Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

Incisive interview with Krishnan Guru-Murthy tonight.

Johnson comes up with the usual pile of verbal sludge about the supposedly wonderful things they are doing etc. etc. - his standard M.O.

What I found most interesting about this interview was Guru-Murthy's pressing Johnson to admit that the things they are trying to legislate on - mainly the ECHR and Channel 4 privatisation - are of low interest to the public compared to the cost of living crisis, the rail strikes etc. In other words, he's using valuable legislating time to promote culture wars.

I wonder if this is an early sign that even the Mail is getting fed up with Johnson.

2i.png

I assume it's a re-write of the Times report, which was published online an hour before, and is here - archive.ph

Not only is the idea of a £150,000 treehouse fucking obscene, but the cunt was expecting the Tory donor that funded the Downing Street flat refurbishment to pay for it, makes you wonder what Lord Brownlow gets in return for funding Johnson's lifestyle.

Some of the comments some it up well.

The level of corruption is mind blowing. What does Brownlow get in rerun for spending £150,000 (which pre-tax would have been more like £300,000 of income) on Johnson’s tree house?

If this happened in Russia, we’d be laughing at how corrupt Putin is. But it’s happening in our country.

Second, how out of touch can you get. Johnson didn’t want to pay for kids school meals during COVID. He is fine with people choosing between heating and eating. His MPs claim that a healthy meal costs 30p. And he thinks his child deserves a tree house worth more than the homes of the vast majority of his voters in the red wall? A real man of the people.
Tone deaf, on the make and his nose in the trough as usual. Despicable human.
Was Johnson thinking he was going to be there for life, what a sleaze merchant.
Obscene. He doesn’t, and never will, get it
Never mind security concerns, what about the British Prime Minister being compromised! Are Johnson and his wife really so arrogant as to think it’s ok to solicit funding in this manner for personal whims?

I wonder if this is an early sign that even the Mail is getting fed up with Johnson.

View attachment 328881

I assume it's a re-write of the Times report, which was published online an hour before, and is here - archive.ph

Not only is the idea of a £150,000 treehouse fucking obscene, but the cunt was expecting the Tory donor that funded the Downing Street flat refurbishment to pay for it, makes you wonder what Lord Brownlow gets in return for funding Johnson's lifestyle.

He’s had his nose deep in the trough so long he can only think in multiples of £100k. Wasn’t a £100k job his standard payoff for any woman he was trying to get into bed?

He probably doesn’t think anything worth under £100k is worth buying, so of course he would consider his tree house at £150k to be reasonable.

View attachment 328881

re: the Russia point, it should be mentioned that when they were sanctioned Putin made his oligarchic chums dip into their pockets* and hand over cash to keep the country going. Is there anyone here who would think Johnson, or anyone in the government, would ever go after the rich here in similar circumstances?

* of course they may just have been holding the money for him all along, but still

It's always been said that any change would reduce the gap between possible votes of no confidence from 12 to 6 months, so it's a bit early for 'noise' around such a change, especially as the 1922 Committee elections are coming up next month.
For what it's worth, one MP is now explicitly talking about changing the rules

Boris Johnson faces new Tory rebellion after by-election losses

Andrew Bridgen, MP for North West Leicestershire, has said he is minded to throw his hat into the ring and stand for election to the (1922) committee's executive, saying he would "be in favour of rule change and effectively that would be another vote of confidence. The sooner the better. We will only probably have one week left before summer recess and I think we should seriously consider having another vote," he told the BBC.

re: the Russia point, it should be mentioned that when they were sanctioned Putin made his oligarchic chums dip into their pockets* and hand over cash to keep the country going. Is there anyone here who would think Johnson, or anyone in the government, would ever go after the rich here in similar circumstances?

* of course they may just have been holding the money for him all along, but still

If it was that or his head on a spike I'm sure Johnson would tell us all about how he'd always been in favour of seizing the assets of the rich to fund hospitals and schools.

Supposedly, lions and other predators get confused by a swarm of wilderbeest and end up chasing around but failing to bring any of them down. It sort of feels like that with all the stories about johnson - jobs for Carrie, another job for Carrie, £150 grand for the nipper's treehouse, openly lying to parliament, Pythonesque nonsense with his various ethics advisers. The man's a sleazy lying fuck in all areas of his life, always has been and won't change now (he pretty much admitted that yesterday). But politics seems more or less stuck at the moment. I won't do my usual thing of linking to the polls and how static they are, but... they are. The situations doesn't look great for the tories, particularly if there's something akin to tactical voting (Lab winning back the red wall, the Libs elsewhere), but far from terminal, particularly if they find a way to get a new leader. But fucking hell, Labour are shit.

Hmmm, what's the best way to learn the lessons of Brexit and the decades long abandonment of the party (or abandonment of working class voters by the party)? kieth? :facepalm:

Supposedly, lions and other predators get confused by a swarm of wilderbeest and end up chasing around but failing to bring any of them down. It sort of feels like that with all the stories about johnson - jobs for Carrie, another job for Carrie, £150 grand for the nipper's treehouse, openly lying to parliament, Pythonesque nonsense with his various ethics advisers. The man's a sleazy lying fuck in all areas of his life, always has been and won't change now (he pretty much admitted that yesterday). But politics seems more or less stuck at the moment. I won't do my usual thing of linking to the polls and how static they are, but... they are. The situations doesn't look great for the tories, particularly if there's something akin to tactical voting (Lab winning back the red wall, the Libs elsewhere), but far from terminal, particularly if they find a way to get a new leader. But fucking hell, Labour are shit.

Hmmm, what's the best way to learn the lessons of Brexit and the decades long abandonment of the party (or abandonment of working class voters by the party)? kieth? :facepalm:

The take away of the last decade or so of politics in both the UK and America seems to be that if you tell enough lies and do enough scandals fast enough and blithely deny any wrong doing you eventually get the electorate in a position where they can't get rid of you.

Its grim stuff.

The take away of the last decade or so of politics in both the UK and America seems to be that if you tell enough lies and do enough scandals fast enough and blithely deny any wrong doing you eventually get the electorate in a position where they can't get rid of you.

Its grim stuff.
Grim indeed. Trump's fake news shite fed into all kinds of existing strands in American politics and life, to the point where a significant minority actually believed his direct and obvious lies (at some level anyway). Johnson hasn't even managed that and now has just about zilch personal following and is widely regarded as dishonest. But somehow there's a fatalism there and certainly the lack of a credible alternative in kieth-ism. People see the sticky stenchy lies building up each day but just shrug and get back to worrying about even affording petrol to get to work. Grim, as you say.

Boris Johnson has said he is already planning for his 3rd term in office
Yeah, according to the graun, he

told journalists at the Commonwealth summit in Rwanda that he was planning to be in Downing Street until well into the 2030s.

Hiding in the fridge? Stuffed and mounted?

That kind of megalomaniacal arrogance comes from either his Eton supremacist background or he was paying too much attention to Trump.

told journalists at the Commonwealth summit in Rwanda that he was planning to be in Downing Street until well into the 2030s.

That kind of megalomaniacal arrogance comes from either his Eton supremacist background or he was paying too much attention to Trump.

Larry the cat is now on suicide watch.

The only way he'll be in downing st that long is if they put his ashes on the mantelpiece

Back
Top Bottom