Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2023

What a brilliant Classics squad Jumbo have. Reminds me of peak Quickstep.
Can Van Aert expect sole leadership? II think that'd be a big mistake to let his ego have it; Van Baarle won Roubaix last year and was second in RVV and is a team player.

6 wins in 3 days for Jumbo.

Yeah but four of those were Vinegaard racing against Cofdis and the Movistar 3rd team in a 2.1 race.
Their start to the cobbles is incredible though.
Quickstep had a good weekend too (away from their usual stronghold of the cobbles where they sucked).

Last edited:
Great ride but he was chased by clowns especially the two Dumbo Visma riders.
they didn't seem to have a plan did they. perhaps world domination that was predicted after last weekend may take a little longer to materialise.

they didn't seem to have a plan did they. perhaps world domination that was predicted after last weekend may take a little longer to materialise.
At one point the gap was 9 seconds, if one of them had sacrificed themselves for the other they would have caught Pidcock easily, but then again Pidcock might well have gone on to win anyway

At one point the gap was 9 seconds, if one of them had sacrificed themselves for the other they would have caught Pidcock easily, but then again Pidcock might well have gone on to win anyway
or they would have pulled one of the others across. either way, cracking ride from piddcock.

He’d have won anyway. Just looked like one of those days where it was meant to be. A stunning ride.

He’d have won anyway. Just looked like one of those days where it was meant to be. A stunning ride.
You can never be sure of anything ie Rui Costa's face never saw any wind all day so was a real danger but yeah Pidcock looked like he had a bit in reserve for the final climb.
Anyway it was great to see Jumbo unravel and hopefully it's only going to get funnier when Van Aert comes back and imposes his massive ego and lack of tactical nous.

And, wow, just watched the highlights of the women's race. It had everything, including a horse!

Brilliant win from Pidcock, his descending to the fore again. The Donne version was different with the solo break being caught on the last climb by the SD works duo. Anyone see the Kristen Faulkner /Vollering beef , she rode across her forcing Vollering into the gutter.
Would love to visit Siena and cycle those Tuscan roads.

Brilliant win from Pidcock, his descending to the fore again. The Donne version was different with the solo break being caught on the last climb by the SD works duo. Anyone see the Kristen Faulkner /Vollering beef , she rode across her forcing Vollering into the gutter.
Maybe I've watched too much cross this winter but it was just closing the door albeit a bit naughty and pretty futile.
The Vollering/horse beef will stick in my memory longer.

likewise. the scenery was amazing.

anyone catch the TTT at Paris nice today? whilst I'm all for trying to make races more exciting I'm not sure the format added much. pleased that JV aren't in yellow.

Back
Top Bottom