Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Murder of Lyra McKee in Londonderry, Apr 18, 2019

It's quite sad really. This girl has been milked dry by the political elites in Ireland and further afield for weeks now. Trendies have latched on to her and have createdd a myth around her achievements. It's actually an insult to her memory on their behalf.
What actually is an insult is her being murdered by some cowardly scumbag who hasn't even got the balls to admit to his actions. Pathetic little man. Scum.

can you produce an example of someone being mauled to death by a rhino when taking a picture of it? it's a fucking stupid comparison.
I think I saw a documentary about this happening*, it was a married couple if I recall correctly . They left an orphaned son who fell through the care system.

I think in the end he was befriended by giant insects and then went to America on a seagull powered Giant Peach. Well I say documentry but it was probably as accurate as Surrey Boy’s pronouncements

(ETA, Actually I think the rhino escaped from a zoo rather than being the talent on a safari.)

I think I saw a documentary about this happening, it was a married couple if I recall correctly . They left an orphaned son who fell through the care system.

I think in the end he was befriended by giant insects and then went to America on a seagull powered Giant Peach. Well I say documentry but it was probably as accurate as Surrey Boy’s pronouncements.
i've found several examples of rhinos injuring people taking pictures but none of an actual death. perhaps there is an example from galway or kerry with which i am unfamiliar

What's the difference between noel Edmunds and nira?
Noel changed after killing somebody in a stupid stunt for tv

Last edited:
I would suspect the Volunteer who carried out that action will always be supported with any trauma he may suffer.

Nothing fixes someone who has killed an innocent person. The mind does not forget and the young person who did this will suffer his own internal hell. No amount of counselling or aupport eliminates the reality he will have to live with because some backyard terrorist said "go!"

Trauma? The nira dont care about trauma. They will not be there to support him because they're not a big enough organisation to do so and they do not have the support you think they have in the community. The lad is fucked whether he gets arrested or not. Whether he does time or not. He will never have the chance to live a productive ordinary working life because some goon handed him a gun and said go shoot up that road and scare a few people.

As for my admiration for McGuinness...yep. I admire him and I know his history. It was a very different time in the 70s to now. And I am not giving you grief as you put it, I am trying to get you to see that nira action is all pointless now.

As for An Creagán? Direct translation is The Creggan.
I call it an Creagán Doire but people here might not know where I was talking about.

On the other hand maybe I'm giving the guy too much credit and maybe he will spend the next 20 years of his life going in and out of jail for criminal activities and murders..maybe he will end up being topped cos at 45 he has finally seen the futility of it all and wants to change things for the better.

It all sounds and seems like a dreadful waste of life.

Nothing fixes someone who has killed an innocent person. The mind does not forget and the young person who did this will suffer his own internal hell. No amount of counselling or aupport eliminates the reality he will have to live with because some backyard terrorist said "go!"

Trauma? The nira dont care about trauma. They will not be there to support him because they're not a big enough organisation to do so and they do not have the support you think they have in the community. The lad is fucked whether he gets arrested or not. Whether he does time or not. He will never have the chance to live a productive ordinary working life because some goon handed him a gun and said go shoot up that road and scare a few people.

As for my admiration for McGuinness...yep. I admire him and I know his history. It was a very different time in the 70s to now. And I am not giving you grief as you put it, I am trying to get you to see that nira action is all pointless now.

I call it an Creagán Doire but people here might not know where I was talking about.
So you admire yer man's duplicity when dealing with members of the nationalist and republican community like auld mrs hegarty

An creagán is surely the rocks

If you're translating, like

McGuinness was having Irish families beaten in their own homes in the late 90s and early 2000s for not going along with his 'peace process'. What do you think of that? Macing kids in the face and battering them?

What actually is an insult is her being murdered by some cowardly scumbag who hasn't even got the balls to admit to his actions. Pathetic little man. Scum.

