Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

By the by, I was confidently asserting there wasn't a cat in hell's chance this would do for johnson. I's still say he'll be PM for the foreseeable future, whatever that might be. At least 6 months? What I would say though is he seems remarkably friendless at the moment.

By the by, I was confidently asserting there wasn't a cat in hell's chance this would do for johnson. I's still say he'll be PM for the foreseeable future, whatever that might be. At least 6 months? What I would say though is he seems remarkably friendless at the moment.
the foreseeable future only extends as far as monday morning atm

I wouldnt bet anything at all that he will last 6 months.

it'll be something more like there was a degree of economy with the truth in the prime minister's statements
Lies, inconsistencies, discrepancies, lack of congruity - perhaps, but keep brainstorming! How about disharmony? Good, but could we soften it a bit more, maybe stick with the musical theme? Yes, I've got it, polyphony! Sounds a bit Greek, so the PM will love that! Right, Lord Geidt, you've got to say there was merely a moment of polyphonic authenticity.

Lies, inconsistencies, discrepancies, lack of congruity - perhaps, but keep brainstorming! How about disharmony? Good, but could we soften it a bit more, maybe stick with the musical theme? Yes, I've got it, polyphony! Sounds a bit Greek, so the PM will love that! Right, Lord Geidt, you've got to say there was merely a moment of polyphonic authenticity.
geidt is pronounced git

I wouldnt bet anything at all that he will last 6 months.
I dunno, it's an odd crisis really. They are ahead or just about level in the polls and the opposition don't exist. We are not at the stage of rumours emerging from the 1922 Committee yet. Equally, the PM has been behaving like this all his life and in some ways his ability to simply ignore procedure/honesty/decency has been his sociopathic strength. But then the brexit fair wind is long gone and the party stuff might be a way that the voters start to connect the surplus deaths to his leadership, though that hasn't quite coalesced yet. Suppose I'm saying he's currently being buffeted by a moral/leadership/hypocrisy thing, which might do for him in itself. It's not quite yet a political crisis, or even more so, a crisis that opens up a way out of neoliberalism.

Keynes tempered his vast catalogue of thought by adding the proviso of irrational animal instinct being able to trash any idea of logic in behaviour. I dread to think what animal instinct drives the decision making of our esteemed PM. Hopefully the penguins will be able to sort that particular problem out.

Keynes tempered his vast catalogue of thought by adding the proviso of irrational animal instinct being able to trash any idea of logic in behaviour. I dread to think what animal instinct drives the decision making of our esteemed PM. Hopefully the penguins will be able to sort that particular problem out.
He has the instincts of a sewer rat, trapped in the body of an unnatural liaison between a sloth and an albino walrus.

You might wish for the more outrageous things he's been responsible for to be the things that holed him beneath the waterline, but it's the smaller relatable stuff that does for them - and there is a lot of smaller relatable stuff landing every other hour at the moment.
The 'character question' was always going to catch up with him at some point. He's been thieving and lying for decades, but taking the piss is another matter entirely.

You might wish for the more outrageous things he's been responsible for to be the things that holed him beneath the waterline, but it's the smaller relatable stuff that does for them - and there is a lot of smaller relatable stuff landing every other hour at the moment.

You'd think he'd have learned from the expenses stuff wouldn't you. It's one thing to let tens of thousands of people die but getting yourself associated with grand a roll wallpaper acquired through dubious means is something else.

This piece making the point made on this thread, that things could move against him if they lose next week's by election:

My only thought is that there would almost certainly been a large number of postal votes, most of which will have been already posted. That in itself might hold the seat for them.

don't agree with the argument that Johnson getting the boot makes no difference - sure we will still be saddled with some vile tory shit - but it puts a limit on what they can get away with. Left in place - Johnsons will continue to do worse and worse things. See also - elections.

don't agree with the argument that Johnson getting the boot makes no difference - sure we will still be saddled with some vile tory shit - but it puts a limit on what they can get away with. Left in place - Johnsons will continue to do worse and worse things. See also - elections.

I suppose he is the "character" that Sir Keith isn't, and I'm sure that will appeal to some people. A leader that's a bit more.. dull... might have less of a chance against Keith.

Are any of the newspapers focussing on the MET's mad lie as the main story? shit journalism in this country.
nobody cares about who bought his wallpaper.

Back
Top Bottom