Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Newspaper Headlines!

Happy story to start the weekend. :cool:

1729326758299.png

Four-year-old Shrub was rejected by parents Forest and Mathilda, who also had a difficult start in life.

Birdworld keepers discovered Mathilda had successfully hatched an egg but neither parent was willing to be the caregiver. The job of raising Shrub then fell to Nugget - a small Bantam Hen and she taught the hatchling skills such as eating and walking.

Polly Bramham, living collections manager, said: “Shrub’s mother, Mathilda, laid eggs in the summer, and Forest didn’t seem to be incubating them.

Funeral home in Poland apologises after body falls from hearse into traffic​

Local media published an image of the body lying on a white-striped pedestrian crossing, where it had tumbled out of the hearse.

The company transporting the body, Hades funeral services, issued a statement on Saturday taking responsibility for the incident and blaming a technical failure of the hearse.”

Funeral home in Poland apologises after body falls from hearse into traffic​

Local media published an image of the body lying on a white-striped pedestrian crossing, where it had tumbled out of the hearse.

The company transporting the body, Hades funeral services, issued a statement on Saturday taking responsibility for the incident and blaming a technical failure of the hearse.”

The rather chilling story of the octogenarian steel conker cheat of Northamptonshire has gone national.

View attachment 447010

Cheating alleged after men’s world conker champion found with steel chestnut

It's actually quite sweet, the guy's been competing without winning since 1977, and this year he decides to nobble the competition by being chief stringer for the other contestants (yes, chief stringer, who even knew?) and also use a steel fucking conker. Allegedly.

This is in the cheese-rolling-leg-break, horse fair drowning, largest-ever-Morris-dance category of local news, it's actually bigger than local. It has national ramifications.

Thank God the Guardian have spotted it, before it spreads.

He's been cleared. :cool:

After a thorough investigation, no less. :D

On Monday, the World Conker Championships announced that their thorough review, including video and photo analysis, witness statements, and examination of the conkers used, confirmed Jakins' win was legitimate. They verified that the steel conker had not been used in play and that the conkers from Jakins' victorious matches bore marks consistent with use in the tournament.

I’ve been to Düsseldorf several times, so honorary local news to me.

View attachment 447953

Apparently no. 40 on the menu did the trick.

I mean... running drugs with pizza delivery has to be one of the oldest ones in the book. Granted it was always weed IME, but I can see branching out into coke. It is (or was, at least) a heavily cash in hand business so you get to launder your money and deal the narcotics, complete with usually teenaged or foreign workers to do the dirty bits.

Back
Top Bottom