Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2024

Olympic TTs tomorrow.
Hope Remco is not too tired from the Tour. Darling (GB) and Ganna (Italy) will be properly prepped.
The course is apparently quite flat, which will favour Ganna.

Anyway, 13:30 for the women's and 15:30 for the men's (UK time).

The course is apparently quite flat, which will favour Ganna.

Anyway, 13:30 for the women's and 15:30 for the men's (UK time).
Nah, Remco is the aero bullet. He's whooped Ganna on flat courses before.
Would love to see him double up on Saturday but if not I've a quid on Bettiol at 66/1.

Gutted for Tarling though.
He definitely would have got silver and might have edged gold but glad Remco won. He rode round France for three weeks while the Ineos guys had two months to prep for this one event (well Ganna also has his eye on the track).

He is only 20 too, whereas Remco is a veteran of 24. Ganna is a postively geriatric 28.
Ineos will give him some freedom when it comes to prepping for time trials like they did previously with Ganna. He'll be a formidable opponent for Remco in flat TTs but if you put a few hills in it then Remco would have the advantage.

Early-ish start tomorrow for the men's RR. Going to be weird with teams of only 1 to a maximum of four rider. And no race radio. Chris Horner described it as a crap shot and it's possible to see a scenario where any one of about 30 riders could win it if the main faves miss out on the decisive break. Money on Bettiol. heart on Remco.

I’m not Remco’s biggest fan, but fair play, that was an awesome ride.

He’s now been world champion, has won a GT, won a monument, and is Olympic champion in both road and TT. A pretty impressive all rounder.

He’s now been world champion, has won a GT, won a monument, and is Olympic champion in both road and TT. A pretty impressive all rounder.
Actually two time world champion (RR, TT) and two monuments (LBL x2) and now proper history :cool:
So glad Madouas held on for silver and Laporte on;y found out he won bronze when Madouas told him.

Actually two time world champion (RR, TT) and two monuments (LBL x2) and now proper history :cool:
So glad Madouas held on for silver and Laporte on;y found out he won bronze when Madouas told him.
Not having communicators must have made todays race quite confusing for the riders at times.

Not sure I get the slamming the phone down thing. Whose he been on the phone to? Lance Armstrong :D

Not having communicators must have made todays race quite confusing for the riders at times.
I think the sensible thing would be to have neutral race radio so they at least know the gaps.
The reduced bunch apparently didn’t know they were sprinting for bronze and Remco got in a needless stress as he thought he had 25 seconds instead of a minute and a half when he got his puncture.
I’m all for banning team car radio though.

No mention of La Vuelta yet which starts tomorrow 😱
With few of the usual suspects starting, it could make for a great, open race and paving the way for a lot of youngsters to shine.

No mention of La Vuelta yet which starts tomorrow 😱
With few of the usual suspects starting, it could make for a great, open race and paving the way for a lot of youngsters to shine.
I am looking forward to Adam Yates doing well and even if he doesn't love his interviews and guessing what the hell he is talking about.

I bloody love the Vuelta. The flattest stage in this years still has over 2000m of climbing :D
This years Vuelta route reminds me of the winners complaint when the TdeF first used the Tourmalet

"Assassins!” yelled stage winner Octave Lapize during the 10th stage of the 1910 Tour de France, featuring the dreaded Tourmalet. "Vous êtes des assassins! Oui, des assassins!" He accused the organisers of being murderers for the severity of the stage.⁠

Back
Top Bottom