Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Hunt Chancellor/Next PM , your time is up.

It does not bring him into direct conflict with Truss on that matter. The following was part of her opening remarks at yesterdays press conference:

(from PM press conference opening remarks: 14 October 2022 )
Have a quick Google for 'Truss on public spending'; if a journalist can't find enough in there within seconds, to drive a wedge between number 10 and number 11, then they should really be in another line of work.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Have a quick Google for 'Truss on public spending'; if a journalist can't find enough in there within seconds, to drive a wedge between number 10 and number 11, then they should really be in another line of work.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

They probably dont need to bother with that wedge given that Truss is doomed in so many other ways.

And since when did previous public comments from a politician prove to be a reliable guide as to their actual current thinking? They are on a desperate mission to stabilise the markets at the moment and it is entirely unsurprising that a mix of new chancellor, axing previously announced tax cuts and indicating that there will be additional cuts to spending are the main ways for them to attempt that. If a real gap between Hunt and Truss emerged on this it would most likely come later, and would involve detail of where to make the cuts, not over the need to signal that the cuts would be made.

In 2010, a crap MP was made a minister by a pig-fucking PM to use skills he didn't have. This man promptly fucked up not only that role but the NHS and foreign office before escaping to the backbenches. Today, he's wanted by the government once again as a soldier of misfortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him ... maybe you can hire Jeremy Hunt to make another ungodly mess of things.

Fucking over the NHS was completely deliberate. Lest anyone forget:

It looks like the new Chancellor will have to deal with higher interest rates according the BoE

More than a pig's head at a Bullingdon club do
That was a grotesque, but very clever story, by a cunt in service of even worse cunts. I wish it would die.

Is it true? Maybe. Could it be true? Sure. But the damage that was done - I'd say deliberately - to his authority (which I agree he wasn't fit to hold in the first place), and every hell that has followed from that from then on, has not been worth it for a cheap laugh, not for the UK. The vulgarity of Isabel Oakeshott shouldn't still be indulged. It was barely funny then, it's not vaguely funny now.

Didn't really know where to post this, but i think it represents a good use of the resources of organised labour FWIW. I'm probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to using jargon around neoliberalism, but some really good, straightforward numbers like this lays bare the theft inherent in the class war that our class is losing.

"The left' should be using easily understood data like that to start on the educate bit of educate, organise, agitate.

1665851538894.png

How the cunt looked when he was a student.

FfH9dd5XkAEwZVR

Jeremy Hunt always looks like he's being played by a comedian trying a bit too hard to look like a wacky politician in a satirical sitcom.
The picture editors are always hunting for those images among the straight faced ones, though tbf he gives them plenty of opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom