Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ITALY vs England

"produced George Best" :D As if your football association had anything to do with his genes! Or did they just dismantle the whole system that produced him because, y'know, one's enough, right?

his genes?

I see you're on the cutting edge of science, clown.

No-one to support. 207 nations to impotently rail against. :(

Someone get this man a nation. My heart is breaking just looking at his posts.
A truly international citizen, he sits down scowling whatever anthem the band strike up.

Hodgson will make the best of shit materials, the problems is this only serves to mask the problem of the shit materials in the first place.

Hodgson will make the best of shit materials, the problems is this only serves to mask the problem of the shit materials in the first place.
Really is a good generation coming through, and he'll make the best of them. Can actually pass the ball etc.

well, like I said before, I didn't expect anything, so I'm not too disappointed. But... I seriously hope Hodgson's got a plan to move on from here. The limitations of this group of players is very obvious.

Really is a good generation coming through, and he'll make the best of them. Can actually pass the ball etc.

Wilshere and Cleverly can hopefully do just that.

I imagine Carrick is sitting at home drinking beer and laughing his balls off.

I suppopse thats the end of Roy's honeymoon period,get off to a bad start in the WC qualifiers and he'll be compared to various vegetables.

me too! though i went both ways on it in the end.

we're blaming ashley cole here.
I'm also trying to blame a chicken livered 6th official not seeing rooney having his shirt pulled - and also rooney getting banned to that he wasn't fit for the knock out. Trying, that's about all. England were comendably 'together' throughout the tournament, but their bottle went when it came to doing anything offensive tonight. The pass completion statistics were shocking (evidence of our eyes was even clearer). Really good teams have to be able to soak up pressure, but then be able to click into offensive mode when they get the chance. Great last ditch defending but their failure to keep their nerve whenever they got the ball was pretty awful.

All well,at least we'll be spared the 'Lets Blitz the Fritz' and other such humourous 'banter' from the tabloids this week

Your sarcasm is rigtully directed, I only ot a C in double science :(

So enlighten me, what did the Northern Irish FA to to "produce" George Best, and why have they not done it since?

well as much as any country can be said to produce any player.

Also you might not have noticed but Northern Ireland beat Spain in Valencia back in 82, which considering how small a place it is, is a higher achievement than England have ever managed.

But yes the fundamental difference is Irish fans aren't as annoying or deluded.

P.S. how overrated is Scott Parker, I mean it's a pretty clever move, tuck your shirt in, do your hair like a spitfire pilot and run around alot and no one will notice you can't pass or have the balls to show for one.

I imagine Carrick is sitting at home drinking beer and laughing his balls off.
Yes, someone who could receive the ball in midfield and then do something sensible with it would have been handy. The Ferdinand decision turned out to have made fuck all difference given that Lescott and Terry (before his 'Summer break' :)) played so well. Carrick turned out to have been the real fuck up.

Yes, someone who could receive the ball in midfield and then do something sensible with it would have been handy. The Ferdinand decision turned out to have made fuck all difference given that Lescott and Terry (before his 'Summer break' :)) played so well. Carrick turned out to have been the real fuck up.

But that's to miss one thing that Ferdinand does pretty well for an English defender, carry or pass the ball from the back.

But that's to miss one thing that Ferdinand does pretty well for an English defender, carry or pass the ball from the back.
True (and I did think he should have gone/Hodgson probably caved in to the suits - though it wouldn't have made much difference tonight).

well as much as any country can be said to produce any player.

Also you might not have noticed but Northern Ireland beat Spain in Valencia back in 82, which considering how small a place it is, is a higher achievement than England have ever managed.

But yes the fundamental difference is Irish fans aren't as annoying or deluded.

P.S. how overrated is Scott Parker, I mean it's a pretty clever move, tuck your shirt in, do your hair like a spitfire pilot and run around alot and no one will notice you can't pass or have the balls to show for one.

Nothern Ireland is not much smaller than Holland. So what's your excuse now?

BTW we have won a world cup which I think counts more than one poxy win that you got framed on your bedroom wall.

On the otherhand I will give credit to Glenn Johnson who despite being Liverpool scum was really very good.

Nothern Ireland is not much smaller than Holland. So what's your excuse now?

BTW we have won a world cup which I think counts more than one poxy win that you got framed on your bedroom wall.

The Netherlands has a population of 16 million you clown.

Northern Ireland 1.5 million.

All you've done is show how shit England are in comparison to the Dutch, and yes I know the Dutch have never won a world cup but then neither have England, it was gifted to them by a Russian linesman.

Can I say something really thick, in that I've never heard of Pirlo before today. Has he really been some legend for the last 15 years and I've never heard of him?
maybe not for 15 years, but for ten years, Yes, he has been very good and done surprisingly well this year.

I don't get the fuss over this Pirlo, he can't run, tackle or get into the box, you can't have a passenger like him in midfield...

Back
Top Bottom