Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

The media are focussing on a lack of tweets of support from senior tories, and of the coming 1922 committee election which will put in people who theoretically have the power to change the rules in regards when a vote of no confidence in Johnson can next take place.

Oh and creatures of the night such as Michael Howard rising from their crypt to say that Johnson should go.

How long until some ‘Change UK‘ type split occurs, where the few remaining ‘moderate’ Tories not purged in 2019 walk off to do their own thing? I hope Johnson hangs on long enough for this to happen.

How long until some ‘Change UK‘ type split occurs, where the few remaining ‘moderate’ Tories not purged in 2019 walk off to do their own thing? I hope Johnson hangs on long enough for this to happen.
Lack of support for Johnson is broad enough within the parliamentary party that desperation fringe splits are probably not part of the coming landscape.

Lack of support for Johnson is broad enough within the parliamentary party that desperation fringe splits are probably not part of the coming landscape.
This. In terms of internal opposition to serving prime ministers, there's usually been an ideological element in play (as opposed to the 'you're shit and have just lost us an election' opposition they get post defeat). Now we are largely at 'let's elect a dishonest lazy populist, what could possibly go wrong? Oh'.

In bucket of cold water mode: astonishingly, Labour's lead's are slightly less than they were mid/late January:
Well done 'Interesting Kieth'!

According to the Telegraph, there's more infighting in the party. :D

Boris Johnson’s whips plotting to block attempt to change 1922 Committee rules​

Boris Johnson’s allies are plotting to thwart a new leadership challenge, The Telegraph can reveal, by attempting to block a change in party rules.

Tory whips are already planning how to get pro-Johnson MPs onto the 1922 Committee executive when its elections are held, expected next month.

A Conservative whip told The Telegraph they are planning to quietly sound out pro-Johnson candidates to run for the positions, in a move to better protect him from a rule change.

One senior 1922 source said: “Given the confidence vote and everything that has gone on it would be very risky to start interfering in the process. They would be very foolish to interfere in the backbench processes.”

A second 1922 source said it would be “unwise” for the whips to push a slate of loyalists as they would soon be branded “stooges”, adding: “Backbenchers don’t like stooge candidates.”

Attempts to counter any interference are already underway. A Tory who wants Mr Johnson ousted said: “The non-Boris clique group is ensuring that everyone is aware of who the independents are and who are the government stooges.”

According to the Telegraph, there's more infighting in the party. :D

I hope the 1922 Committee executive elections lead to further in-fighting within the Tory party, but there doesn't really appear to be any evidence of a groundswell of demands among Tory back benchers to change the rules around leadership elections, does there?

And in many ways it's better in the longer term if Johnson remains as leader for another year, doing further damage to the Tories, before they can have another vote to kick him out.

Reactions: Ax^
I hope the 1922 Committee executive elections lead to further in-fighting within the Tory party, but there doesn't really appear to be any evidence of a groundswell of demands among Tory back benchers to change the rules around leadership elections, does there?

It's always been said that any change would reduce the gap between possible votes of no confidence from 12 to 6 months, so it's a bit early for 'noise' around such a change, especially as the 1922 Committee elections are coming up next month.

And in many ways it's better in the longer term if Johnson remains as leader for another year, doing further damage to the Tories, before they can have another vote to kick him out.
Woul you really expect to see that evidence in public at this exact moment, beyond the existing evidence of the 148 who already voted to get rid of him?

I think its quite reasonable to assume that yesterdays election results have only increased the unease, and that momentum will build towards a new attempt to get rid at some stage in the coming months.

i do hope someone is going to catch them at an interview and ask the question

"well who are you at war with? Russia? has the UK declared war with Russia independant of the rest of the world "

Ukraine is at war not Bojo and his merry band of Wankers

*shakes fist at sky

:mad:
the world is at war with the vile johnson

the world is at war with the vile johnson

Well if the world wants to declare war on Johnson then lets have it

not johnson and his wanker trying to explain away losing by elections by blaming the war between ukraine and russia

Boris trying to wrap himself in the flag like the next maggie when he has no one on the ground

Back
Top Bottom