Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Photo ID now a requirement to vote in the UK

I'm talking about people in general. Yes as each day goes by they can do what the fuck they want.

I believe the cost of persecution / prosecution should be high.

What the fuck do you believe in? That people should be switched off by a centralised power the second they step out of line?

I belive you're an authoritarian who hides behind a poorly-understood conception of 'freedom' that you're happy to set aside whenever you feel like it. For a while I was prepared to respect that your views, while misguided, were at least consistent. But you don't even have that any more.

Yep they should ... but they won't.

Both the tories and labour have spent a lot of time and money into postal vote harvesting.

Why level the playing field to smaller parties? Of course they won't.

Blockchain voting should be brought in, with zero-knowledge proofs, proving the voter is legite. Voters would need to go to the town hall to get their reusable digital polling card.

When their vote goes onto the blockchain, we all KNOW it's a legite vote with zero chance of fraud but we don't know who each voter is on the actual voting section of the blockchain. Seperately, each voter on the register would be marked off.

More secure, more private, no one is disenfranchised and there's zero chance of fraud.

With postal votes, there's not only fraud to contend with, but also overbearing members of the same household forcing others to vote the same way.

That's very bad for women and some younger folk.

"You're voting for XXXXXX if you want to stay under this roof!"

Postal voting is shite and needs to be knocked on the head.

You might want to have a quick look at how the whole cryptocurrency thing panned out before you suggest using it to run elections.

Postal voting is also shite as it robs the canvassers and the candidates of a meaningful canvass.

Before universal postal voting, it was worth the while to actually ask to speak to each voter.

For example, if I'm the candidate and I know the voter has a secret ballot down the polling station, it's worth my while to speak to that voter. ONLY the infirm and disabled had postal votes.

If I know that voter has a secret ballot and I get my chance to speak to them, then it doesn't matter what anyone else says to them, they'll never be able to punish the voter for voting the wrong way.

Now ... I look at the electoral roll and many houses are stiched up entirely with postal votes. The door is answered by the man of the house.

He tells me there's no point in speaking to his wife because she's going to be voting the same way he is and he might even admit to me that he will be making sure she does. Even if he doesn't admit that, we know he probably will.

If I insist to talk to his wife and he tells me to fuck off, believe it or not, as the canddiate or canvasser, I can call the police and the police can insist that I speak to his wife.

But there's no point in me talking to his wife, if she doesn't enjoy a secret ballot down the polling station. At the end of the day, the bundles go straight from that house to the candidate or their policital party to be delivered to the council directly.

Postal votes are awful for democracy, they undermine canvassers and candidates from engaging with the public in a meaningful canvass.

I belive you're an authoritarian who hides behind a poorly-understood conception of 'freedom' that you're happy to set aside whenever you feel like it. For a while I was prepared to respect that your views, while misguided, were at least consistent. But you don't even have that any more.
You have no answer for the fact that universal postal votes rob people of their secret ballot. I could talk to you until the cows come home if you are concerned about peoples rights being protected.

Just fucking start talking in good faith or fuck off.

You crack on. You're making yourself look stupid if you seriously believe that postal voter coercion isn't widespread. In my experience, it's the norm rather than the exception.

When there are multiple occupancies in a dwelling, most of the time (Like at least 75%) the whole bundle is handed to a candidate, meaning the entire household voted the same way.

The canvasser never has to bother with speaking to the wife after the husband, because the husband will give it the "Don't you worry, I'll take care of the lot of them." - 2 weeks later, there he is at the front door with a wad of PVs for the entire house.

And you're saying that there's NEVER coercion involved?

Fuck off.

I never said coercion never happens. But if it were to be happening to a significant extent, then there would be evidence for it. Poll workers, psepheologists and observers across the world would be raising concerns, not just obviously partisan whiners like yourself and the MAGA wankers.

I never said coercion never happens. But if it were to be happening to a significant extent, then there would be evidence for it. Poll workers, psepheologists and observers across the world would be raising concerns, not just obviously partisan whiners like yourself and the MAGA wankers.
There is NOTHING for them to see if the coercion happened before they got anywhere near the ballots.

