bear those chumps Hatch and Blythe as I'll probably have this on audio quite a lot today til they hit those wee hills before the Cipressa.

Ha, I just looked in for curiosity sake and at least Eurosport/GCN had the sense to put Kirby and McEwen on. They employ an appropriate cadence for long races.
I honestly don't think I could bear those chumps Hatch and Blythe as I'll probably have this on audio quite a lot today til they hit those wee hills before the Cipressa.
Kirby is perfect for this race. He’s already been talking about trout poaching techniques :D

Just having a quick read....
"In 2004 Zabel could have won a fifth time, but lost to Óscar Freire only because he lifted his arms to celebrate and stopped pedalling too early" 😂

Back
Top Bottom