Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Photo ID now a requirement to vote in the UK

I can readily believe that during the era of really existing system competition the spooks were very keen to know where communist voters lived. Maybe less so today, but who knows?

In the era of "system competition" it would have been easier, and more enjoyable, to send spooks to Young Communist League dances. Once Communist stopped dancing, they were no longer a threat

Think I'll head to the polling station later than usual so I can ask the staff how busy it's been to see if there has been a drop in voters because of the ID requirement. Turnout is usually shit at local elections anyway, so it'll be interesting to see how much it drops by this time.

I always delight in explaining to Americans how we do it over here.
None of their constant multi-million dollar "primaries" for multiple levels of the administration, mostly just get out to the local school gym every couple or 4 years, pinch yer nose and make yer mark for the least awful option, then go home and hope it doesn't get too much worse...

... but then I don't watch telly or read newspapers - especially at election time....

Very wise.

Tbh the argument stuff can't be matched up because it's a lot of work doesn't really hold water. It's the auld 'they won't kettle thousands of people in Oxford circus' all over again. They can, and if they want to they will.
Of course its possible and I can envisage that possibility happening at various periods and in various areas. Candidates/voters openly supporting the Provos or against internment would be one area and I would have thought the CPGB supporters in the 30s/40s and immediate post war era would be another possible example. Presumably, such access would have to be given by the returning officer ( normally the Chief Execs Office).

However, I worked on community cohesion/counter terrorism/ Prevent for my Council with GMP, and the only request for access into elections material was that concerning candidates/nominees for the far right , which are open to the public in any case.

I very much doubt that anything else would be systematic, question as to what actual use it would be when normally 'extremist ' organisations are infiltrated or have touts and that there is an array of other intelligence sources that would provide much more threat based and live intelligence than trawling through ballot papers once every 4/5 years or in the case of council elections every 2 years or so.

And what does "woke" mean?

The verification of ballot papers done at the Counting of the Votes begins with ensuring that the number of ballots given out matches the number taken out of the box.

The counterfoil numbers are kept seperate from the ballots and the use of them is usually one safeguard against photocopying ballots or using fake ones.

It would be theoretically possible to match ballot to voter were the papers not inside a sealed box for 14 hours, driven to a counting hall, and then combined with the contents of other boxes for counting. Their use is usually to ensure that the ballots were given out sequentially to avoid suspicion of missing or amended ballots.

Coercion can occur at a polling station. Staff are trained to check for people who might be standing too close to voters.

The recently passed Ballot Secrecy Act (https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3172 ) places further safeguards against coercion inside polling stations.

Many years ago now, Individual Registration was introduced to avoid the 'head of the household' issue regarding the filing in of the annual registration process. This was in response to concerns that it was possible for postal voting to be manipulated in the ways expressed with some vigor by one poster in this thread.

To return to the main requirement of this thread, the photo id rules have been introduced to solve an issue that doesn't exist, and requires younger voters to use ID they can't afford nor access. I'm certain that's the more pressing issue than whether a crypto-bro who uses "woke" as an insult should be any further indulged.

People want to know what "woke" is.

"Woke" is a word used to describe a disengenous thick cunt like you.

My apologies to everyone else for this complete berk's huge cut n paste.

But I'd like the thank the berk for actually proving postal votes are shit.

Coercesion CAN'T happen in the polling station because there are election officials there to stop it. It fucking says so in your quoted post.

Those election officials AREN'T in people's houses when

A) The local authority does it's canvas.
B) The PV ballot papers are received.
C) The PV ballot papers are filled in.

If you believe that coecsion used to happen in a polling station, explain how it doesn't happen in the privacy of people's homes?

I'm a "crypto-bro" because yeah fuck you, normal working class people can build their own democractic structures to run their communites without the "help" of an army of middle class woke liberal authatronic pricks subverting traditional democracy.

Many years ago now, Individual Registration was introduced to avoid the 'head of the household' issue regarding the filing in of the annual registration process. This was in response to concerns that it was possible for postal voting to be manipulated in the ways expressed with some vigor by one poster in this thread.

