Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

I have been but via Nairobi, so possibly not. It is also a country I wouldn't want to live in due to the authoritarian government and massive Chinese investment. That said I really enjoyed my time there and found it better organised and having better infrastructure than Unganda which I also went to. Suffice to say that Rwanda is being used in an intimidatory way.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice
Rwanda isn't exactly known for its good human rights. It isn't exactly known for looking after deportees, look at what happened to the Israeli's, which is why so many people from all walks of life are scandalised by it.
NB I note Denmark has similar plans afoot 😮

Apparently it was due to be 132 and for whatever reasons it's now only 8.
Individual appeals on the grounds of experience of human trafficking, torture and trauma; just shows how little regard those 'in charge' have for the those condemned to the consequences of the headline grabbing initiatives. There must be a word for this behaviour.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Which airline is allowing their planes to be used for this?
Massive boycotts should be taking place against them and opposition MP's should be asking about the costs especially if only 8 people on a 737/747 are being deported to Rwanda.

Massive boycotts should be taking place against them and opposition MP's should be asking about the costs especially if only 8 people on a 737/747 are being deported to Rwanda.
See above....private charter or forces, probably.

From today's guardian
" Activists believe that the flight could take off from either Stansted airport or RAF Lyneham. A Spanish airline has reportedly agreed to undertake the deportation flight on behalf of the Home Office.".
Is someone who works for HM customs who helps with deportations worse than a Tory?

According to that article there are only expected to 8 deportees on it, is it a dedicated flight or a scheduled one?
it's a charter. so god knows how much the home office are spending per seat on this.

Guardian mentions it's a Spanish airline but doesn't name which.
Activists believe that the flight could take off from either Stansted airport or RAF Lyneham. A Spanish airline has reportedly agreed to undertake the deportation flight on behalf of the Home Office.

See above....private charter or forces, probably.

Freedom from Torture are saying Privilege Style, who've now set their twitter account to private.

Freedom from Torture on twitter re Rwanda flights

Petition to airlines not to send refugess to Rwanda:
https://secure.freedomfromtorture.org/page/107146/action/1

Change petition (to government, for what it's worth):
Sign the Petition

They got a jet parked up in Manchester tonight. A dinky 757. Looks to be a chapter fir holibobs tho
Sky have a picture of whay they claim is a 767 on an MOD runway in Wiltshire (which would be Lyneham) waiting. Apparently also 1 and possibly 2 of the 4 appeals being heard have failed.

Truss says there were 130+ originally booked but that got whittled down to 7 or 8. I suspect there will be at least 5, 3 or 4 don't seem to have (or be able to) made an appeal and 1 guy has definitely been told he's going by a judge.
Those that have been pulled haven't been given asylum they've been given the chance to jump through some more hoops to avoid being sent. Some will succeed and some will be on later flights.
It sets a trend which is what they want. The protests against the second one will be less intense and more significantly less reported. The third even more so and so on. The Daily Fail is worth a read at the moment, it's alternating between frothing with rage at the thought of the flight being stopped whilst chuckling with glee at the thought of it happening. According the Daily Fail poll 44% support the policy and 40% oppose it, which makes me wonder about the other 16%, I would definitely have thought this isn't the sort of thing where people can't be arsed either way.

Note there's a thread on this -

It sets a trend which is what they want. The protests against the second one will be less intense and more significantly less reported. The third even more so and so on.

That definitely isn't what they want. This is them trying to ramp up more culture war stuff - they're not trying to quietly get on with it, there'd be no point.

That definitely isn't what they want. This is them trying to ramp up more culture war stuff - they're not trying to quietly get on with it, there'd be no point.
Liked, but it should be taken into account that they're not necessarily very bright and they may well not be thinking ahead more than a few days.

they are trying to claw back support the local elections by being the party that hard on immigration

rather than the party with a prick who let people grannies die alone

like the north Ireland protocol ballocks project save the cock womble

From the Been today, it's just so shit

"One man who is due to be on Tuesday's flight told the BBC he would "prefer to die" than be sent to Rwanda.
Speaking through an interpreter before he lost his appeal, the 25-year-old Iranian-Kurd said he had been kidnapped and abused by human traffickers on his way to the UK.
He said he had been told that Rwanda did not have a good record of human rights and that he had "expected more from the UK".
"Since I learned that I am among those to be deported to Rwanda, I hardly can communicate and eat. I'm restless. I prefer to die, not to be transferred there; it's shocking," he said."

There is a substantial proportion of this country's population who want a harsh line taken on 'illegal' immigration. There is also a substantial (though I suspect smaller) proportion who want a more welcoming line taken. The first group is however much more likely to vote Tory than the second.
Come 2024 Boris (or someone else if they've buried the fucker in the garden of No 10 by then) and say "Look at our record, strong action by this Govt has deported 10,000 illegal migrants to Rwanda discouraging loads more from crossing the Channel"
They're going to look stupid if all they can say is "We spent £50m and all we did was send 2 dozen for a brief holiday in sunny Rwanda"
They will try and make this work (by their definition) Ax^ is spot on this is appealing to a certain type of voter who is willing to accept other stuff if the Govt does this.

Back
Top Bottom