Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Israel in coordinated missile attacks on Gaza

They don't have to. They will do whatever they think fit.
They are the ones who are doing 90% of the killing right now.

In the meantime we can be sceptical about Hamas's complaints about their own people being brutalised for as long as they're not themselves prepared to do whatever is in their own power to de-escalate the conflict.

I addressed that here:
http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=8576492&postcount=1701

Besides which I don't think Hamas should have been firing rockets in the first place.

Exactly. The Czech and French Resistance were as guilty as the SS/Wehrmacht in allowing those people to die. If they had ceased fire, the Germans would have done the same and peace would have taken place. Instead both sides allowed innocent children to die, and as a result are equally to blame.

Thats about the argument Untethered is presenting.

Utter nonsense. The two situations are about as different as they could possibly be.

It will take more than Hamas to lay down their arms for the Israelis to stop, but you're naive to think that it wouldn't help the situation.

i) they could have stopped the rockets as a result of the UN resolution, indeed I think that it was a mistake to not do this;

I was watching the news this morning and there was a Hamas leader based in Syria saying that there would be no ceasefire and Hamas would not allow international forces to be based in Gaza. Noble words spoken from the safety of a foreign capital as his people die in their hundreds. The Israeli and Palestine people deserve better than the political leaders they have.

Yes, totally different... except for the 700+ people dying as the result of the actions of an occupying power.

For your point to be valid you still need to demonstrate how a long-running global, total conflict can be compared with a small, contained and localised skirmish.

Israel's insistance on this being self defence does slightly remind me of german claims that they were merely shooting back at the polish.

Zachor said:
How do you know that its not Hamas in stolen IDF uniforms?

I can't decide whether that is more pathetic than desperate, or more desperate than pathetic.

Aty least there can be no more arguments about zachor (who's betting he fucks off and comes back again with yet another new name in the next week or two?) and his vile racism and support for the murder of children and other civilians

I'm aware of the disparity of forces but this is in any meaningful sense of the word, a war.

If you pardon the unfortunate turn of phrase, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Besides, a lone nutter with a gun could kill more people than Hamas have managed with their rockets.

For your point to be valid you still need to demonstrate how a long-running global, total conflict can be compared with a small, contained and localised skirmish.

Yes, because hundreds of civilian casualties only matter when they take place in a "proper" war.

He's got a point you know. The Pals could have voted for some other group than a group of Jew hating nutters (thats if you believe that Hamas were voted in in Gaza rather than slaughtering their Fatah opponents).

When will people learn you can't make deals with fascists Chamberlain realised it too late lets hope the Olmert and others do.

Agree that it is time for a proper ceasefire in order for humanitarian aid to get through to the civilians.
He has'nt got a fuckin point,hes assuming that living in Gaza is the same as living in this country,why did Hamas get voted in?maybe cause the Pal people were fed up with the corrupt Fatah who were happy to act as Isreal's little helpers

Besides, weren't the french resistance also blamed for the german reprisals?

He has got to be trolling. It's the only thing that makes sense.

I do have to keep an eye on the news for a story 'Civil Servants head explodes' he gets so mad. And in work-time to, no wonder this country is going to the dogs.

they've admitted it as well, haven't they? So now zachor thinks that even the IDF are actually on Hamas' side. Or something

Israel's insistance on this being self defence does slightly remind me of german claims that they were merely shooting back at the polish.

or the WMD excuse for invading Iraq..... Seems Mr Olmert has learnt the excuses for unjustified invasion from Blair, Bush oh and naturally Hitler.....

Regardless of whether the response is proportionate or not, the rockets being fired into southern Israel do give some legitimacy to the claims that they are acting in self defence.

It is outrageous. They target schools, they target food convoy drivers. They are so low it's almost unbelievable.

People in future decades will look back and wonder why we sat and did nothing to stop it happening

There is on that aspect a shred of light in the darkness.
I'm in Belgium right now and in parliament are heated debates over that "doing nothing" while Belgian EU politicians are pushing for an outspoken condemnation of Israeli actions coming from the EU.

In the meantime the well known B-fast team, the Belgian medical "crash" team doesn't wait for EU agreement and is ready to take off to Egypt with a C130 of the Belgian army. To prepare for a transfer of wounded Palestinian children to Belgian hospitals. The aim is to establish an air corridor for the children and the aim is that the EU will follow suit. They carry along also medical and other emergency supplies and will help with what's needed in a Egyptian hospital.

Here is an article on it in Belgian quality newspapers.

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail.aspx?artikelId=DMF09012009_110&ref=front

http://www.lesoir.be/actualite/monde/gaza-des-belges-partent-2009-01-09-680171.shtml

edti to add link to Reuters posted by mauvais in the other thread.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUKL8335448

salaam

How do you know that its not Hamas in stolen IDF uniforms?

Can you give more details on those "stolen uniforms".

How did they get them
where
how many
did they need a tailor to make them fit (that is one jobless palestinian having a job, a good thing isn't it?)
or did they just had the right contacts within the IDF to make sure they all fitted nicely and came in the desired amounts, dropped off where they could pick them up without being shot at.

Edit to add the obvious question:

Are all those murdered in this vicious attack maybe Israelis who lost their way and by accident ended up in Gaza?
Or why else would Hamas in stolen IDF uniforms make them go there and next murder them while hoovering over the location on their flying carpets? (I breed flying carpets, looks like I missed a huge order there)

Thank you.

salaam.

or did they just had the right contacts within the IDF to make sure they all fitted nicely and came in the desired amounts, dropped off where they could pick them up without being shot at.
The IDF Golani brigades are teaming with HAMAS supporters, why else would Israel shell them?

Ynetnews even reported it as '3 soldiers killed, 30 injured in clash with Hamas gunmen'
http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en...lled,+30+injured+in+clash+with+Hamas+gunmen+"

But the jpost covered it up:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1231167270150&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Back
Top Bottom