Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Israel in coordinated missile attacks on Gaza

Political parties are always completely open about their intentions, especially during times of conflict :)
If I'm wrong about the actual course of events it'd be better if you provided some evidence instead of smart remarks, y'know

no sorry i continue to say you are wrong ..

firstly what sort of mosque is it? is it like the anti semitic one at finsbury park? .. surely you would not have supported that?

ok it is not .. it is an average run of the mill mosque .. it is under attack .. i will be there too but NOT to support 'The Durruti Street Mosque' BUT to oppose racism and fascism and defend my neighbours as PEOPLE not as muslims and certainly NOT the imam ..

you do NOT have to support the mosque to oppose it's opponents .. this is a muddle the left have got themselves into since lenin oppossed luxembourg on nationalism

what a crock of shit.

Firstly, the FP mosque wasn't a hotbed of anti-semitism, that's why the claw had to hold his fucking services outside.

And who is going to decide what a 'run of the mill mosque' is? Are you gong to insist on a survey of all its members whilst its burning down?

"yes, you really shouldnt hate those people because they are israeli and have taken your land, killed large numbers of you and imprisoned the rest for the last sixty years, and are still bombing you right now irrespective of where you are or what you are doing. well at least you shouldnt hate them because they are israeli"
not sure what you are getting at .. what you decribe has happenned .. it is not good .. hamas is not the answer so i do not support it .. solidarity with palestinians regardless of their 'leaders' is important and critically changing power here and in the US

I'm not talking about their "extreme views" though, I'm talking about Hamas' position of power in Palestine. They are the ruling party there and the leadership of Hamas has deliberately escalated this conflict in order to bolster their own support base.

IB,

They were elected in free and fair elections by the people of Palestine, largely because Fatah was as corrupt as it was ineffective at bringing about an improvement in living conditions.

We in the West, along with Israel, reacted to this democratic mandate by cutting off all funding to the PA, and encouraging (to the point of funding and arming) the losing party in those elections to fight (and lose, as far as Gaza is concerned) a civil war against Hamas. When they did agree to a ceasefire and made efforts to maintain it Israel (with the acquiesence of the West) blockaded, then raided, the Gaza Strip in fairly evident breaches of the ceasefire.

If anyone can be said to have provoked or escalated this conflict, Hamas is probably the least guilty.

ok it is not .. it is an average run of the mill mosque .. it is under attack .. i will be there too but NOT to support 'The Durruti Street Mosque' BUT to oppose racism and fascism and defend my neighbours as PEOPLE not as muslims and certainly NOT the imam ..
That'll do for me. You're there. You're at the mosque. You're not abstaining and you're not with the racists. Therefore you are offering your support to them in their fight against the racists (while not agreeing with everything every single one of them thinks blah, blah, blah).

Now, get your head sorted out on this giant racist attack by Israel on the REFUGEES of Gaza

If I'm wrong about the actual course of events it'd be better if you provided some evidence instead of smart remarks, y'know
Israel violated the ceasefire, and in return, Hamas started throwing rockets, engaging in a conflict which they know they cannot win. That, to me, is escalation regardless of who started it.

Not really the best analogy. To lend support to Hamas ("critical" or otherwise) is to lend support to a ruling party who play a role in the oppression and exploitation of the working class in Palestine. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't act in solidarity with Palestinians struggling against oppression by the Israeli state, but nor should we let the Palestinian state (which is what Hamas represents) completely off the hook.

Permit me to laugh. Which "working class"? The ones who can't have jobs because Israel locks them in an open prison which Israel is happy to keep under the umbrella of the supportive West?

Please, leave your laughable "working class" rethorics out of this, we are talking about people being murdered by an army that operates in breach with international law and under the protective umbrella and watchful eyes of the US/Western hypocrisy, and their "good friends" in my region, combined.
One could ponder about the question what those "good friends" have to gain by this. I don't think that is a difficult one to answer.

That is what is happening. Nothing else.

salaam.

Israel violated the ceasefire, and in return, Hamas started throwing rockets, engaging in a conflict which they know they cannot win. That, to me, is escalation regardless of who started it.

so you'd have rather they rolled over and died. That was the alternative. Pathetic liberalism.

You could have world-class mathematicians doing the sums for the launch angles, and the Qassams would still miss. It's nothing to do with "murderers" who "can't shoot straight", smiley boy. It's to do with Qassams being ineffective weapons that have minimal effect, except to function as a propaganda item.

