Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

It doesn't feature him, but the Commons meeting about Johnson's dealings with Lebedev was quite something. Blood was clearly in the water with the sharks circling Vicky Ford who had absolutely nothing in the way of rebuttals to his nakedly self-serving behaviour.

The idea of him as a caretaker PM, or even just a fucking caretaker of a small privet hedge, should be laughed out of Whitehall.

The nation needs more prophets as a means of wealth redistribution - the bookies and lottery tickets would become even more popular if we had the odd prophet knocking aboot offering the results

Common sense is vastly overrated, it actually means & explains nothing.

You think he’s trying to stay cos that’s less embarrassing, and cos he wants to beat May. Neither are logical sorry.

They are not just my 'shitty reckons', it's a common sense understanding of the situation, and funny enough what most expert pundits are also saying.

Just like when I posted yesterday morning that I thought things had shifted enough for him to resign before facing another VoNC, no one on here seemed to agree, yet various pundits started to say exactly the same thing, and it came to pass. 🤷‍♂️
Probably due to Johnson having followed this thread from the very beginning.

Common sense, noun: Whatever baseless opinion a mediocre middle-aged man has shat out today.

Very funny. :D

However -

COMMON SENSE is sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

Something you seem to lack,

'planned' is, I think, taking it a bit far, but I think anyone who believes he will slip off quietly and with good grace is sprinkling Crack on their cornflakes.

I don't doubt he'll try something to enable him to stay on, but what it will be and how successful, and to what degree it breaks the rules/conventions, is something for the future...

'planned' is, I think, taking it a bit far, but I think anyone who believes he will slip off quietly and with good grace is sprinkling Crack on their cornflakes.

I don't doubt he'll try something to enable him to stay on, but what it will be and how successful, and to what degree it breaks the rules/conventions, is something for the future...
He's holding out for January 6

It's not unreasonable for someone who has always managed to charm and cheat and fail upwards to assume that he'll somehow do it again.

It's not like that wasn't aligned with reality for a long time, no wonder he's struggling to adjust.

Whoosh?

My point was about language used, not Russian economic policy. Russia are able to say this now because the need for diplomatic language has been disregarded due to war. Call me old fashioned but I believe my class, where I come from, are always at war (and always losing). So fuck the reformists and their poncing around with careful words, attack the enemy with visceral hatred. People might be surprised how popular this can be.
They're literally from the same class? It's just faux populism, he's saying it cos gotta keep the war fervour up

Yep. definitely not Common Sense or logic that's motivating her to shout wait and see is it.

It's not that they'll succeed obvs but I think there's something here worth thinking about, the idea that he must be staying on cos of some completely ordinary and rational motivation (its less embarrassing / for cash / to beat May) seems kind of a dangerous level of faith and naivety, nurtured by a system that relies on norms and conventions cos who would ever dare break a norm until they do.

Last edited:
They're literally from the same class? It's just faux populism, he's saying it cos gotta keep the war fervour up
The equivalent would be saying something like, idk, Russia should go away and shut up as Gavin Williamson once said. Feel like war mongering politicians whipping up a nationalist hatred isn't really something that should be encouraged honestly

It's not unreasonable for someone who has always managed to charm and cheat and fail upwards to assume that he'll somehow do it again.

It's not like that wasn't aligned with reality for a long time, no wonder he's struggling to adjust.

He was a member of the Bullingdon Club so is used to not following rules others have to and getting his own way. He’s probably savvy enough though to realise that performing unconstitutional manoeuvres could affect his longer term aspirations.

He's playing for time, whatever else he may be, he is the consummate survivor. He knows barring the door of No 10 and shouting "Go Away" won't work so he's playing for time. By quitting as leader of the Tory Party he has pulled the teeth of the 1922 committee. By not resigning as PM he has bought himself some time to figure something out. He doesn't know what yet, he has no master plan other than to buy some time whilst he thinks of something.
He probably won't. Like Trump he is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is but that won't stop him trying.

He was a member of the Bullingdon Club so is used to not following rules others have to and getting his own way. He’s probably savvy enough though to realise that performing unconstitutional manoeuvres could affect his longer term aspirations.
Like when he prorogued Parliament and immediately lost the next election?

I'm not saying he'll absolutely try, but he's absolutely thinking about somehow charming them into staying. It's always worked before. He's entitled to it, in his own mind.

having made the mistake of reading Dan Wootton's take on this in today's Mail, they are clearly going to try something to prevent this illegal coup against the man millions of hard-working Britons gave their votes to

Back
Top Bottom