You have to be one of the thickist people I've ever met on the net.

There is NOTHING for them to see if the coercion happened before they got anywhere near the ballots.

You have to be one of the thickist people I've ever met on the net.

How handy for you, that your claim of massive, widespread voter coercion cannot be proven by examining the available evidence.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, that means we cannot take your claims seriously.

StakerOne To take part in one of these blockchain votes. Do you have to go to the Polling Station and disenfranchise the ill and infirm or do it from home where the overbearing head of the household can watch over you and make sure you vote the 'right' way?

Please explain for us state-obsessed thickos the steps of voting on the blockchain or at least, how you envisage it?

NoXion if you are the thickest person Stakerone knows, that insult must cut pretty deep. (((NoXion)))

What's funny is how he gets so damn angry while telling the rest of us to simmer.
scousers-scouser.gif
I'm talking about people in general. Yes as each day goes by they can do what the fuck they want.

I believe the cost of persecution / prosecution should be high.

What the fuck do you believe in? That people should be switched off by a centralised power the second they step out of line?
I tell you what I don't believe: people in general. There's no such thing, for example I disagree with almost everything you post, so there must at the very least be people like you and also people like me. Then there are all those others for people to be like, till people in general becomes useless.

What if in order to receive their voting form, all postal voters had to sign an agreement, a contract if you will, that they would under no circumstances try to interfere with someone else's vote? Those could be stuck in a blockchain smart contract then we'd know everything happened right and properly when people cast and posted their vote in.

I feel silly making your argument for you but here we are.

Postal voting is also shite as it robs the canvassers and the candidates of a meaningful canvass.

Before universal postal voting, it was worth the while to actually ask to speak to each voter.

For example, if I'm the candidate and I know the voter has a secret ballot down the polling station, it's worth my while to speak to that voter. ONLY the infirm and disabled had postal votes.

If I know that voter has a secret ballot and I get my chance to speak to them, then it doesn't matter what anyone else says to them, they'll never be able to punish the voter for voting the wrong way.

Now ... I look at the electoral roll and many houses are stiched up entirely with postal votes. The door is answered by the man of the house.

He tells me there's no point in speaking to his wife because she's going to be voting the same way he is and he might even admit to me that he will be making sure she does. Even if he doesn't admit that, we know he probably will.

If I insist to talk to his wife and he tells me to fuck off, believe it or not, as the canddiate or canvasser, I can call the police and the police can insist that I speak to his wife.

But there's no point in me talking to his wife, if she doesn't enjoy a secret ballot down the polling station. At the end of the day, the bundles go straight from that house to the candidate or their policital party to be delivered to the council directly.

Postal votes are awful for democracy, they undermine canvassers and candidates from engaging with the public in a meaningful canvass.
What about all the people who cannot get to the polling station?

No, because it includes more than the bail conditions, such as the charge(s), and hence why the decision was made.

Christ, this exchange is like pulling teeth. :D
I preferred it when Sas thought it was a Bali decision record.

What about all the people who cannot get to the polling station?
In days of old, people had to declare they was in a demographic (elderly, disabled etc) that couldn't get to the polling station.

These days anyone can ask for a postal vote and that's very bad, especially since there are no safeguards against voter coehercion.

If the voter has the secret vote at the polling station, they are near impossible to coerce because bad actors have no way of knowing whether the victim voted the right way.

Now imagine I live in a house with 4 other people and I am the head of the house with control over who can stay in it. Every now and then, the local authority does it's own canvass.

There is only ONE piece of paperwork for that, that lands on the doormat. I add in anyone who lives with me, that isn't added in on that paperwork and everyone get's the tickbox for a postal vote.

Then all I have to do, is tell everyone in that household, that they are voting by postal vote or they are OUT.

The local authority may phone them, asking them if they want a postal vote. They will simply say they do, otherwise they are OUT of my house.

I have them, right from the word go, from the start, to the vote the day the ballots land, to handing over the ballots to the party I want them to vote for.

The system is shit shit shit shit. Oh and bit more shit. It's wide open to abuse. But that's OK according to some here, because there's no election observers in my household to record wrong-doing so it never happened!

Back
Top Bottom