I remember hearing a report on the radio the morning after she had been murdered and they had a friend of hers talking about her. It felt like such a great and sad unnecessary loss. :(

edit: I didn't know anything about her, but this was a friend who had scheduled to meet her that evening and I couldn't help but be affected. I also can't really comment on the politics of the area but everyone I know from Eire and NI has no time whatsoever for that bullshit.

Last edited:
McGuinness was having Irish families beaten in their own homes in the late 90s and early 2000s for not going along with his 'peace process'. What do you think of that? Macing kids in the face and battering them?

Well as the alternative was a murder a week plus whatever the spooks/prods could contribute a few thugs getting some physical conditioning :D.

The "war" had been lost years ago doing what you always done and expecting diffrent results is insane.

Well as the alternative was a murder a week plus whatever the spooks/prods could contribute a few thugs getting some physical conditioning :D.

The "war" had been lost years ago doing what you always done and expecting diffrent results is insane.
i don't know if you've read the secret history of the ira by ed moloney - if you haven't you should. in sum the book's thesis is that for many years adams and mcguinness and their faction had been running down ira activity in the furtherance of their peace strategy. anthony mcintyre's 'good friday: the death of irish republicanism' is another good read, a collection of articles focusing on sinn fein's betrayal of their constituency and principles. and richard rawe's two books about the hungerstrikes are well worth reading, showing how adams prolonged the hungerstrikes for electoral advantage. so, central figures in the leadership of sinn fein and the ira were calling the shots in a way which secured their position but undermined the armed struggle as sinn fein replaced the ira as the primary organisation in the provisional republican movement.

so while it would have been difficult to 'win' militarily, the provisional movement's leadership actively worked against those within the movement who opposed their agenda, with the republican sinn fein split, with the expulsion of ivor bell, with - some say - the deaths of the eight volunteers at loughall. there's been a great deal to come out over the past 20 years which shows adams and mcguinness in a less than flattering light.

i don't know if you've read the secret history of the ira by ed moloney - if you haven't you should. in sum the book's thesis is that for many years adams and mcguinness and their faction had been running down ira activity in the furtherance of their peace strategy. anthony mcintyre's 'good friday: the death of irish republicanism' is another good read, a collection of articles focusing on sinn fein's betrayal of their constituency and principles. and richard rawe's two books about the hungerstrikes are well worth reading, showing how adams prolonged the hungerstrikes for electoral advantage. so, central figures in the leadership of sinn fein and the ira were calling the shots in a way which secured their position but undermined the armed struggle as sinn fein replaced the ira as the primary organisation in the provisional republican movement.

so while it would have been difficult to 'win' militarily, the provisional movement's leadership actively worked against those within the movement who opposed their agenda, with the republican sinn fein split, with the expulsion of ivor bell, with - some say - the deaths of the eight volunteers at loughall. there's been a great deal to come out over the past 20 years which shows adams and mcguinness in a less than flattering light.
Moloney's definitely worth reading, but the thing is that while he obviously knows his stuff, he equally obviously really really doesn't like these guys. There is no definitive history of either the conflict or the peace process, and no such history is probably possible. So the only thing to do is read the lot, and take appropriate precautions.

As for Gerry and Martin running down the armed struggle, that's probably true, and it was probably correct.

Regarding the "physical conditioning" likesfish just talked about, my understanding is that that pattern of action mapped onto (in at least one case) long term feuds between extended families. . .

Last edited:
The problem for armed republicanism is they never had the numbers, The southern goverment wasnt going to ride to the rescue and couldnt even if it wanted to nobody else was coming.
The Brits and the prods were at least equally bloody minded so it then becomes a war of attrition which pira could never win.
When the Majority of the North really wanted to remain trying to bomb the British out of Northern ireland was never remotely Realistic they just had to hang on and pira exhausted itself along with being inflitrated and technical measures making movement of weapons harder.

Back
Top Bottom