Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Marx on immigration ..

nino_savatte said:
You're rather fond of spewing out this sort of thing, durutti. You know damned well which of my posts you tampered with. I'm not going to find them but be warned: do it again and I will report you.

You're the liar and the smear artist.

You need to grow up.

nino i never DID do anything to any of your posts . if you know of ones you think i did do something with you NEED to produce them.

You cannot accuse someone of something and then not provide evidence can you?????:confused:

as i said PLEASE report me .. it will backfire though as you havew no case

p.s. but you are suceeding in derailing this thread .. well done .. :rolleyes: :(

durruti02 said:
nino i never DID do anything to any of your posts . if you know of ones you think i did do something with you NEED to produce them.

You cannot accuse someone of something and then not provide evidence can you?????:confused:

as i said PLEASE report me .. it will backfire though as you havew no case

p.s. but you are suceeding in derailing this thread .. well done .. :rolleyes: :(

Er, you have a very short memory, durutti. You obviously (and rather conveniently) forgot about the post where you pasted beckyp's words into the post that you were quoting. On another thread, you added numbers to paragraphs that weren't originally there.

Here it is
http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=6216483&postcount=663

I don't need to "produce" them because that is your way of trying to wriggle out of this. Do it again, I will report you (though a fat lot of good that's likely to achieve).

nino_savatte said:
Er, you have a very short memory, durutti. You obviously (and rather conveniently) forgot about the post where you pasted beckyp's words into the post that you were quoting. On another thread, you added numbers to paragraphs that weren't originally there.

Here it is
http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=6216483&postcount=663

I don't need to "produce" them because that is your way of trying to wriggle out of this. Do it again, I will report you (though a fat lot of good that's likely to achieve).

FFS!!:D .. i wrote that i had added numbers for clarity and hoped it was OK and said i woudl not ever do it again if you did not like it!

FFS This is ENTIRELY differrent from your accusation , which incidently you must have made a dozen times and more, that i have tampered with your posts!

you never EVER produced evidence of this continual accusation .. personally i think this is a disgusting way to behave

nino_savatte said:
Aye, it is. Editing other people's post is disgusting. FYI: it's called "cheating".

i have reported this post as you suggest i am cheating or whatever .. again with no evidence .. and again it is derailing the thread

as i said before are you ready to discuss what we might learn from marx and marxism on the current period? ( if anything!:D )

durruti02 said:
i have reported this post as you suggest i am cheating or whatever .. again with no evidence .. and again it is derailing the thread

as i said before are you ready to discuss what we might learn from marx and marxism on the current period? ( if anything!:D )

You're full of hot air, durutti. You tampered with my posts and you have the cheek to deny it. I told you when you did it. Now, as I said before, you either have a very short memory (one that would make a goldfish blush) or you're lying.

How about clearing this up once and for all so we can move on. Can you link to the post in which you claim durruti02 'tampered' with your post please?

These ridiculous spats are ruining p/p, today a report came out noting that inequality in the U.k is the worse for 40 years, we should perhaps discuss that, rather than personalities.

torres said:
How about clearing this up once and for all so we can move on. Can you link to the post in which you claim durruti02 'tampered' with your post please?

What? Spend hours trawling through threads just to please both you and him? I told durutti about this the moment it happened. He's conveniently forgotten.

treelover said:
These ridiculous spats are ruining p/p, today a report came out noting that inequality in the U.k is the worse for 40 years, we should perhaps discuss that, rather than personalities.

Well start a thread about it instead of trying to pin the blame on others.

nino_savatte said:
You're full of hot air, durutti. You tampered with my posts and you have the cheek to deny it. I told you when you did it. Now, as I said before, you either have a very short memory (one that would make a goldfish blush) or you're lying.

post reported as yet again a false accusation of post tampering. and note posts not singel post. so where are they???? if it was sooo bad i would guarantee you would have a record of where it was.

nino_savatte said:
*deep deep sigh

Which post please?

Thanks

*editor retires mumbling that he wishes posters would use the 'ignore function'

editor said:
*deep deep sigh

Which post please?

