Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Newspaper Headlines!

Art at Tyntesfield National Trust house looks like ‘pile of poo’​

And to be fair, it does

View attachment 442920

Obligatory outraged quote:

''Parents are being given warnings that their children might be upset by it…. is this what we want?''

Should be stoned to death…

View attachment 443150

TBF - "Dougall had claimed he was trying to help people buy industrial hemp products as CBD (cannabidiol) treatments to ease epilepsy, manage anxiety, insomnia and treat chronic pain." so wasn't ripping people off.

It's certainly an odd case...

THC — the psychoactive ingredient which is present at levels of 15-30 per cent in the cannabis indica plant — is what gets people “high” when they smoke or otherwise ingest hashish or marijuana.

However, hemp comes from a different variety of the plant, cannabis sativa, which is an important ingredient in CBD products and contains less than 0.2 per cent THC.

UK police forces class all cannabis sativa, regardless of THC content, as a controlled substance, an element of the Misuse of Drugs Act which has long hindered the CBD and hemp industries.

The Scottish conviction, the first of its kind north of the border, is at odds with similar court cases in England where guilty verdicts have been overturned.

In the “Uncle Herb” case last year the Court of Appeal made it clear that it did not consider hemp flower with a THC content below 0.2 per cent as “a narcotic drug”.

It ruled that under EU law, which superseded UK law at the time, it was unlawful to place any restriction on the movement of cannabis sativa, or hemp, with a THC level of below 0.2 per cent, as it was an agricultural product.

The 'Uncle Herb' case...

In 2020 Eleanor and Alexandra Margiotta and Dean Taylor, the proprietors of Uncle Herb, an online UK CBD flower retailer, were arrested and charged with the offence of importing cannabis from Italy. The prosecution forced the closure of the business, but Eleanor Margiotta took the case to the Court of Appeal, where she argued that under EU law it was unlawful to place a restriction on the movement of cannabis sativa, or hemp, with a THC level of below 0.2 per cent, because it was an agricultural product. The trading in the case took place before Brexit, when laws regarding the free movement of goods across the EU applied in the UK.

She argued that the effect of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 was to criminalise cannabis without regard to THC content, which put an unlawful restriction on the movement of the hemp. Last year the Court of Appeal ruled that CBD flower with a THC content of less than 0.2 per cent is not narcotic and therefore the company could not have broken the 1971 law.

"We can confirm that the 0854 Reading to Gatwick was terminated at Redhill after a couple of squirrels boarded the train at Gomshall without tickets, breaching railway byeclaws," the spokesperson said.

"We attempted to remove them at Redhill, but one refused to leave and was returned to Reading to bring an end to this nutty tail."

:facepalm: :D

Art at Tyntesfield National Trust house looks like ‘pile of poo’​

And to be fair, it does

View attachment 442920

I know very little about modern art, but Had they said that was by Anish Kapoor I would not have been in the least but surprised and nobody would have questioned it.

TBF - "Dougall had claimed he was trying to help people buy industrial hemp products as CBD (cannabidiol) treatments to ease epilepsy, manage anxiety, insomnia and treat chronic pain." so wasn't ripping people off.

It's certainly an odd case...

The 'Uncle Herb' case...

I know - it was just an amusing headline at first glance but I appreciate it might not bear scrutiny 🙂. I prefer all my cannabinols intact - it’s like decaffeinated coffee.

crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

Back
Top Bottom