Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Hunt Chancellor/Next PM , your time is up.

Starmer often gets accused, usually in a derogatory manner, of being boring and dull. I heard Hunt on the radio the other day, and noticed he has a very drab, monotonic voice too, but doesn't get the same labels attached.

He’s happily talking up the risk of a recession if inflation doesn’t go down.

Though personally speaking it feels like there’s been a recession on for years already, whether or not some bloke in a suit says there is

He’s happily talking up the risk of a recession if inflation doesn’t go down.

Though personally speaking it feels like there’s been a recession on for years already, whether or not some bloke in a suit says there is
But that's the underlying economic theory if you want to tackle inflation cause a recession...more concerned about keeping your job you are the less likely you are to borrow and spend or even ask for a pay rise....If you want to live somewhere that would do it differently ...move to Turkey

I will admit to not particularly understanding economic theory as it has little relevance to me - whatever the economic conditions are it seems ordinary people get screwed over

I will admit to not particularly understanding economic theory as it has little relevance to me - whatever the economic conditions are it seems ordinary people get screwed over
They get screwed either way but the ones on fixed income as inflation bites are less able to do much about it.

Phillip curve . Is what they are doing here, the States, the EU..

It's the price gouging by big business that is the main cause of inflation but i can't imagine for 5 minutes that Hunt will do anything about it.

It's the price gouging by big business that is the main cause of inflation but i can't imagine for 5 minutes that Hunt will do anything about it.
Yes and no. Tackling that is basically rugby tackling the pension industry. As an approach Sir Humphrey would tell you Brave approach...which is nice coz he's about the only one left on final fucking salary.
And its like trickle down hasn't happened....it ended up in house prices....

Yes and no. Tackling that is basically rugby tackling the pension industry. As an approach Sir Humphrey would tell you Brave approach..
That’s certainly the sort of reductive take that fincap’s tame politicians would promote. Of course, before asset management starting mopping up privatised monopolies for price gouging (theft), the “pension industry” had plenty of other asset classes, that still exist,in which to stash their vast funds.

Keen to cut inheritance tax in next weeks statement, this is clearly a massive priority for the nation

“For the dead, not the living”

Multi-millionaire chancellor and his billionaire PM want to cut inheritance tax? Selflessly serving the nation as always.

fwiw the clever money is on Hunt standing down at the next election.

His weekly constituency email has this gem in it yesterday:

The Prime Minister is utterly determined to resolve this so has announced there will be both a new international treaty with Rwanda and emergency legislation to accompany it. Between them these two measures should mean we can finally overcome the legal hurdles that stop the removal of people who have arrived here illegally.

Have emailed him to ask how a refugee from any of Africa's conflict zones who has family already in the UK can arrive here legally. Won't hold my breath on that one.

Multi-millionaire chancellor and his billionaire PM want to cut inheritance tax? Selflessly serving the nation as always.

fwiw the clever money is on Hunt standing down at the next election.
Needs to get stuff that will benefit him personally in before then eh?

Cunt. 500 million in 5 years! They spunked that on shite PPE everyday.
I can't see it happening.. ?
How woudl this work? Would we have to give permission? Can they just do it without consent? What about paypal payments? I actually use that for a lot of payments and so they won't know what it's going on. Can they then demand Paypal tell them? Fuck all of this

Lets check MP bank accounts every month to see whether they're lying about their expenses. They've got a fuck of a lot more money than claimants, comparatively it happens a lot more frequently than people misclaiming from the DWP and they are supposed to be accountable to us.

Back
Top Bottom