Thanks

*editor retires mumbling that he wishes posters would use the 'ignore function'

I would have to trawl through 4 or 5 threads and each one has between 10 and 30 pages. I told durutti the moment I noticed what he'd done: he'd cut and pasted beckyp's post into mine and attributed the entire post to me (that's just one example). I don't have the time to look for it and durutti knows this. I do have a life away from the keyboard. But reporting that post probably wouldn't have made much difference; when I report posts, nine times out of ten, I'm told either to "ignore the poster" or that I'm "wasting your time". So why bother?

You tell us to use the ignore function but, tbh, it doesn't work - particularly as far some posters are concerned.

I'd pm you but you'd think that I was being a "pain in the arse".

nino_savatte said:
So where is it? That's the wrong page.

The page number will depend on how many posts you have per page, but the post number is 265, if indeed it is the one you are upset about.

nino_savatte said:
I would have to trawl through 4 or 5 threads and each one has between 10 and 30 pages. I told durutti the moment I noticed what he'd done: he'd cut and pasted beckyp's post into mine and attributed the entire post to me (that's just one example). I don't have the time to look for it and durutti knows this.

this is bullshit nino .. and if it were true you would have it logged somewhere. I remember you saying it now .. it was back in feb/march?? It was not true then and it is not true now. And anyway i thought there were loads of examples!:rolleyes:

and simply if you have no evidence you have to shut up . whether in this matter or any other.

sorry but you have been had ..

please please please deal with the content of threads not whether you believe the poster to be a nazi or whatever .. and FFS you said i was tampering with your posts when i put paragraph numbers in!! ( p.s i will NOT do that again!)

if not i will continue reporting you till you get banned. You are fucking up good political debate .. youhave driven countless people of threads i have started .. and you have consistently accused or insinuated me to be racist or whatever .. it is bullshit posting and it should stop .. i do NOT do the same to you do i???

durruti02 said:
this is bullshit nino .. and if it were true you would have it logged somewhere. I remember you saying it now .. it was back in feb/march?? It was not true then and it is not true now. And anyway i thought there were loads of examples!:rolleyes:

and simply if you have no evidence you have to shut up . whether in this matter or any other.

please please please deal with the content of threads not whether you believe the poster to be a nazi or whatever .. and FFS you said i was tampering with your posts when i put paragraph numbers in!! ( p.s i will NOT do that again!)

if not i will continue reporting you till you get banned. You are fucking up good political debate .. youhave driven countless people of threads i have started .. and you have consistently accused or insinuated me to be racist or whatever .. it is bullshit posting and it should stop .. i do NOT do the same to you do i???

No, it isn't bullshit. I told you as and when it has happened and you denied it every single time.

if not i will continue reporting you till you get banned. You are fucking up good political debate .. youhave driven countless people of threads i have started .. and you have consistently accused or insinuated me to be racist or whatever .. it is bullshit posting and it should stop ..

I won't put up with your emotional blackmail and I won't put up with your threats. As for "good political debate" this tends to be one-sided and rather narrativised (Marx supported immigration controls and so forth).

i do NOT do the same to you do i???

Aye, you do.

please please please deal with the content of threads not whether you believe the poster to be a nazi or whatever

I do "deal with the contents of the thread", you just would rather not deal with a post that either challenges or questions your notions.

You also continue to suggest that my opposition to your ideas and your tactics is based on the presumption that I "suspect" you, specifically, of "racism", Nazism or some other kind of "ism". Not so, that is another one of your smear tactics. Please produce some evidence to support this contention.

nino_savatte said:
I would have to trawl through 4 or 5 threads and each one has between 10 and 30 pages. I told durutti the moment I noticed what he'd done: he'd cut and pasted beckyp's post into mine and attributed the entire post to me (that's just one example). I don't have the time to look for it and durutti knows this. I do have a life away from the keyboard. But reporting that post probably wouldn't have made much difference; when I report posts, nine times out of ten, I'm told either to "ignore the poster" or that I'm "wasting your time". So why bother?

You tell us to use the ignore function but, tbh, it doesn't work - particularly as far some posters are concerned.

I'd pm you but you'd think that I was being a "pain in the arse".
Well what are we supposed to do?
It's impossible to read all threads all the time, so when these things do get reported, it's like turning up to a playground fight with everyone yelling 'he started it!'
A sound judgement is only possible with the sort of indepth knowledge that only the participants have.

So, we can either

1. act like your mums and tell you to stop it, you naughty boys
2. ban all fighters, cos if no-one can play nice, no-one's going to play at all
3. say "try and ignore each other and act like adults"

I'd much rather do 3. as I don't like banning people and it's no hassle.

