Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill's attack on transsexuals...

none the wiser, burd or geezer?

She's a woman . She called perez hilton (gossip monger and annoying tit) a 'messy faggot'. She said this wasn't homophobic as it describes 'any man who acts like a woman'.

Some one posted this hilarious article on the laurie penny thread - http://crunkfeministcollective.word...ealia-banks-and-white-gay-cis-male-privilege/

Its a great example of the end game of privilege politics - apparently calling him a faggots fine cos the real issue is white gay male stealing black women cultural bodies 9or some such :rolleyes:

That was me. It's a good crash course in the dialect.

firky - runs a blog like TMZ focusing on celebrity etc. Two sentences here: He's a nasty self promoting type and has employed misogyny, racial stereotypes etc when dealing with celebrities. He's Cuban American, and gay too. He's an annoying prick for the first sentence, not the second.

She's a woman . She called perez hilton (gossip monger and annoying tit) a 'messy faggot'. She said this wasn't homophobic as it describes 'any man who acts like a woman'.

Some one posted this hilarious article on the laurie penny thread - http://crunkfeministcollective.word...ealia-banks-and-white-gay-cis-male-privilege/

Its a great example of the end game of privilege politics - apparently calling him a faggots fine cos the real issue is white gay male stealing black women cultural bodies 9or some such :rolleyes:
cheesus! read the article - :rolleyes:

cheesus! read the article - :rolleyes:
who the JSPRC is perez hilton?
gossip monger on the internets

@bindelj: @PennyRed @bindelj Not promoting, saying what is true, that it was a long time coming as a response after the hatred doled out by some trans

:facepalm: For fucks sake Bindel. Radical feminist my smelly trainers.

right, read the Moore article - maybe as I'm not transexual I didn't see what was offensive in it - can someone point out the offending bits? Birchall was trolling - haven't read the Bindle stuff yet though

revealing this ain't it. as soon as one of their own clan is attacked the observer's only too happy to print a load of bigoted shit that probably even the daily mail wouldn't touch and alienate half their social worker readership - cronies before principles (even sacredly held ones) everytime

right, read the Moore article - maybe as I'm not transexual I didn't see what was offensive in it - can someone point out the offending bits? Birchall was trolling - haven't read the Bindle stuff yet though

http://storify.com/leftytgirl/suzanne-moore-timeline-of-trans-misogynistic-twitt

It's this, the intial 'brazilian transsexual' comment could have been sorted - the exploding intentional stuff, and refusal to recognise any of it or apologise is what caused the storm.

Read this, zoom in if you have to - tis worth it:

Viz of course have picked up on it :D

They republished this from 1999

537361_460177100710409_1651268349_n.jpg

revealing this ain't it. as soon as one of their own clan is attacked the observer's only too happy to print a load of bigoted shit that probably even the daily mail wouldn't touch and alienate half their social worker readership - cronies before principles (even sacredly held ones) everytime
No no, they're just starting a debate!

Didn't spot this but the Guardian is already distancing it's self, from one of their web-team:

Hi. I just wanted to say, in response to comments like this and others I've seen on Twitter, that should you wish to complain about the decision to publish this piece, it is an Observer column, not a Guardian one (though of course, we share a website, so it's understandable that online readers don't make this distinction).

The Observer has its own readers' editor:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/observer-readers-editor

I saw Rusbridger making it very clear on Twitter that this was definitely the Observer of which he is definitely not the editor.

I saw Rusbridger making it very clear on Twitter that this was definitely the Observer of which he is definitely not the editor.

Yeh, I saw that.

I wonder if this will be the first push of the snowball that leads to a separate website for the Observer.

There's not much between them. They are two different heads on the lernaen hydra.

How many cliches can I get into one post?

Yeh, I saw that.

I wonder if this will be the first push of the snowball that leads to a separate website for the Observer.

There's not much between them. They are two different heads on the lernaen hydra.

How many cliches can I get into one post?
More than two you slacker :D

so twitter rage wasn't caused by the article, but by Moore's reaction on Twitter to the article, which made it worse - Moore did get arsey tbf -

Then her guardian article defending only the brazilian transsexual comment without mentioning her arseyness.

Well done. That's the first time I've seen someone make that mistake the other way round. Her name is Burchill and is thankfully no relation of mine.
right - didn't look right when I wrote it but couldn't be bothered checking :facepalm:

I used to hate twitter but so many prominent people have hung themselves on it.

The only person who seems to realise how powerful it is is John Prescott and he uses it to great effect. Never thought I'd say anything like that but it is true.

Yes I have previously marvelled that someone like Prescott, so sneered at in the press and by some of his peers for his lack of fancy vocabulary, was able to harness twitter with such bruising effect. Twitter and other bits of the net gives us back a kind of heckling that was somewhat lost in the era where television replaced local meetings.

[QUOTE="elbows":::] Twitter and other bits of the net gives us back a kind of heckling that was somewhat lost in the era where television replaced local meetings.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting point that.

Back
Top Bottom