Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

The BBC is massive. There have probably been factions within the BBC trying to get rid of it for years as well as those who wish to defend it. The current situation may have created an opportunity to get rid of it but there'll be plenty who want to defend it.

I wouldn't ban it. I'd just bomb the Albert Hall on the last night.

One could almost be forgiven for thinking that the Beeb announced this purely to give the government something to get excited about and win points with their hardcore support.
They didn't announce anything tbf, the Sunday Times ran a story about it based on quotes from 'sources'. While the Times has their angle, the meat of the story solid true to me - and the BBC's statement in response is a pretty craven swerve to blame it all on coronavirus.

They should be allowed to sing RB
Nothing else better displays the country's retreat from empire into insignificance than a couple of thousand hooray Henries and henriettas singing a 250 year auld song in a country which has less chance of ruling the waves in 2020 than Mongolia or the Central African Republic. Lest we forget - the navy has no aircraft for its aircraft carriers :facepalm:

Surely anything that increases their chances of contracting a potentially deadly disease, however marginally, can only be a good thing. The BBC should have commissioned additional verses.

For the last few years on the LNOTP the floor has been a sea of Suprastate flags and berets. Yes, they're that posh.

Last edited:
I suspect the hand of Murdoch in this:

The shadow trade secretary, Emily Thornberry, has condemned reports that Boris Johnson is preparing to appoint the former Australian prime minister Tony Abbott to a senior trade role, calling Abbott a “Trump-worshipping misogynist”.

The Department of Trade declined to comment publicly on Wednesday but insisted no decision had yet been made, after the Sun reported that Abbott would be given a leading role on the board of trade....

I suspect the hand of Murdoch in this:

Christ, are they on a mission to get as many totally talentless complete Morons on board as possible? He's a misogynistic, climate change-denying Trump fanboy :facepalm:
Even the ALP dumped him after just 2 years of him as PM. Then his constituents followed suit 2 years later

DPM Johnson has now claimed A level grades were "almost derailed by a mutant algorithm". And he also had the neck to claim education is the great equaliser. Not where he went to school, where you start 15-0 up and the other team have paper boots
info from 2019
1598455093722.png
<snip>
1598455132488.png
the 80.30 is A+A* %
the 42,501 is the £ per year

anyway, these a level results leave them below at least the top 10 state schools and the top 10 independent schools.

eton's name not for the giant intellects which have been there but for the social networks to which it affords access.

Christ, are they on a mission to get as many totally talentless complete Morons on board as possible? He's a misogynistic, climate change-denying Trump fanboy :facepalm:
Even the ALP dumped him after just 2 years of him as PM. Then his constituents followed suit 2 years later
From that article:
Mike Rann, a former Australian high commissioner to the UK, told Politico: “Britain asking Tony Abbott to run its trade negotiations would be about as credible as Australia asking Gavin Williamson to take charge of its education system.” :D

Back
Top Bottom