Somehow, they still seem to kill people, though.

just as soon as you make a point which goes beyond Anarchism for Infants.
If it's so infantile, it should take you very little effort to refute.

How will declarations of "critical support" for the ruling party in Palestine help to end the occupation of Gaza?

what a crock of shit.

Firstly, the FP mosque wasn't a hotbed of anti-semitism, that's why the claw had to hold his fucking services outside.

don't be so bloody nieve .. of course it was .. read what hamza said .. and he was NOT outside .. he controlled it for a number of years ..

why can you not accept 'fascism' and racism in the muslim community yet you are happy to identify it in the jewish community?

so you'd have rather they rolled over and died.
Did I say that?

I support Palestinians resisting the occupation in Gaza, it doesn't follow that I support Hamas as an organisation, which is a political party that has used the suffering of the Palestinians in order to further it's own aims.

1)That'll do for me. You're there. You're at the mosque. You're not abstaining and you're not with the racists. Therefore you are offering your support to them in their fight against the racists (while not agreeing with everything every single one of them thinks blah, blah, blah).

2)Now, get your head sorted out on this giant racist attack by Israel on the REFUGEES of Gaza

1)i think you a re being disengenuous .. we are not agreeing .. you clearly 'support' hamas and their 'struggle' .. i do not

and 2) thats why i was at the picket in kensington last night .. and sadly listenning to muslims chant god is great and anarchists chant 'free palestine'! :(

don't be so bloody nieve .. of course it was .. read what hamza said .. and he was NOT outside .. he controlled it for a number of years ..

why can you not accept 'fascism' and racism in the muslim community yet you are happy to identify it in the jewish community?

Hamza was imam but then got kicked out, and did have to hold his services outside afterwards.

fuck off johnny. i was at the lobby for palestine a month ago (19th december) and i would estimate that over half of the people I met at the demo afterwards were Jewish.

on saturday i met a woman who had never been on any protests before and was jewish, marching to protest against the disgusting behaviour of israel.

THIS ISNT ABOUT JEWS VS NON-JEWS

get this into your head

IT IS ABOUT ISRAEL BEING CUNTS

If you love something you don't want to see it ruined.

On the Grauniads' liveblog:

This from AP.

An Israeli official says Palestinian militants fired from the courtyard of a UN school where dozens of people were killed in fiery explosions. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he said the army is still drafting the country's official response to the incident.

This is being actively denied on tv now by the head of UNWRA, John Ging.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2009/jan/06/gaza-israel

edit: the Israeli harpy PR on al-Jazeera is now claiming that not only was there a mortar fired from the building, but the school was also probably booby trapped, which caused the damage (and not the one shell she says they fired at the building). She says this means Hamas are really bad.

edit: John Ging's earlier comments about the humanitarian crisis that doesnt exist - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rwJZJXan-H8, and his comments about booby-trapped deathschools - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf6OJwqXEi4

1)i think you a re being disengenuous .. we are not agreeing .. you clearly 'support' hamas and their 'struggle' .. i do not

and 2) thats why i was at the picket in kensington last night .. and sadly listenning to muslims chant god is great and anarchists chant 'free palestine'! :(

I was there, as I have been four times in the last 8 days. I'm no anarchist and I was chanting 'free Palestine', what Muslims choose to chant is up to them. As Marx said, 'Religion is a heart in a heartless world'. And there is not much more heartless than the treatment of the Palestinians by the fascist state of Israel.

Ah, so you're backtraking now. Now you admit it was Israel that initiated this and the Gazan resistance (because it's not just Hamas that fires rockets) responded.

If someone is attacked by a racist I will not condemn their response, I will not try and paint them as the initiator of the escalation like you did.

Under any definition that you might use to class Nazi Germany as fascist you can apply it to the actions of Israel in the last 40 years.
All nation states are, to one degree or another, built on genocide. To describe Israel as fascist is to rob the word of all meaning.

Ah, so you're backtraking now. Now you admit it was Israel that initiated this and the Gazan resistance (because it's not just Hamas that fires rockets) responded.
I'm not backtracking. I never said that Hamas initiated anything.

I was there, as I have been four times in the last 8 days. I'm no anarchist and I was chanting 'free Palestine', what Muslims choose to chant is up to them. As Marx said, 'Religion is a heart in a heartless world'. And there is not much more heartless than the treatment of the Palestinians by the fascist state of Israel.
god is clearly not great for the palestinians .. and 'free palestine' is a nationalist slogan ( and one that disguising those who would see jews expelled from palestine) that will just lead us down another dead end

Back
Top Bottom