Individual registration doesn't stop anything.

Unless a corrupt head of the household sees a ballot paper with what they want, there will be hell-to-pay.

I've canvassed thousands of homes. Countless times, the head of the household, normally a bloke, has told me he will get me the entire house and has delivered. Too many times for every instance to be legit.

I believe that there should be some kind of voter ID, but it should be accessable AND it should be done in a way that protects voter rights.

People should have their vote and it should be made easy, but not by introducing methods that are open to coercion and fraud.

Coercesion CAN'T happen in the polling station because there are election officials there to stop it. It fucking says so in your quoted post.

If you believe that coecsion used to happen in a polling station, explain how it doesn't happen in the privacy of people's homes?

I'm a "crypto-bro" because yeah fuck you, normal working class people can build their own democractic structures to run their communites without the "help" of an army of middle class woke liberal authatronic pricks subverting traditional democracy.
Meh, you still haven't given us the meaning of woke.

Very poor. Very fraudulent.

Do not, in any argument or discussion, use that language towards me or other posters ever again.

I've canvassed thousands of homes. Countless times, the head of the household, normally a bloke, has told me he will get me the entire house and has delivered. Too many times for every instance to be legit.

How do we know that you're not just lying about this in a desperate attempt to prop up your argument against postal votes? If you want to take away peoples' democratic rights, we're gonna need more than just your say-so. This is why having evidence matters.

StakerOne said:
Canvassed who for? Where? When? Most importantly - how do you know how the people you canvassed actually voted? The thing is, without this info, there's simply no reason for anyone to believe that what you're posting here is true. And if this post is suspect, there's no reason to believe any of your other posts either.

You can fix this issue, StakerOne , but only with actual data. You say it happened 'countless times', so it can't be hard to outline a few case studies for the sake of trust and transparency?

Canvassed who for? Where? When? Most importantly - how do you know how the people you canvassed actually voted? The thing is, without this info, there's simply no reason for anyone to believe that what you're posting here is true. And if this post is suspect, there's no reason to believe any of your other posts either.

You can fix this issue, StakerOne , but only with actual data. You say it happened 'countless times', so it can't be hard to outline a few case studies for the sake of trust and transparency?i

I don't fucking waste my time talking to people who can't or won't vote for serious reform of our electoral system.

Then again, I don't waste my time talking to powerless sanctimonious twats who only show an interest in democracy when it suits them.

So here's a promise.

I'm going to bow out of this thread and let you idiots moan away.

I'll instead be investing time on a community DAO to improve my neighbourhood, including how to discourage middle class woke busy-bodies from moving in.

We can do what we want, you can't stop us.

Whahahahahahaha.

Thread ignored.

I don't fucking waste my time talking to people who can't or won't vote for serious reform of our electoral system.

Then again, I don't waste my time talking to powerless sanctimonious twats who only show an interest in democracy when it suits them.

So here's a promise.

I'll instead be investing time on a community DAO to improve my neighbourhood, including how to discourage middle class woke busy-bodies from moving in.

Whahahahahahaha.

Thread ignored.
Fucking simmer.

So here's a promise.

Whahahahahahaha.

Thread ignored.

1. Oh how fucking convenient lol.

2. You're a liar :thumbs: change my mind..

So here's a promise.

Whahahahahahaha.

Thread ignored.
Imagined all the above written in blunt red crayon.

So here's a promise.

Whahahahahahaha.

Thread ignored.
you've wasted your entire life

faf34f6b138724046039763cd1c9926e74616771.jpeg

This word woke, it’s become an almost obligatory badge of arseholeness the last few years, like what would they do without it the people who use it like this what would they say instead?
There used to be ‘politically correct’ but that hasn’t got the rage in it and wasn’t quite the same was it.

This word woke, it’s become an almost obligatory badge of arseholeness the last few years, like what would they do without it the people who use it like this what would they say instead?
There used to be ‘politically correct’ but that hasn’t got the rage in it and wasn’t quite the same was it.
PC, right on, loony left etc.

ETA: on various other forums and social media, it's used as code for far right perjoratives.

Back
Top Bottom