Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

Have to say it's cute, or stupid, to believe Johnson is doing any of this for money. You don't become PM for the money. You do it for the same reasons you get sent to Eton. For the contacts and opportunities that brings. As well as for the fantastical ego boost being leader of the country brings. He'll now be concentrating on the former, while bitterly hanging on to the latter.
I'd do it for the money TBF.

The problem is the word 'entitled', PM's aren't entitled to do anything, they are PM because parliament says they are PM, and they stop being PM the moment parliament says they stop being PM.

Truth is any MP could stand up in parliament tomorrow and say 'i'd like to form a government, who will support me?' and if 326 of them put their hands up then he/she becomes PM later that day.

The current faff is simply because Tory MP's are allowing him to lie in state, rather than burying the bastard in quicklime with a stake through the heart. That, sadly, is a hangover from the 'a gentleman will know to do the right thing' attitude would would have imagined him departing over the weekend in favour of a caretaker PM, but that's not Johnson, so it's possible they will take umbrage at the stench of his decaying corpse and throw him in the ground - or, of course, not...

Yes. Why is he doing his utmost to insist on squatting in there for a few more weeks then?

It's normal for a PM to stay in place whilst a replacement is sorted, see May, Cameron, etc.

If you think he can stay on after a new leader is elected, perhaps you can explain how?

The problem is the word 'entitled', PM's aren't entitled to do anything, they are PM because parliament says they are PM, and they stop being PM the moment parliament says they stop being PM.

Truth is any MP could stand up in parliament tomorrow and say 'i'd like to form a government, who will support me?' and if 326 of them put their hands up then he/she becomes PM later that day.

The current faff is simply because Tory MP's are allowing him to lie in state, rather than burying the bastard in quicklime with a stake through the heart. That, sadly, is a hangover from the 'a gentleman will know to do the right thing' attitude would would have imagined him departing over the weekend in favour of a caretaker PM, but that's not Johnson, so it's possible they will take umbrage at the stench of his decaying corpse and throw him in the ground - or, of course, not...
You know where the keys to the self propelled guns are. Just saying...

It's normal for a PM to stay in place whilst a replacement is sorted, see May, Cameron, etc.

If you think he can stay on after a new leader is elected, perhaps you can explain how?
I don’t think he can. You think he’s doing it because it’s the norm then, and he feels duty bound therefore to continue?
Look at the state of it though, they don’t want him.

Yeah even the likes of Johnson probably dont think its credible to setup a new political party and then get so many tory MPs to defect to the new party that they have a majority.

Have to say it's cute, or stupid, to believe Johnson is doing any of this for money. You don't become PM for the money. You do it for the same reasons you get sent to Eton. For the contacts and opportunities that brings. As well as for the fantastical ego boost being leader of the country brings. He'll now be concentrating on the former, while bitterly hanging on to the latter.

Totally right. I disagreed with someone upthread about this, but I'm surprised at how many people here have since chimed in on a similar note. Absolute naive nonsense to think he'd stay a moment longer than necessary for that reason, when he could presumably be in several directorships at once each earning him seven figures, all involving a fraction of the work and none of the tedious hassle of public, parliamentary and media scrutiny. Yes, it might take a little while to get them set up properly, but do people really think he doesn't have mates who'd lend him enough to keep himself and Carrie in the manner to which they're accustomed for a month or two till that all falls into place?

I don’t think he can. You think he’s doing it because it’s the norm then, and he feels duty bound therefore to continue?
Look at the state of it though, they don’t want him .

Two things, one he wants to be PM longer then May, and two, it's embarrassing enough to have to resign, but would be even more embarrassing to be forced out straight away, which hopefully he will be.

He's certainly isn't doing it because he thinks he can hang on somehow.

I’m not at all suggesting he might actually manage to continue long term, just think it’s an interesting thing that he’s trying so hard to not just bugger off now. I think it’s a mad throw of the dice not a thing about upholding norms or a few grand.

The ‘longer than May’ thing also makes no sense imo, he surely doesn’t see her as a person remotely worth comparing his great self with.

The assumption is always Boris is special and deserves to be PM and in the history books, if nothing else being PM till conference stops him being known only for being shortest reigning conservative PM. I’d assume given Boris film flam and sense of entitlement he’s going to bull through.

I posted this elsewhere but honestly it’s a good idea of how Boris goes through life. A wrecking ball of “I deserve this because I’m me”

View attachment 331081

He’s always wanted to be Churchill and be the come the hour come the man outsider he’s just never done the work but he’s bluffed anyway.
He's always been Churchill. The Churchill of 1915. The Churchill of dieppe. The Churchill of the bengal famine.

I think he wants to stay because he feels he deserves to be the prime minister, and ride around in the special car and so on. It’s power not money
oh yeah he absolutely loves it, has always coveted the job, and it will sting that he'll go down in history as that twat that got kicked out en masse by his own MPs. He wants to be read about in the history books on a par with Caesar. The fact he won on that massive majority will have made him feel like it was all coming true, a long run in post in the offing, and there might even be a statue one day.... haha

(as Artaxerxes has said - sorry not keeping up with threads)

oh yeah he absolutely loves it, has always coveted the job, and it will sting that he'll go down in history as that twat that got kicked out en masse by his own MPs. He wants to be read about in the history books on a par with Caesar. The fact he won on that massive majority will have made him feel like it was all coming true, a long run in post in the offing, and there might even be a statue one day.... haha
We all want him to be written about like caesar, specifically the events of 15.3.44bce

"He doesn't like us and we don't like him."

Spokesperson for Putin, apparently.

No surprise there, and I'm definitely not speaking up for the Russian state, but I sometimes can't help but wonder things might go better for Left parties if they spoke with a bit more visceral hate like this rather than purist ideology.

Visceral hate should be where it's at.

Isn’t the point being made that he things he can stay on. No-one else thinks that ffs!

Of course he doesn't think he can stay on, he knows it's over, I have no idea why some seem to think that's what he's thinking, very weird.

He’s basically playing it as a hard luck story with everyone turning on him rather than admitting culpability. I don’t know the reason for that but there will be one that isn’t as simplistic as ‘ego’.

No you’re the weird one. Thinking he’s doing it out of what, duty? To ‘beat May’ cos he thinks she’s a worthy comparison ? You seem nice enough but quite unimaginative.

FFS, I've explained why he's trying to stay in place.

He knows it's over, he knows there's no way back, these are basic facts.

No you’re the weird one. Thinking he’s doing it out of what, duty? To ‘beat May’ cos he thinks she’s a worthy comparison ? You seem nice enough but quite unimaginative.
I’m adjusting to the fact that I’m cute/stupid/weird. Waiting for my pat on the head from the big boys.

Back
Top Bottom