Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Petition to request parliament review LTNs

That just shows how little empathy you have for the 12k+ people who have signed this petition as you seek to make fun of their issues
Horseshit. The people who don't have empathy are those who spam consultations with copy-and-paste fake issues, who sign petitions because all they want is a thirty seconds shaved off a journey, who leaflet for the tories because going round the long way overrides any other concerns.

Horseshit. The people who don't have empathy are those who spam consultations with copy-and-paste fake issues, who sign petitions because all they want is a thirty seconds shaved off a journey, who leaflet for the tories because going round the long way overrides any other concerns.
Another insulting comment where you cannot refrain from talking about me - your minimising of LTNs to a minor change to journeys just shows how you do not understand the real impact LTNs are having on people, businesses and community organisations

Surely we could start by banning mini-cabs from London? After all, everyone knows well maintained and well designed Hackney cabs with proper drivers who have done the knowledge are far far better than some amateur in a ropey12 year old Prius with a sat-nav. I think 99% of the people on this thread could get behind that improvement.
The private hire industry has been heavily regulated in London for over 20 years and no vehicle older than 10 years is permitted to be used. The Black cab numbers are reducing and they too need satnavs to navigate around all the LTN road closures. TFL generate a lot of revenue from the PHV drivers and many people and businesses rely upon those services so banning them would have lots of negative consequences but I would support a cap on the numbers

That’s all that’s realistically going to happen.

There are loads of other sites where you might get more sigs for your petition.
It’s a sad inditement of this forum then if insults and effing and blinding are deemed acceptable responses to content that you don’t agree with

That's poor but:

(a) we're talking about pollution, and pollution monitors are not traffic counting monitors, and are not affected by this undercounting.
(b) none of the research I quoted was done by Rachel Aldred
(c) the limitation of the traffic counters is acknowledged in the peer reviewed research done by Rachel Aldred
(d) If the methodology changes between baseline on post intervention counts then it's an even less valid comparison. A CCTV count may be more accurate, and should be done for future comparisons, but unless you have pre-pandemic CCTV counts you won't be able to make any worthwhile comparison to pre-ltn intervention. How much it's undercounting is going to be a factor of how much more time is spent below the iirc 6mph it can't count to previously. Anytime you had that slow traffic before, and have that slow traffic now, it won't be undercounting.
Indeed. And yet, for you, online, it has meant that you've actually tried to respond to what I've said rather than repeating stuff which I've already responded to.

Re: the imperial college study. This is not the same one. The one I posted is from November 2022. If you read the article you posted it says:

(my emphasis)

Paul Lomax's criticisms of the report I posted have been responded to by others on twitter, and we'll see what the journal's and/or author's responses are. The great thing about peer reviewed journals is that they get to go through this kind of critical process unlike newspaper reports. We can see all their methodology and get to criticise it. Meanwhile you post newspaper reports which make claims with no methodology behind them and assume they have no flaws at all because you agree with what they are saying.

I have literally no idea at all what on earth the screenshot you posted has to do with anything at all. Seems like you broke planning laws by placing something that looks like a road sign somewhere it could be confused for being a legal road sign? Is this the kind of law abiding behaviour you were thinking about in our earlier conversation about taxing EV electricity?

Lambeth one yes as I accepted it's based on traffic counts which are undercounting - now my question to you is given that we need to compare to pre-ltn installation, what is the best way to do that? How much was the traffic undercounted before, given that they were using the same methodology both before and after? Because the truth is that there is no methodology that is without flaws, and it's a strength, not a weakness, to acknowledge those flaws, and be able to account for them. So please let us know how you think we should make comparisons.

Newham, no, go and read the report and like I said it's from a pollution monitor on a shared boundary road, it's got nothing to do with traffic counts and your whole claim is nonsense - whether the traffic counts are flawed or not, no council claims what you are saying and the reports I've seen from most places say that traffic has risen on most boundary roads which is exactly the opposite of what you are saying councils are claiming.

Now I challenge you to find me one peer-reviewed study - not a newspaper report of one but the actual study - which goes against what the academics you dislike are saying. Because I'm not interested in continuing a conversation with you when it's clear you are going to discount any academic study in favour of your own pre-set beliefs.
Peer reviews are reviews done prior to publication and the flaws in these studies are being identified post publication so you would hope that if they reviewer/s were aware of the flaws that they would question the conclusions of the study and it would be withdrawn or re-assessed and adjusted accordingly. Even so once someone has alerted the institution or the academics in question to issues with their published studies you would hope that their integrity would warrant a review of the study or a rebuttal of the issues raised or a withdrawal until such a review had been conducted as currently people are continuing to promote the studies and use them to advocate claims that may subsequently have to be withdrawn

The private hire industry has been heavily regulated in London for over 20 years and no vehicle older than 10 years is permitted to be used. The Black cab numbers are reducing and they too need satnavs to navigate around all the LTN road closures. TFL generate a lot of revenue from the PHV drivers and many people and businesses rely upon those services so banning them would have lots of negative consequences but I would support a cap on the numbers

A statistic I just made up* shoes that 93% of mini cab drivers smell of used hamster bedding whilst 95 of Hackney carriage badge holders are gods amount men.

* This seems to be the type you like.

A statistic I just made up* shoes that 93% of mini cab drivers smell of used hamster bedding whilst 95 of Hackney carriage badge holders are gods amount men.

* This seems to be the type you like.
More insults - very immature - I provided some actual real details and you respond with childishness!

Back
Top Bottom