Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kemi Badenoch discussion

Just had to check which Tennant. Thought it was Neil for a bit
I'm sure he feels the same, if anyone thought to ask him.
He was a big New Labour backer, so probably not welcome here. But I can't imagine he'd think much of Badenoch. Although he did say:
the Labour project could do with an infusion of idealism
before the election.

At the end of the day this is a petty squable of who gets to be the 2020s William Hague for a bit.

Whoever next leads the Tory party won't be the next Prime Minister.

I'm looking forward to the day when the newly elected "Leader of Barely the Opposition" becomes a largely forgotten political footnote, as Hague is.

Conservative Party members are more racist and right-wing than Conservative voters in particular the Radio 4/National Trust types in the home counties homeland.
Do you mean that radio 4 /national trust types are more racist or?

I don't listen to it or have a NT pass so not being defensive just wasn't sure. :D

At the end of the day this is a petty squable of who gets to be the 2020s William Hague for a bit.

Whoever next leads the Tory party won't be the next Prime Minister.

I'm looking forward to the day when the newly elected "Leader of Barely the Opposition" becomes a largely forgotten political footnote, as Hague is.
Yes but they'll get to be Foreign Secretary or something when the blue dawn arrives.

some right wing types are claiming the British public want a genuine right wing option.

think mostly they want someone whose competant and not corrupt or at least not obviously corrupt unfortunately that appears to be too much to ask.

Do you mean that radio 4 /national trust types are more racist or?

I don't listen to it or have a NT pass so not being defensive just wasn't sure. :D
i think the post suggests that many of the people who have voted conservative even in the period 2015 to 2024 were 'one nation tories' the people who would agreed with the sentiments that Ken Clarke and michael Heseltine expressed about ' if i were a young man now , i would not be joining the Conservative party ' ... it would be interestign to see what a (original )SDP - like (not the new fash one) party would do coming from the one nation tory side of things rather than the centrist end of Labour

I would imagine that more than a few of the "Tory backwoods persons" as once they were known, would dislike much of the output of Radio 4.

Steaming turd of an article from current chief TERF at the Graun, Sodha, which could be shortened to “I’m not an apologist for Badenoch really, but like me she hates the transes, which I think is really, really popular.”
I thought that was an interesting article. Certainly didn't see anything hateful.

Steaming turd of an article from current chief TERF at the Graun, Sodha, which could be shortened to “I’m not an apologist for Badenoch really, but like me she hates the transes, which I think is really, really popular.”
"When the struggle in the first years of opposition is to get any airtime at all, "
Really?

I thought that was an interesting article. Certainly didn't see anything hateful.

But on the fraught issue of sex and gender, her position is not, in the main, out of step with the public and she may be able to embarrass Starmer, who has in the past shown bewildering levels of prevarication on whether biological sex matters when it comes to single-sex services, sports and spaces.

For 'the public' read, 'weird trans-obsessed ghouls like me and my friends'.

As usual, Sodha seems to feel no cognitive dissonance at all when saying, 'this woman is a far-right loon' and, 'she agrees with me about trans people' in the same breath. This suggests she knows she's also peddling a far-right ideology and simply doesn't care because getting revenge on all the trans people who hurt her is more important.

Back
Top Bottom