Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

Just watched the inteview - I think Marr did as well as he could... Johnson just oozes that public school 'ESOS' (Effortless sense of superiority) which makes the content of what he's saying almost irrelevant. It's a weird form of charismatic power that attracts people, but does so much harm.

It'd be interesting to see him up against Neil again, but I fancy he would fair better than Corbyn... albeit talkling complete shite.
Marr had a definite gotcha moment when he confronted Johnson with an article of his on Islam that was so bad it'd make a saloon bar Blimp ranting about "Mohammedans" queasy, but generally his quick-fire questions were batted away, and it moved so fast Johnson got away with whoppers shameless even by his nonexistent standards (Queen's speech "defeat" perhaps the worst).

After their last bout, I expect he'd fare exactly as he'd expect against Neil, which is why it'll be a minor miracle if it ever happens this side of the 12th.

They should have swapped interviewers at the last minute and said Marr was unwell.
I was looking for the interview Neil did of Johnson during the tory leadership election as it might hold hints as to why Johnson is so scared of Neil this time. Couldn't find it on iPlayer though.

21996706-7771341-image-a-11_1575878844799.jpg

boris johnson prepares for his next challenge, dragging sleds for former people in marie lloyd land

Somebody said this the other day on the twitter and i think it's interesting, rings true:

"The point about Johnson and his lying is that, for those who believe "you can't say anything these days", a flagrant liar offers the glimpse of a world where you can literally say *anything*."

The cheerful lying and the promising of things that are impossible, and shameless explicitly xenophobic stuff like todays that's got to be a big part of his appeal (for those maybe few people who are enthusiasts). He says anything he feels like and never has to deal with the consequences of any of it. Thats got to be attractive to some people, sort of vicariously liberating, in a trumpish way.

you'd have thought he'd make an effort not to look like he's been kipping on a bench in his suit and combed his hair with a hedge.
Isn’t that an integral part of the image though?
“Yeah, yeah, don’t care?” The Bullingdon Punk PM for ageing punks of the Rock n Roll Swindle super-cynical variety? And another bit of revenge for the embittered and defeated Peace and Love Generation before them, on a world that failed to live up to their dreams? The victory of nihilism. (And a seemingly relatively “safe” nihilism for those with their own homes and pensions outside the metropolis?)
“Nobody tells me what to do” is a common attitude. Johnson and Trump are poster boys for a world view.

“Yeah, yeah, don’t care?” The Bullingdon Punk PM for ageing punks of the Rock n Roll Swindle super-cynical variety? And another bit of revenge for the embittered and defeated Peace and Love Generation before them, on a world that failed to live up to their dreams? The victory of nihilism. (And a seemingly relatively “safe” nihilism for those with their own homes and pensions outside the metropolis?)
i'd be more impressed with the nefandous johnson if he was indeed a nihilist

i'd be more impressed with the nefandous johnson if he was indeed a nihilist
He’s more Silence of The Lambs than Narodnya Volya.....

Back
Top Bottom