Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

I know it's a really trivial thing, but good grief does the man not own a single hairbrush? I'd be embarrassed to appear out of the house like that.
Give him his due, President Hollande's personal coiffeur was paid nearly 10,000 euros a month !
And there may be an element of covid-chic at the moment ...

But looking at any of these key players .. if you had almost anything that needed doing, what are the odds that a random person in the street couldn't do a better job - and as for running the country, I bet most of us actually know someone better qualified ...

But looking at any of these key players .. if you had almost anything that needed doing, what are the odds that a random person in the street couldn't do a better job - and as for running the country, I bet most of us actually know someone better qualified ...
you've obviously missed my earlier posts saying pre-lockdown you could find more capable and intelligent legislators from among people inside wetherspoons at 9 am and in bookies from c.11 on. get 650 of them and defenestrate the current twats in the house of commons. and as for the house of lords, erect a guillotine in parliament square and let the tumbrils approach it.

Fuck me, has Oborne only just noticed that BJ wouldn't know truth if it punched him in the face?!
No, he launched a website quite some time ago; an ongoing list of Johnson's lies. But he gave up as it was too time-consuming. He mentions it in the article I think. This also the second unflattering article concenring Johnson that he's had published in the Middle Eastern Eye.

Last edited:

sorted for you - plus it looks like this one doesn't need to be refrigerated...

1593457530539.png

No, he launched a website quite some time ago; an ongoing list of Johnson's lies. But he gave up as it was too time-consuming. He mentions it in the article I think. This also the second unflattering article concenring Johnson that he's had published in the Middle Eastern Eye.

That's kind of what I meant tbh. He's been calling out political liars for twenty years and more, but that article reads as if it's a revelation to him!

So Cummings is now loading the civil service with yes-men.

Quelle surprise. It's been obvious for years that Cummings hates the Civil Service, and he's got himself into a position to do something about it. This is probably only the start of a much bigger shake-up.

Most of the headline policies that have mitigated the impact of Covid have been worked up by the Civil Service, and by and large they've worked. Those that have come from elsewhere, most notably the contact-tracing app, have fallen on their arses. There's a lot wrong with the Civil Service, but the idea Cummings is going to make the machinery of government work better is for the birds.

The mistake people make is thinking Cummings wants competent, small c conservative govt. He has made no secret of the fact that he sees himself as a disrupter, a right revolutionary who wants things to fail so they can be pushed over to the market/marketisation. He has been noted speaking of his contempt for his nominal bosses and says he is “not a conservative”. He is a “disaster capitalist” of the radical right - the bigger the disasters the better from his point of view- hanging on for his final masterpiece - the no deal BREXIT (transition extension deadline expiring today incidentally)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom