Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Newspaper Headlines!

Well, that was a Kinder Surprise. :D

She [PC Green] said: "Maddock and Hewitson were well aware of the law, and they have had multiple opportunities to re-think what they were doing. Amnesty bins were in place at entrance points of the site for prohibited items, but despite this, they continued in their efforts to smuggle in harmful and illegal drugs.
I do wonder though - if someone did drop trousers and squat by the amnesty bin to get their kinder surprise out, would that not cause a bit of a scene? Would security really not ask them to leave?

And, the 'International Bonehead of the Day' award goes to -

What a twat! :facepalm: :D
There's a lot of people out there who seem to operate on the basis that the normal rules don't apply to them...or that they'll never get caught. And are then shocked and surprised when they are.

I'd imagine it's probably a part of normal police procedure to keep an eye on who's driving home after a court date.

1_PAY-Newsflash-CookieMonsterSpeeding-01.jpg

One just down the road from me...

One man has launched a campaign in a bid to change what he calls the "fun deficit" in his city.

Calling himself the Chichester Anti-Recreation Partnership (Carp), he has put up spoof signs around central Chichester to make people laugh, but also highlight issues impacting the community.

Carp, who lives and works locally and does not want to be identified, told the BBC he wanted to satirise the city's "overregulation and lack of fun" after he noticed that warning or prohibited signs were "everywhere".

1728891652678.png
1728891666817.png
1728891681752.png
1728891695402.png

:D

Carp said he also wanted to "raise awareness "about wider problems affecting the community, such as "the sewage crisis, poor state of roads and uneven pavements".

"Humour has this unique ability to disarm people - it lowers their defences and allows them to consider issues from a fresh perspective," he said.

"It reframes problems in a way that’s more approachable and less confrontational, which makes it easier to get your message across and spark discussions."

I bet people find them amusing, well except the council, of course.

Carp said his message was "gaining momentum quickly" - with some images going viral on TikTok - though he added the council was quick to take the signs down.

^ That story was featured on my BBC regional news tonight. :D

I am only just now watching the report, other signs that amused me -

Over looking the railway, 'CAUNTION TRAINS, Trainspotting Discouraged,'

Over looking a dried-up stream, 'Water Removed For Dry Cleaning - brought to you by Southern Water.'

And, this corker -

At a park, 'Grass not for Recreational Use. Medicinal Use Only.' :D

The rather chilling story of the octogenarian steel conker cheat of Northamptonshire has gone national.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_04118308-ec69-11e9-b931-c019e957f02a.jpg

Cheating alleged after men’s world conker champion found with steel chestnut

It's actually quite sweet, the guy's been competing without winning since 1977, and this year he decides to nobble the competition by being chief stringer for the other contestants (yes, chief stringer, who even knew?) and also use a steel fucking conker. Allegedly.

This is in the cheese-rolling-leg-break, horse fair drowning, largest-ever-Morris-dance category of local news, it's actually bigger than local. It has national ramifications.

Thank God the Guardian have spotted it, before it spreads.

The rather chilling story of the octogenarian steel conker cheat of Northamptonshire has gone national.

View attachment 447010

Cheating alleged after men’s world conker champion found with steel chestnut

It's actually quite sweet, the guy's been competing without winning since 1977, and this year he decides to nobble the competition by being chief stringer for the other contestants (yes, chief stringer, who even knew?) and also use a steel fucking conker. Allegedly.

This is in the cheese-rolling-leg-break, horse fair drowning, largest-ever-Morris-dance category of local news, it's actually bigger than local. It has national ramifications.

Thank God the Guardian have spotted it, before it spreads.
Anyone who confers a royal title upon themselves is to be regarded with suspicion for starters. Add to that his alleged string marking of larger conkers his possible steel conker shenanigans and love of real ale and the case for the prosecution looks pretty solid. Innocent until proven guilty of course but just saying…

Back
Top Bottom