Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2024

Paris-Nice was good, and I'm glad of the result.

Shame we have to wait for the Dauphiné for the next cycling on ITV4. I think, as in previous years, Quest will have Giro highlights, although I've never got the hang of their catch-up service.

A great win this afternoon in Milano Torino.
I do like it when Bettiol is on a good day. Must watch that later.
Merlier's sprint thermonuclear attack in Danlith Nokere Koerse is also well worth a watch. Just fast forward to the last 1.5 km.

Last edited:
@12k the first of 10 chasers went down on the cobbles. There was nothing the rest of the group could do. Skittles.

MSR. The greatest finish of any race. With the dullest start. But you can’t have one without the other.

I love it, and am settled in to watch the entire thing live. The commentators really earn their money for this one :D

MSR. The greatest finish of any race. With the dullest start. But you can’t have one without the other.

I love it, and am settled in to watch the entire thing live. The commentators really earn their money for this one :D
I like listening to Kirby and Lloyd filling airtime. They do a lovely job. Sadly that means that fuckwit Hatch will be calling the finale. It's time to pick a random language and listen to that feed.

As always, the greatest heart-rate raiser of the year! If only the race was 400m shorter, Pidcock might have done it :(
MvdP was the star for me. Chasing down one attack would have been impressive, but to chase down 4 (with 270 km in his legs :eek: ), putting aside his own ambitions for those of his team mate whilst doing so? Absolute class.

What was clear though is that given the right team support - which he didn’t quite have on Saturday for various reasons - Pog is capable of winning MSR.

The big question then, could he win Roubaix and be on target to win all 5? :hmm:

Tactical win by Nick Schultz at Volta a Catalunya. That region has some of the best cycling roads in Europe. It's always a joy to watch, jealous.....

Tactical win by Nick Schultz at Volta a Catalunya. That region has some of the best cycling roads in Europe. It's always a joy to watch, jealous.....
That's why a lot live and train around Calpe but I prefer the Basque Country races and scenery.
Anyway another one-sided contest between MvdP and Van Aert in the big race of the day. RVV could be a mere procession this year if Visma put all their eggs in the Van Aert basket.

That's why a lot live and train around Calpe but I prefer the Basque Country races and scenery.
Anyway another one-sided contest between MvdP and Van Aert in the big race of the day. RVV could be a mere procession this year if Visma put all their eggs in the Van Aert basket.
Sure to be a great race, stacked field , Jasper Stuyven not looking in bad shape just now but yeah those 2 are the favourites.

Good work from Lidl-Trek forcing MvdP to keep chasing. He must have been absolutely knackered by the end.
All set up for a nice RVV this weekend. Visma could employ the same tactic with van Baarle and Jorgensen.
Hoping someone like Bettiol or especially Lazkano can keep up and spring a surprise.
I've given up on SlowStep in the classics.

Big huge high speed crash today; van Aert, Mads Pedersen, Struyven and Girmay all out of RVV this weekend. Plus Bettiol cramped up badly while in the lead so it looks like a MvdP procession on Sunday.
Still getting up for 8.45am though!

His team did so well too. When the peloton split they brought it back and then when Mads attacked Gianni Vermeersch actually began riding with him so all the other teams had to work to bring them back leaving MvdP fresh to explode up the Kwaremont.
As you say it was kind of inevitable but still quite a decent edition of the grandest tour.
I wonder how many more RVVs he will win?

Anyone watching tour of Basque Country? Roglic had a bad one yesterday. To add to this, there is a concrete ditch just after a downhill descent which he has ended up in. Vinegegaard also had a bad one a same bend. He is attended by medics and not moving. 🙄😓
Evenepoel looks like he has done his collar bone.
Unbelievable unprotected concrete ditch.
Medics treating 3 separate riders who are still down.

Back
Top Bottom