Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laughing gas: Experts warn nitrous oxide ban will not stop use

By all accounts frothing cream using CO2 is pretty disgusting.
There's a YT video of someone trying milk in a Sparklets ...

There are nicotine-free vapes. Often those are the ones kids use. I fail to see the attraction.

From what is known (which isn't loads) it may very well be that the fruit flavouring is the worst thing for you in them. Worse than the nicotine.
Oh yes - and something about huffing glycerol ...

There are nicotine-free vapes. Often those are the ones kids use. I fail to see the attraction.

From what is known (which isn't loads) it may very well be that the fruit flavouring is the worst thing for you in them. Worse than the nicotine.
All vapes and juices are classed as nicotine products though. Even without the nicotine.

"Laughing gas" was popularised by Sir Humphry Davy, noted chemist and inventor of the Davy Lamp, in 1800. On Boxing Day 1799 he tested it on himself in a vessel designed by James Watt (the bloke watts as a unit of electricity are named after). He loved it and conducted a number of 'experiments' with Nitrous Oxide on his esteemed friends and colleagues, not all of whom were there in the interests of pure science. Laughing Gas formed the basis of Davy's Friendship with Samuel Taylor Colridge. They were so busy getting high nobody thought to use it as an anaesthetic for another 50 years.

This is a good traditional British drug damnit and the Conservative Party should be ashamed of themselves trying to outlaw it.

I don't know if it has caught on up here... yet.

It's always been fairly niche in central-belter land. Something you'd see every so often at after-parties, crusty and or DIY fests, Hogmanay which as we all know lasts until the 2nd of Jan (I think it's fair to say this demographic is the highest :D use potential.)

And people are just silly wit it, sit down ffs.

Saw many people, after 2plus days with a 1gram of MDMA ,1 of ket, uncountable riduco»«bifters , no food and only swallies for hydration

tip over into tent pegs, campfires, napping folk ect.ect

to give a time frame this is 04to2016ish

"Laughing gas" was popularised by Sir Humphry Davy, noted chemist and inventor of the Davy Lamp, in 1800. On Boxing Day 1799 he tested it on himself in a vessel designed by James Watt (the bloke watts as a unit of electricity are named after). He loved it and conducted a number of 'experiments' with Nitrous Oxide on his esteemed friends and colleagues, not all of whom were there in the interests of pure science. Laughing Gas formed the basis of Davy's Friendship with Samuel Taylor Colridge. They were so busy getting high nobody thought to use it as an anaesthetic for another 50 years.

This is a good traditional British drug damnit and the Conservative Party should be ashamed of themselves trying to outlaw it.
Wrong sort of people doing it now.

Bring back laudanum and nobody will give a toss about nitrous oxide any more.

By the time I think of a use for them, they'll probably go out of fashion.
The small ones are made of steel and will rust away.
The big ones look superficially like heavy gauge aluminium alloy.

I once was knocked unconscious by ethyl chloride.

It was way back in the day, I was volunteering at the West Fife Hospital in Dunfermline.

I was working in Casualty as it was then. They had two little theatres, septic and aseptic. Septic was boils etc, aseptic was suturing.

On the day it was a toenail removal, the area had been ringblocked with lignocaine, but the guy was still feeling pain. I was sat on a stool beside his foot spraying ethyl chloride onto the op site to block the last of the pain. Then the world spun, and I awoke on a trolley. Hot day, rapidly evaporating anaesthetic liquid... boing. I have never been as hungover in my life, pounding head and nausea. As they say, I didn't do that again. :)

Back
Top Bottom