But seriously, if any 'discipline' is going to be handed out in these sort of long-running shit slinging fests, it'll be a ban for all participants in order to be fair. And I really really don't want to do that. So really, press ignore on the screen and in your head. Every time you feel your fingers going through their muscle memory to put up a hasty rebuke or "as you clearly said in post #35654.123 paragraph 3" just stop, close the window and read something else. It's easy

EDIT: That's for both/all of you.

Crispy said:
It's impossible to read all threads all the time, so when these things do get reported, it's like turning up to a playground fight with everyone yelling 'he started it!'
A sound judgement is only possible with the sort of indepth knowledge that only the participants have.

So, we can either

But seriously, if any 'discipline' is going to be handed out in these sort of long-running shit slinging fests, it'll be a ban for all participants in order to be fair. And I really really don't want to do that. So really, press ignore on the screen and in your head. Every time you feel your fingers going through their muscle memory to put up a hasty rebuke or "as you clearly said in post #35654.123 paragraph 3" just stop, close the window and read something else. It's easy

Sure, but this is what I have to contend with.

i will continue reporting you till you get banned.

What is the basis for this threat? Well here's the crux of the matter: some posters object to any challenge to the prevailing current of opinion - on this forum - regarding immigration on this forum. This has led to a certain poster threatening to get a particular poster (me) banned from Urban. I could have easily reported durutti each time he 'upset' me but I haven't. I actually reported the post in question at the time iirc but nothing was ever done about it.

I don't expect you to read every thread but I do expect some fairness. I won't say anymore but I could pm you with a few more details....though I suppose this is the last thing you really want.

durruti02 said:

Just because you've garnered a few votes in some popularity poll doesn't give you a reason to act like some deluded fool.

As Editor notes use the 'ignore function' ffs.

Crispy said:

So, we can either

EDIT: That's for both/all of you.

sorry crispy this is bullshit .. when have i ever contravened posting codes??? yet when i get pissed off with bullshit accusations and FINALLY aftyer months of this you say you might ban both of us??? this is moderating???

i do not follow around other posters like nino and LnL and others do. I stick to one or two threads and try to get in deep debate on them

your stance means nino can continue to go around claiming I tamper with his posts WITH NO EVIDENCE AT ALL and I can get a ban for not ignoring this???

sorry crispy FN and editor .. this is not good enough .. a lot of posters have been driven off threads i have started cos ninos posting 'style'.

Even though Ed asked him to produce evidence he still will not.

But it is more than this .. he has been doing rule breaking posts for months with NO action from yourselves .. and yes i DID ignore it. I will not anymore.

yet again in his Post 531 he claims i say "(Marx supported immigration controls and so forth)." with NO evidence and totally wrongly. When you point out with references he just bullshits.

Sorry to tell you your job but surely stopping people ruin threads comes into it somewhere?

this was his FIRST post in this thread 219

"Are you a "Marxist", durutti or are you just a bullshitter? Odd how you begand this thread with the statement "Marx on immigration" and then proceed to paint Marx as a racist with this bizarre quote (I also note that none of the text that you used in the OP was cited). ... I get the feeling that you're not being entirely straight and have begun a lot of these threads to please your ego."

this is a typical nino post .. starts with a personal attack, follows with a inaccurate accusation ( about me painting marx as a racist .. i used a qoute from marx :rolleyes: ) .. followed by by bullshit insinuation.

a few posts later we get this 233 "You're a thick fucking twat"

his style is continuously abusive to posters who disagree with him, and equally continuously makes unsubstantiated ( and smearing ) accusations and insinuations e.g. on the griffin thread 205 "You and baldwin are hardline anit-immigrationists" which is just total and utter bullshit and has been refuted a hundred times. YET NINO KNOWS BEST KNOWS WHAT WE ALL THINK ..

a classic nino post was this smear/attack on the griffin thread was his post 355 "To you, they are all the same and they are here taking our housing, our shitty low-paid jobs and fucking our women" .. (p.s. i reported this post with no response frm the Mods .. Why not?)

one of his best was accusingme of not knowing any black people and when i pointed my best/known longest mate was black he just says i am a liar! :D

putting people on ignore has a place, but when i am regularly being accused essentially of being racist and anti-immigrant tbh i need to come back on that. No?

crispy like i said if your job is anything, it must be to stop posting of this order. Why is it allowed?

nino_savatte said:
This has led to a certain poster threatening to get a particular poster (me) banned from Urban.

This is as meaningful as a certain poster threatening to set his pack of trained monkeybats on you. It's a meaningless threat, because posters do not have the power to ban other posters.

Look, I understand why you're getting angry - it's because I don't know what the fuck's going on, and I've professed not to care. And I'll be honest here - I don't know what's going on because it bores the living cat crap out of me. I read the threads I'm interested in, and when posts get reported I read those too. But I don't see the big picture, and shouldn't be expected to - there are 4000 new posts per day on urban and I won't read them all.

Now, having said that, I'll take some time this evening to read through this thread and see if I can see what's going on. I might even spank someone's wrist, if it turns out someone's being childish enough to respond to such childish measures.

"Why is this allowed" is the wrong sort of question. It implies a continuous vetting process of permitted and forbidden activity. As far as I'm concerned my responsibilities as a moderator are, in order of importance:

1. Remove material that is illegal or could lead to urban75 being sued
2. Ban spammers and delete spam
3. Verify new users
4. Correct spelling mistakes in thread titles, move threads, merge threads, bin threads
5. Tell off grown men and women for bickering at each other.

Crispy said:
This is as meaningful as a certain poster threatening to set his pack of trained monkeybats on you. It's a meaningless threat, because posters do not have the power to ban other posters.

I understand what you're saying but some posters actively seek to get others banned from Urban. I've seen this sort of thing happen before.

durruti02 said:
sorry crispy this is bullshit .. when have i ever contravened posting codes??? yet when i get pissed off with bullshit accusations and FINALLY aftyer months of this you say you might ban both of us??? this is moderating???

i do not follow around other posters like nino and LnL and others do. I stick to one or two threads and try to get in deep debate on them

your stance means nino can continue to go around claiming I tamper with his posts WITH NO EVIDENCE AT ALL and I can get a ban for not ignoring this???

sorry crispy FN and editor .. this is not good enough .. a lot of posters have been driven off threads i have started cos ninos posting 'style'.

Even though Ed asked him to produce evidence he still will not.

But it is more than this .. he has been doing rule breaking posts for months with NO action from yourselves .. and yes i DID ignore it. I will not anymore.

yet again in his Post 531 he claims i say "(Marx supported immigration controls and so forth)." with NO evidence and totally wrongly. When you point out with references he just bullshits.

Sorry to tell you your job but surely stopping people ruin threads comes into it somewhere?

this was his FIRST post in this thread 219

"Are you a "Marxist", durutti or are you just a bullshitter? Odd how you begand this thread with the statement "Marx on immigration" and then proceed to paint Marx as a racist with this bizarre quote (I also note that none of the text that you used in the OP was cited). ... I get the feeling that you're not being entirely straight and have begun a lot of these threads to please your ego."

this is a typical nino post .. starts with a personal attack, follows with a inaccurate accusation ( about me painting marx as a racist .. i used a qoute from marx :rolleyes: ) .. followed by by bullshit insinuation.

a few posts later we get this 233 "You're a thick fucking twat"

his style is continuously abusive to posters who disagree with him, and equally continuously makes unsubstantiated ( and smearing ) accusations and insinuations e.g. on the griffin thread 205 "You and baldwin are hardline anit-immigrationists" which is just total and utter bullshit and has been refuted a hundred times. YET NINO KNOWS BEST KNOWS WHAT WE ALL THINK ..

a classic nino post was this smear/attack on the griffin thread was his post 355 "To you, they are all the same and they are here taking our housing, our shitty low-paid jobs and fucking our women" .. (p.s. i reported this post with no response frm the Mods .. Why not?)

one of his best was accusingme of not knowing any black people and when i pointed my best/known longest mate was black he just says i am a liar! :D

putting people on ignore has a place, but when i am regularly being accused essentially of being racist and anti-immigrant tbh i need to come back on that. No?

crispy like i said if your job is anything, it must be to stop posting of this order. Why is it allowed?

Moe sinned against than sinning. Anyone would think that you were totally innocent. :rolleyes:

Do you always threaten other posters with bannings (even though you don't have the power?).

Back
Top Bottom