Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nigel Farage

So for a car analogy. He can no longer afford to own and maintain a Bentley, and in his mind, he has been banned by Bentley from owning one and is no longer allowed to drive.
But nothing stops him from getting a 20-year Ford Fiesta apart from being a frog-faced egotist.

S01E02-oCWYWBAg-subtitled.jpg

No, no, no, it's different. It's called a Natwest Executive Savers account now.
They've rebadged it you fool!

Last edited:
So for a car analogy. He can no longer afford to own and maintain a Bentley, and in his mind, he has been banned by Bentley from owning one and is no longer allowed to drive.
But nothing stops him from getting a 20-year Ford Fiesta apart from being a frog-faced egotist.
It does take someone rather special to take the pretentious prestige of somewhere like Coutts and use it to make all and sundry aware that he is in diminished circumstances

FTs take:
Nigel Farage downgraded from Coutts to NatWest - Financial Times (archived)

However, two people close to the situation noted that Coutts — once known as the “Queen’s bank” — had financial eligibility criteria that could explain an account closure: clients are required to save more than £3mn or borrow or invest more than £1mn. NatWest, which is part of the same group, has no such criteria.
One of those people said Farage had redeemed his Coutts mortgage earlier, reducing his business with the bank below the threshold.
Asked about this, Farage said: “You seem to know more than me.” He confirmed he had paid off his Coutts mortgage early and declined to say whether he now met the criteria.

🤣

''The wife and I couldn’t help noticing, Nigel, that you have an ordinary Natwest card whereas we have a gold Coutts card. That says to me that we are considerably richer than you.''

Twitter link

Colin the Dachshund @DachshundColin • Jul 4
[Image of Kathy Burke and Harry Enfield as Pam and Stan Herbert]
"The wife and I couldn’t help noticing, Nigel, that you have an ordinary Natwest card whereas we have a gold Coutts card. That says to me that we are considerably richer than you."
9:54 PM · Jul 4, 2023· 24.2K Views

🤣

''The wife and I couldn’t help noticing, Nigel, that you have an ordinary Natwest card whereas we have a gold Coutts card. That says to me that we are considerably richer than you.''''The wife and I couldn’t help noticing, Nigel, that you have an ordinary Natwest card whereas we have a gold Coutts card. That says to me that we are considerably richer than you.''

Twitter link

Colin the Dachshund @DachshundColin • Jul 4
[Image of Kathy Burke and Harry Enfield as Pam and Stan Herbert]
"The wife and I couldn’t help noticing, Nigel, that you have an ordinary Natwest card whereas we have a gold Coutts card. That says to me that we are considerably richer than you."
9:54 PM · Jul 4, 2023· 24.2K Views

🤣
I used to do variations on this with a Brummie choir member. Mostly, it got laughs... :hmm:

it is funny, but it is worrying, this :
" if this situation is left unchecked, we will sleepwalk towards a China-style social credit system in which only those with the ‘correct’ views are allowed to fully participate in society.”
is a fair point and absolutely a possible future for us all

" if this situation is left unchecked, we will sleepwalk towards a China-style social credit system in which only those with the ‘correct’ views are allowed to fully participate in society.”
It's not really a fair point. Garage has has been excluded from having an account at Coutts, and probably not primarily for the reasons he is claiming.

(ETA: spot the contribution from spell-check)

Last edited:

he was offered another account in an associated bank hardly not taking away the right to free speech
his image did not match the image Coutts want to project into the world fair enough

don't remember Nigel crying when the bakery in Belfast refused to bake the gay cake quite the opposite

odd the people who want to give people right to ban people based on free market and freedom of speech criteria
get pissy when its applied to themselves

Last edited:

What? Have you gone all conspiracy?

What? Have you gone all conspiracy?
What bit of my post is problematic to you? The theoretical possibility of GB adopting a system already in existence elsewhere? What's happening in China is the logical conclusion on a strong state in the modern technological era. We are closer to it than you think.

The protest bill that has gone through is shocking. We already had an arrest the year for someone holding up a blank piece of paper. Police use of facial recognition edges ever forward. Just takes a good crisis and some remaining defences will tumble down.

No need for conspiracy

It's not really a fair point. Garage has has been excluded from having an account at Coutts, and probably not primarily for the reasons he is claiming.

(ETA: spot the contribution from spell-check)
Is the reported document a fake?

What bit of my post is problematic to you? The theoretical possibility of GB adopting a system already in existence elsewhere? What's happening in China is the logical conclusion on a strong state in the modern technological era. We are closer to it than you think.

The protest bill that has gone through is shocking. We already had an arrest the year for someone holding up a blank piece of paper. Police use of facial recognition edges ever forward. Just takes a good crisis and some remaining defences will tumble down.

No need for conspiracy
It's perhaps not absurd to idly speculate that something that happens in one place on earth might one day happen somewhere else.

What is absurd is suggesting that NF's experience with Coutts might represent the opening of some sort of hellmouth.

Back
Top Bottom