Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Newspaper Headlines!

Last edited:
Let's have a moment with the Royals.

1726045089420.png

No need for a debate, they are shit. :D

Antrim and Newtownabbey councillor Vera McWilliam told BBC News NI: “We have to be honest, it does not resemble the queen in any shape or form.”

Richard from Antrim said he was "really disappointed" after seeing the statue online and then coming to see it with his wife.

"Whoever signed that off needs their eyes tested. It's not good," he added.

Then, just along the coast from me, there's this horror. :D

1726045326778.jpeg

The four-bedroom property in Viaduct Road features a giant mural of Princes William and Harry dressed as characters from Breaking Bad which sprawls across the entire façade of the terraced house and its neighbouring property. The bizarre image is accompanied by “breaking up” and “we are the danger”, alluding to the royal brothers’ estrangement.

Estate Agent John Hilton makes no mention of the graffitied façade adorning the £425,000 property in the online advertisement, but describes it as the “ideal investment opportunity” situated in a “popular location for students” and close to the “vibrant Preston Circus.”

I guess he's to embarrassed. :D

Couple banned from even looking at their neighbour's home have charges dropped

It's the picture that makes it :D

image-cdf0.jpeg

1726392379338.png

In Castle Gardens in Leicester city centre, the council has put a "Happy to Chat" sign on one of the benches making it a handy place to go if you want to make friends. It's clearly a nice thing. But also a bit weird.

I'd been heading out to spend a morning in court when my editor sent a message suggesting I go and sit on the bench on my way home later to see if anyone talks to me. So at lunchtime on the hottest day of the year so far I take a stroll to the park, sit down on the bench in the shade of a tree and wait.

I try to be friendly-looking - but not too desperate. I remember a joke about how if someone gets on a train and you don't want them to sit next to you, just smile directly at them while patting the empty seat beside you.

At the 24-minute mark I get a message from my editor: "Is everyone ignoring you?" Yes they are, just like you probably knew they would. After half an hour I give up and go home.

One thing about the solo passers-by I had noticed was that pretty much every single one of them was either looking down at their phone or else chatting on their phone. Maybe that was my mistake?

What did they make of a man sitting on a bench not looking at his phone? I'm sure many of them thought: "Who's this phoneless idiot? What kind of freak sits on a bench, just sitting there, staring at nothing? And doesn't he notice that stink of urine?"

The British way. :D

View attachment 442787

The British way. :D
We have one of them in my town. You don't need to actually sit on it to have a chat with a stranger, the drunks and junkies who inhabit it are more than happy to yell abuse at you, simply for just walking along, past it, minding your own business. It's clearly been such a resounding success, the council have put in several more benches there. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom