Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Just Stop Les Misérables

No difference.
I must confess that I haven't been to many musical theatre performances, (although I did recently go to the Barbican to see Strange Loop), so I'll have to bow to your greater experience in these matters. That said, as I sat and enjoyed the theatrical experience I wasn't aware of picking up any strong or overt political vibe from my fellow audience members. You must have pretty finely attuned political antenna.

So what exactly? Are we supposed to judge people by their own opinions/not really at all instead of wide generalisations?

Nonsense argument. West end shows, musical or otherwise, are as socially and politically varied as any other form of cultural expression or entertainment. Matilda is on the West End. Are parents taking their kids to see it likely to be climate change deniers? :confused: Perhaps if the show in question had been ‘Margaret Thatcher: The Musical’, the claim might have carried some weight.

Nonsense argument. West end shows, musical or otherwise, are as socially and politically varied as any other form of cultural expression or entertainment. Matilda is on the West End. Are parents taking their kids to see it likely to be climate change deniers? :confused: Perhaps if the show in question had been ‘Margaret Thatcher: The Musical’, the claim might have carried some weight.
Obviously, I just hate musicals in general. Skipped episodes of series I loved based on it being one.

Obviously, I just hate musicals in general. Skipped episodes of series I loved based on it being one.
That is fine to either love or hate them goes without saying. But that’s a discussion for the entertainment forum. I hate baked beans but wouldn’t go as far as saying those who love them are climate deniers.

That is fine to either love or hate them goes without saying. But that’s a discussion for the entertainment forum. I hate baked beans but wouldn’t go as far as saying those who love them are climate deniers.
Well, they seem very comfortable about producing substantial amounts of methane.

But the amount of greenhouse gases they fart out can't be good for the environment!!!

This isn't the entertainment forum?

A performance of the musical Les Misérables was disrupted by protestors from Just Stop Oil last night (Wednesday 4th October),

What do people think about this?
I think it says something about this country. That Tarquin , Horatio and whoever can continue to ruin Mater & Pater's nights out and social calender with things like this Gylnborne. RHS Chelsea, Wimbledon etc makes us a fairly unique culture...you don't see Russian stop the war protesters hastling the Bolshoi or stopping traffic in Bejing. But that's their lookout

Back
Top Bottom