Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2024

Profile for tomorrow seems ideal for a break. He can’t go for every mountain stage, can he? :hmm:
He can. He doesn't seem like someone who needs to save himself for Le Tour, he seems like someone who can just keep going, with ease. Has he even broken sweat yet?
Gianni Bugno's efforts continue to be spoken about.

He can. He doesn't seem like someone who needs to save himself for Le Tour, he seems like someone who can just keep going, with ease. Has he even broken sweat yet?
He is human though, and has cracked in week 3 before. Seems pretty clear he’s not going to at this Giro, but if he wants to win in France as well he needs to ride with at least some degree of energy conservation…

I can work out what's happening. Tune in to two channels showing the giro and you get mountain biking. Tune in to the only channel showing it and there is no commentary, only pictures of snow. There is now script showing start delayed due to bad weather 😪

Does he need to break sweat against a peloton comprising a past-it Thomas and a bunch of doms not good enough to make their team's TdF selection?

Looks like a great stage in Dolomites today, climbing from the office. Gee did not sound happy about yesterday and is sounding and looking good for today.

6 stage wins, won by 10 minutes. It’s pretty spectacular. And yeah, no Rog/Remco/Jonas like he’s going to face at the tour, but UAE were impressively strong considering that was essentially their “B” team supporting him.

6 stage wins, won by 10 minutes. It’s pretty spectacular. And yeah, no Rog/Remco/Jonas like he’s going to face at the tour, but UAE were impressively strong considering that was essentially their “B” team supporting him.
Found it a bit dull tbh. The Navaraez win on stage 1 started things well. By the middle we knew Pog was going to win.....but didn't we know that anyway 🤪

Found it a bit dull tbh. The Navaraez win on stage 1 started things well. By the middle we knew Pog was going to win.....but didn't we know that anyway 🤪
There’s so much more to GT racing though than simply the winner. What I love is all the other drama, stories and general intrigue that goes with a 3 week race. He won 6 stages, sure, but there’s the other 15 to enjoy as well. We’ve had amazing breakaway wins, some incredible sprints and everything else that goes with bike racing. It’s great.

There’s so much more to GT racing though than simply the winner. What I love is all the other drama, stories and general intrigue that goes with a 3 week race. He won 6 stages, sure, but there’s the other 15 to enjoy as well. We’ve had amazing breakaway wins, some incredible sprints and everything else that goes with bike racing. It’s great.
I was being a bit broad brush. Last stage with Milan chasing was thrilling finale.

I hadn't spotted Remco on the start list when I looked yesterday, but you're right. The only other GT winners I can see are Froome, Hindley and Tao.

Just seen a LIV Jayco team car with Dutch plates in Cardiff. Is there any event in South Wales they could be at?

First chance to watch the Dauphine today and it's not a good one. The race has been neutralised due to a big crash. Evenepoel and Roglic both down

The crash did not look especially bad, just riders losing control on wet roads. One or two gone to hospital. There will be a neutral ride to the finish. Evenepoel and Roglic appear ok.
Wonder what will happen to Le Berre who was leading the KOM and picked up many more points today before the crash.

Remco not looking too hot, yesterday or today. Pog and Rog may wish to strike early in the Tour to eliminate him from the GC, in case he rides into form.

Jorgenson looks very impressive though, for a man his size.

I finally got round to watching the last stage of the Dauphiné last night. Rog certainly rode that close.

Remco seems happy with himself, although his odds for the GC at the Tour are very long. It basically reads as if Pog will walk it, unless a halfway fit Jonas turns up.

Back
Top Bottom