Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm on ur boardz, wasting ur 2024 election bandwidthz

Rishi drops himself in the shit after leaving the D-day commemorations early. Anyone would think they were suddenly announced like the GE was. :hmm:

No there’s quite a few. BBMF have another 3 (I think) and there’s more around the world.

View attachment 427954

After the recent accident though it might be time to start putting 'airworthy' in inverted commas. When the memorials start costing more lives, it's probably time to draw a line under it. The entire BBMF was grounded for the D-Day hullabaloo, and rightly so.

After the recent accident though it might be time to start putting 'airworthy' in inverted commas. When the memorials start costing more lives, it's probably time to draw a line under it. The entire BBMF was grounded for the D-Day hullabaloo, and rightly so.

Unsurprisingly I disagree. (Although grounding the BBMF was absolutely the right decision until cause has been established).

Planes crash, old ones, new ones, well looked after ones, badly maintained ones. It's an inevitable consequence of slipping the surly bonds of earth.

I've been up in older planes than the Spitfire that crashed, inverted and all sorts. If something happened that would have been a bummer but I wouldn't have missed the experience for anything. (Easy to say until you're upside down in a burning plane I suppose but there you go.)

2 gliders crashed 3 days before the Spitfire, 1 person died. Another glider crashed yesterday, pilot dead. I don't see anyone saying we should ground all gliders.

Unsurprisingly I disagree. (Although grounding the BBMF was absolutely the right decision until cause has been established).

Planes crash, old ones, new ones, well looked after ones, badly maintained ones. It's an inevitable consequence of slipping the surly bonds of earth.

I've been up in older planes than the Spitfire that crashed, inverted and all sorts. If something happened that would have been a bummer but I wouldn't have missed the experience for anything. (Easy to say until you're upside down in a burning plane I suppose but there you go.)

2 gliders crashed 3 days before the Spitfire, 1 person died. Another glider crashed yesterday, pilot dead. I don't see anyone saying we should ground all glider
s.

Maybe put engines in them

2 gliders crashed 3 days before the Spitfire, 1 person died. Another glider crashed yesterday, pilot dead. I don't see anyone saying we should ground all gliders.

Maybe not ground them, but they should all be limited to a top speed of 20 mph.

Back
Top Bottom