Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Photo ID now a requirement to vote in the UK

If it's a fact there should be evidence for it. So cough it up already.

When my postal ballot arrives and my Dad presents it to me asking me to vote and sign for it, otherwise I'm on the street.

THERE IS NO ELECTION OBSERVER PRESENT IN OUR KITCHEN

You clearly need to if no one believes there is an issue with widespread postal voting besides you.
Erm many people who arrive down the polling station to vote in person believe there is dodgy stuff going on with postal votes......

......but the election has already been won or lost with dodgy fucking postal votes by that point.

The example you cite, are centralised computers. They aren't blockchain. I wouldn't trust centralised computers that are well documented for being hacked.

You can't hack a blockchain and the voter can verify (for a very short amount of time) that their vote was registered the way they intended.

So you are trusting the interface software not to change your vote but print out the person you voted for.

Erm many people who arrive down the polling station to vote in person believe there is dodgy stuff going on with postal votes......

......but the election has already been won or lost with dodgy fucking postal votes by that point.

Ah, so you assume the dodgy postal votes are both sufficient in number and sufficiently systematically skewed in one direction to actually determine an election result..

So you are trusting the interface software not to change your vote but print out the person you voted for.

The interface sofware would be open source and can be run on any device. Bring 5 of your own devices to the polling booth, they will all give you the same answer.

The interface sofware would be open source and can be run on any device. Bring 5 of your own devices to the polling booth, they will all give you the same answer.

There would be no need for a polling booth with blockchain technologies (unless you deliberately engineered it to require them). Anywhere with internet access would work.

Ah, so you assume the dodgy postal votes are both sufficient and systematically skewed in one direction to actually determine an election result.
Given the lengths you would go to, to preserve something that's not needed, yup, they do swing elections.

You can't win this one.

There's no need for most people to have a PV and I would argue that in an ideal world, no one would need one.

Here is my photo from my ID certificate.

340260141_188154233984135_8693792190445303133_n.jpg

There would be no need for a polling booth with blockchain technologies (unless you deliberately engineered it to require them). Anywhere with internet access would work.
The polling booth insures a secret ballot.

So it appears you're not deliberatly defending election fraud, you're just thick.

So why aren't electronic voting systems open-source already? And why would blockchain interface software be any different?

When my postal ballot arrives and my Dad presents it to me asking me to vote and sign for it, otherwise I'm on the street.

THERE IS NO ELECTION OBSERVER PRESENT IN OUR KITCHEN

That's not the evidence of widespread integrity issues with postal voting that I asked for. That's a scenario you just made up in your head. Could it happen? Sure. With a frequency and to the degree that justifies withdrawing the postal vote? Well, we're gonna need solid evidence for that happening before we take any actions which might abridge the democratic rights of a minority of the electorate.

Given the lengths you would go to, to preserve something that's not needed, yup, they do swing elections.

You can't win this one.

There's no need for most people to have a PV and I would argue that in an ideal world, no one would need one.

Try to read my actual posts rather than imagining what I haven’t said (at least this makes you “real urbans”, I guess, hobnob, fiver etc.).

And then maybe have another go with that first sentence.

That's not the evidence of widespread integrity issues with postal voting that I asked for. That's a scenario you just made up in your head. Could it happen? Sure. To the degree that justifies withdrawing the postal vote? Well, we're gonna need solid evidence for that happening before we take any actions which might abridge the democratic rights of certain minorities.

Elections will be less important because local and national governments will have less power as local communites create their own local democracies.

If a large chunk of people don't want democracy because they are happy with the charade that we have now, it doesn't matter, it really doesn't. Those that really do care about their communities and a sense of fairness will create better systems.

If you don't like love, just go fuck off and simmer.

You’re the one who can’t read.
Oh I can.

Electronic voting doesn't eliminate the need for a polling booth.

The polling booth is there to maintain the secret vote. I don't expect many lefties to understand that, because democracy is a strange alien concept to lefties. :)

Oh I can.

The polling booth is there to maintain the secret vote. I don't expect many lefties to understand that, because democracy is a strange alien concept to lefties. :)

Electronic voting can help to make remote voting more secure where required.

In terms of the actual voting booth, yeah, that’s secret, but blockchain doesn’t seem that relevant to your whole thing about postal voting in that case.

Mate, it's a Sunday, let's just agree to disagree and calm down.
No. It's a brave new world out there.

People can do what the fuck they want.

For too long, middle class woke authoracunts have made themselves too busy with other people's lives to the point of ruin.

They belong on the sidelines with nothing to do, other than to simmer away at the loss of power they once had over us.

Oh I can.

Ooooh, so that's what this whole theatre production has been about.

Thread unfollowed.

It does because I take their rights seriously.

You don't. If you did, you would be racking your brains for a way in which everyone has the secret ballot. The secret ballot is a sacred right.
"Sacred right"?
So, you're not bothered by numbered ballot papers and counterfoils being held by the state?

It's impossible to have remote voting without losing the secret ballot, though I'm open to being proved wrong.

You could have the regular in-person voting system we have now, and replace postal votes with a well-authenticated electronic system where required. Possibly incorporating some blockchain tech, but I’m neither an expert or an enthusiast.

Could drip-feed the links out at random so there is no obvious heap of forms landing on the doormat one day.

Well, there’s a heap of possible permutations…

Oh I can.

Yup several stops past Barking. Anyone with half a brain cell knows what's going on here. The voter ID thing had been introduced for purely idealogical reasons; to disenfranchise those more likely to vote for candidates on the left of the political spectrum. Democracy is being denied to a large chunk of the population as a consequence. And you have the gall to insinuate that it is an 'alien concept to lefties'. Doctor, my sides.

Back
Top Bottom