Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Hunt Chancellor/Next PM , your time is up.

I got called three times to donate on Monday, next appointment isn’t until March.

You're in the westcountry too aren't you? Yeah it's ridiculous how few appointments there are. I think I booked one for December but it's a train ride away :hmm:

Interesting graph from the IFS illustrating that households will be 31% poorer in 2027 than they would have been if living standards growth had not stalled/fallen after 2008:

1668703504965.png

You're in the westcountry too aren't you? Yeah it's ridiculous how few appointments there are. I think I booked one for December but it's a train ride away :hmm:
Yep, I tried for both work in Exeter and local to me where the nearest one is NA racecourse. Nothing at times / dates I can make.

I can easily imagine Gordon Brown having delivered this Autumn Statement. 🤷

Yes I can see what you are getting at there. I could imagine it, but only if I exclude the couple of bits where Hunt tried to throw the Thatcherites a bone by mentioning Nigel Lawson’s Big Bang explicitly.

I liked the bit (kept iirc from kwarteng's pile of shit) where people working part time and claiming UC are going to be "supported" to work more hours or get a second job. Workhouses next ffs?

Words fail me.

Oh no, here's two that spring to mind: FUCK OFF :thumbs: :mad:

I cant wait to find out what they conclude as a result of looking into the following. If the real answers discredit their 'learning to live with Covid' bullshit then they'll have to come up with an imaginative excuse:

…but also concerned that we have seen a sharp increase in economically inactive working age adults of 630,000 since the start of the pandemic.

Employment levels have yet to return to pre-pandemic levels which is bad for businesses who cannot fill vacancies and bad for people missing out on the opportunity to do well for themselves and their families.

So the PM has asked the Work and Pensions Secretary to thoroughly review issues holding back workforce participation due to conclude early in the new year.

Quote is from todays statement ( The Autumn Statement 2022 speech )

Also:

I have also decided to move back the managed transition of people from Employment and Support Allowance onto Universal Credit to 2028

What was the previous target date for this?

As usual kids faces say it all

FhzKkvBWYAAdcq-

There's a lot of woes and groaning about the last budget but whoever was chancellor the post pandemic financial situation was never going to be good even before energy prices add the the woe.

Kwartang/truss idea was I presume a plan to stimulate the economy enough it it would mask this, but the markets thought it wouldn't.

Post pandemic austerity was always on the cards, but who takes on the burden of paying it back is debatable.

One area under debated in this context is the untouchable triple locks pension.....

There's a lot of woes and groaning about the last budget but whoever was chancellor the post pandemic financial situation was never going to be good even before energy prices add the the woe.

Kwartang/truss idea was I presume a plan to stimulate the economy enough it it would mask this, but the markets thought it wouldn't.

Post pandemic austerity was always on the cards, but who takes on the burden of paying it back is debatable.

One area under debated in this context is the untouchable triple locks pension.....
i think you'll find it's been widely discussed

I was just recalling Theresa Mays offer in 2017, proper miserable scraps of nothing. Sell your house to pay for your dads care etc. They've all been gagging to carry on with austerity since then just itching to get in and make some 'difficult decisions'. Sir dickhead and rachel reeves are well up for pretending theres a black hole in the finances too.
the untouchable triple locks pension
seemingly not as untouchable as the idea of taxing unearned income

Seemingly not as untouchable as the idea of taxing unearned income
Is that including taxing asset wealth from property inflation? Effectively the "sell your home to pay for care" is an indirect tax on unearned income in the end.

If there was any moment to revisit the triple lock it is this budget. The problem is the burden of payback of the pandemic fall on the younger working generations.
There also the area of those paid furlough money who then got second jobs, should they be taxed more?

I'd hit the roof if I found out Jeremy Hunt had been in my child's classroom. We don't send our children to school to act as props for photo ops.
I have nothing but profound disrespect for any headteacher that facilitates this sort of photo-opping. I presume they must have sought parental permission before going ahead. If not, a case for the lawyers, I'd have thought.

Last edited:
My mate Michael at school was in York hospital when Michael Foot came to visit. He was on the front page of the York newspaper. I wonder if he still remembers it as fondly as I do.

I have nothing but profound disrespect for any headteacher that facilities this sort of photo-opping. I presume they must have sought parental permission before going ahead. If not, a case for the lawyers, I'd have thought.
Yes, it's not as if they get anything of benefit from it - and the kids aren't actually going to be granted a censor free Q&A session - so surely the response to 'Jeremy Hunt/BJ/some other politician would like to visit your school, with press and security teams' is 'No thank you, we are busy teaching that day'.

Yes, it's not as if they get anything of benefit from it - and the kids aren't actually going to be granted a censor free Q&A session - so surely the response to 'Jeremy Hunt/BJ/some other politician would like to visit your school, with press and security teams' is 'No thank you, we are busy teaching that day'.
You would think heads wouldn't want to offer photo ops to the guy who cuts their budgets.
But on the other hand, he is a celebrity visitor off the telebox so that will surely have them fawning over him😏

It was with tears streaming down his cheeks that he announced the massive drop in the working class standard of living and huge tax rises that means frozen poverty for us. Thank God he is very wealthy and wont suffer in any way through all this ( again ). :mad:

Far more inclined to think it'll be fuel duty that does for him...assuming both were blue sky testing the water ...the balance sheet effect of 23% increase he has now ruled out has got to hit him harder than a foreign policy decision , what with him being chancellor

Back
Top Bottom