Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Petition to request parliament review LTNs

Let's agree to disagree then as I can see I will not convince you but likewise you will not convince me
Yeah, i like to go with solutions that are technically possible and shown to work.
If you can show me this then you can convince me.

But you can't and you'd rather cling onto an idea you've had than change your mind just because you've been shown it can't work how you want it to be able to.

Same mindset I'm sure you apply to LTNs.

Yeah, i like to go with solutions that are technically possible and shown to work.

But you can't and you'd rather cling onto an idea you've had than change your mind just because you've been shown it can't work how you want it to be able to.

I’m sure if anyone thought the anti’s were remotely serious in resolving the problems, their probably achievable given enough time and budget solutions might get some more engagement.

But I’d imagine councils have picked the cheapest way to implement LTNs rather than developing much more expensive more flexible high tech solutions ( eg apnr linked )

I've pointed out that the government committee are considering EV charge point charges as they have identified it is costly so they clearly think it is possible - ANPRs are also costly too but road charging has been ruled that out already - it's should be easy enough to add a fuel duty charge at public charge points so the issue is just about how to do that to private charge points and whether or not to worry about people plugging their vehicle into the mains which I suspect will be a minority as the majority of people in this country are law abiding

I've pointed out that the government committee are considering EV charge point charges as they have identified it is costly so they clearly think it is possible - ANPRs are also costly too but road charging has been ruled that out already - it's should be easy enough to add a fuel duty charge at public charge points so the issue is just about how to do that to private charge points and whether or not to worry about people plugging their vehicle into the mains which I suspect will be a minority as the majority of people in this country are law abiding
The only thing I remember you posting was the new regs which don't have anything about metered EV charge points in them, and as I said before, this does not get round the issue of people being able to simply plug their EV into a different socket and thus the requirement for a new "police" force to enter people's homes and check up on what they are doing. We know that nearly 7% of all red diesel sold is used fradulently and that's easy to detect by simply dipping the fuel tank. The figure would be far, far, far higher when there's no real chance of being caught, and we know that the majority of drivers are not law abiding as more than half of drivers admit to speeding.

whether or not to worry about people plugging their vehicle into the mains which I suspect will be a minority as the majority of people in this country are law abiding
Well we know how widespread public use of red diesel is and that actually requires some effort. And we also know that drivers are keen to break laws that restrict their driving in any way. Near my home a group of drivers have taken over a road with double yellows because they believe they need parking spaces more than we need a quiet and clean neighbourhood. They routinely remove or obscure their number plates to avoid fines. I don't know how they haven't all been towed away but ime the police are very accommodating to drivers who break the law.

ANPR’s are pretty cheap now. Especially the spike ones.

I see the telegraph and Johnson both appear to be discouraging car use - I do not subscribe to it.
Another reason to cut down on car use is to cut funding state sponsored terrorist people like Saudi.

EV's are not the answer.
EV's are full of dodgy materials and are difficult to recycle.
They still need power to make and use them, which generally comes from oil.
One of the worst pollutants is car tyres.
More car use just equates to more congestion.

EV's are not the answer.
Depends on the question ;)
Battery recycling is really good now, and most of it can be recycled, and is economic to do. Legislation requiring it to happen is in place in the EU.
As a side note, EVs are moving from li-ion to LFP batteries that do not have any cobalt or nickel in them.
Virtually no electricity is produced from oil, in the UK there's none at all, and even if we talk about fossil fuels it's less than 50% - past 12 months when I looked a few weeks ago was 40.5% natural gas and 1.5% coal.
Even if was produced from oil it would be more efficient to produce at a large central power plant and distribute the electricity than to burn the oil in a car engine, because car engines are so inefficient. There is also the possibility of carbon capture at power plants which can't be done at the tailpipe. Plus an ICE will always be 100% oil where an EV can be 100% zero carbon, and will be at some point in the hopefully not too distant future.
Yes and likely to be worse with EVs due to the extra weight, but then brake dust is also very bad and that'll be less due to regenerative braking.
This is certainly true :)

I see the telegraph and Johnson both appear to be discouraging car use - I do not subscribe to it.
Another reason to cut down on car use is to cut funding state sponsored terrorist people like Saudi.
How do you make the link between the average car driver to that?

Well we know how widespread public use of red diesel is and that actually requires some effort. And we also know that drivers are keen to break laws that restrict their driving in any way. Near my home a group of drivers have taken over a road with double yellows because they believe they need parking spaces more than we need a quiet and clean neighbourhood. They routinely remove or obscure their number plates to avoid fines. I don't know how they haven't all been towed away but ime the police are very accommodating to drivers who break the law.
The vast majority of drivers do not use red diesel

EV's are not the answer.
I would prefer for more to be invested in hydrogen powered vehicles as they seem more sustainable than EVs

The government committee looking in to this ruled out using them

And how does that effect the price? Oh it doesn’t.

You just make up facts and when people who actually know what they are talking about point out your bollocks you post tangentially related drivel. You sir have the debating skills of a sloth with hypoxia.

The vast majority of drivers do not use red diesel
Because it's not widely available whereas there is no practical limit onextension cables. Whereas we know about 15% of red diesel is misused. If my neighbours are happy to leave their cars in the street without numberplate to get away with illegal parking I'm sure hanging a cable out of their windows won't bother them.

And how does that effect the price? Oh it doesn’t.

You just make up facts and when people who actually know what they are talking about point out your bollocks you post tangentially related drivel. You sir have the debating skills of a sloth with hypoxia.
Ok great chatting to you too!

Because it's not widely available whereas there is no practical limit onextension cables. Whereas we know about 15% of red diesel is misused. If my neighbours are happy to leave their cars in the street without numberplate to get away with illegal parking I'm sure hanging a cable out of their windows won't bother them.
The government will no doubt look at all the options and work out which one is best but it is unlikely to be perfect and there will always be some people who will try and avoid paying

It would seem that essentially the entire world is marching out of step with you. Evidently you have some special knowledge.

Recently ianarmstrong was driving in his car from London to Birmingham when his boss rang to say he’d just seen a TV report of vehicle going the wrong way on the M6.

Ian told his boss ‘there’s not just one, there’s thousands of them’…

Recently ianarmstrong was driving in his car from London to Birmingham when his boss rang to say he’d just seen a TV report of vehicle going the wrong way on the M6.

Ian told his boss ‘there’s not just one, there’s thousands of them’…
It is sad that you can't hold a conversation without insulting people

The government will no doubt look at all the options and work out which one is best but it is unlikely to be perfect and there will always be some people who will try and avoid paying
and we all know we can rely on HMG to make the right decisions without fear or favour.

Back
Top Bottom