Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Just when I thought the Olympics couldn't depress me further....

So the torch comes to Reading tonight and what's this? Council people cleaning the streets, nice hanging baskets appearing everywhere. Why can't we show the town as it really is? What's the point in papering over all the cracks?

they did that here too, bet they've done it everywhere!
would be an interesting comparison for someone to take pics of...blasted bits where torch went and dirty stinking bits where it didn't
all for the cameras "moment to shine" puke

Team GB willing to go to extreme lengths to secure gold medals - let us win or we'll blow the whole place to kingdom come.

So the torch comes to Reading tonight and what's this? Council people cleaning the streets, nice hanging baskets appearing everywhere. Why can't we show the town as it really is? What's the point in papering over all the cracks?
Yeah, well this morning in Caversham they even brought out the *sun*. Great. They're happy for us peasants to wallow in rainful misery all year long, but bring out the sun for the bloody torch relay. I'm sure they'll be pretty quick in covering the sun back up as soon as the Olympic circus leaves town. :mad:

Yeah, well this morning in Caversham they even brought out the *sun*. Great. They're happy for us peasants to wallow in rainful misery all year long, but bring out the sun for the bloody torch relay. I'm sure they'll be pretty quick in covering the sun back up as soon as the Olympic circus leaves town. :mad:

It was nice wasnt't it? Bit of a let down though. I went down with my little girl, stood in Caversham Court for 20 mins, and then saw a man with an oversized lighter walk past me. Pretty much the whole crowd turned to each other and said, is that it?

If it had rained I'd have been in a filthy mood.

Best thing was seeing all the folks from around Caversham turn up. Reminded me of the snow storm a few years ago when the roads were closed for a few days and everyone was walking everywhere. The torch relay itself? Very meh.

Back
Top Bottom